Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It'll fit in my fourby with wings on no worries. Hurry up. Lol. ;)

Comment

• If I can get an FMS 1700mm Corsair into a Golf, this Spit should be easy with the wings off.

Comment

• Originally posted by Veltro View Post
        I'm not a huge fan of the Spitfire, but this is REALLY nice. I'm sure I'll pre-order one.

I remember back when glow powered warbirds were 40 inches, then 60 inches, then 80 inches, then we went to giant gas powered planes. Now it seems like giant scale is in decline and 60 size is coming back with a fury.

It was always difficult to hide the glow engine and muffler in a 60 size Spitfire. The glow engine hated being upside down, too. Keeping the tail light was also difficult. With this new Flightline Spitfire, those days are gone!
        Hello Mr. Veltro, first of all thanks so much because your post remind me of my youth. If you do not mind I would like to share '' My Spity story '' to you and to all those with similar memories , all in the context of the arrival of the '' new '' shining Spitfire :

My first contact with 'adoration' RC Spitfire:
        Trieste (Italy) in 1971. the first time I saw the ''fatal'' Spitfire Vb (1600 mm) with an engine Supertigre , in scale version. The owner of the then-known craft stores, in the underpass '' of Gallerie Del Tergesteo '', now deceased Mr. Sandro , immediately noticed my wide open eyes and little desire to buy ... but luckily I had no enough money , 'cause I made a big youthful mistake, and then I did not know the rule no. 1 in the scale of RC flying: 'Spitfire is definitely not for beginners' .Later I came several times and we have established good contact enjoying in the best coffee 'espresso' in the world ... in friendly ''confessed'' to me that he would not be sold aforecited Spitfire .... from the above already mentioned reasons ....
        Present time and Epilogue :
        The other day I googled '' Trieste Italy and RC-shops ....but like many other good things ... ''gone with the wind'' ....of time.
        Note : Today, most of the rc airplanes items purchased over the Internet so.... this story seems unreal.
        Jos

Thanks for your time

Comment

• Since I fly on a grass field, I have been holding off on narrow-stance warbirds. The waiting is over; I can't stand not having a Bf-109 and a Spit in my multinational arseonal of freedom. I'm getting a Durafly 1100mm Bf-109 Emill. I'm a huge fan of Freewing/FlightLineRC and MRC's great customer service, but I'm really torn between this 1600mm Spit Mk IX and the Avios 1450 Spit Mk Vb, both should hit the streets about the same time, I think. The decision may be made by whichever one hits the street first. My attention span is sometimes that short. LOL

This Spit looks awesome!
          ---
          Warbirder

Comment

• Originally posted by richgraf View Post
            Removable/Clipped Wingtips? FL 1600 Spitfire or 1450 Avios Spitfire?

I think the FL 1600 Spit is going to be a wonderful warbird. My only complaint/suggestion is that anything over 1450 mm wingspan won’t fit in many SUV's without removing the wing.

I only had two planes 1500mm+ that I had to remove the wings to get in my SUV, one rarely gets used and the other I gave away. I don't want to buy another.

I can get two 1400mm planes and another 2 smaller planes into my 2014 Ford Explorer with careful arranging. The first 1400 has the empennage on the console between seats driver/front passenger. The trailing edge of the wing is about 10" behind the front seats.
            This leaves room for another 1400mm plane turned at appx. 45 degree and tucked up close to the front one. The smaller planes get piled in the back by the hatch.

It the wingtips came off I could still use this arrangement. The Spitfire has a panel line along the outer edge of the aileron. If that outer section could be removed easily with a screw or magnet the wingspan could be brought down to 1400mm appx.
            Apparently late model Spitfires were able to change wingtips for different missions and pilot preference. Also a clipped wingtip option would be easy at that point for those that might want them.

I think this would make the FL 1600 Spitfire an easier choice for many of us who generally don't go larger than 1450mm.
            Both the Avios and Flightline Spitfires use 6s . That seems to be a hurdle for some flyers. My thinking is that if they want a 1400 or larger Spitfire and have to go for 6s either way, it’s just a matter of getting it into the car.

I’d really prefer the FL 1600 but will most likely settle for the Avios 1450. A removable wingtip would put the FL 1600 in both size category’s. Think this would be a winner for FL and MotionRC.
            This is a super idea!

Comment

• Originally posted by richgraf View Post
              I can get two 1400mm planes and another 2 smaller planes into my 2014 Ford Explorer with careful arranging.
              A Ford Explorer, you say...... That is a HUGE vehicle. I have a little VW Golf.
              This day was just getting started. 1450mm P-51 whole, 1450mm ViperJet and 3 more planes went in right after these.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2021.JPG
Views:	789
Size:	108.0 KB
ID:	64656

On this day ....................... 1500mm A-10, 1700mm Corsair, 1400mm SkyMule, Funjet and 2900mm Mystique RES in the front seat. I could have thrown in another 2 little planes but I don't fly that long at the field each day.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2041.JPG
Views:	767
Size:	109.7 KB
ID:	64657

Comment

• Like the SkyMule :)
                Brandon Moon

Comment

• Originally posted by Brandon Moon View Post
                  Like the SkyMule :)
                  It's one of my favorite planes. It will soon be replaced by the BushMule. I'd keep both but I'm at the point now where one has to go if one is to come. I just checked my TX and plane number 46 just got added.

Comment

• I've got you all beat. 16 airplanes, camping gear, cooler, field boxes, etc., all in a 1990 Honda CRX! :)
                    Pat

Comment

• Now that's some creative juggling and packing ;)
                      Brandon Moon

Comment

• Wow, now that's impressive! :Cool:
                        My YouTube RC videos:
                        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• How many planes were injured during filming? lol
                          www.TSHobbies.com
                          Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Comment

• None! :)
                            Pat

Comment

• More importantly, did the beer stay frosty? :Sweating:

Comment

• That's what coolers are made for. ;)
                                Pat

Comment

• I bow to the master, one question......Where's the wife?????:)
                                  Grossman56
                                  Team Gross!

Comment

• Yeah I could only get 13 gassers in my car. You win lol

Comment

• Holy moly! Reminds me of the circus, but instead of clowns in the car, its airplanes!

I think you would be good at the game Tetris:)

Comment

• Or like the old college thing about trying to jam as many students in a telephone booth. Oh yeah, that's back in the 'olden days' when there wasn't anything called a cell phone,

Grossman56
                                        Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt. Crunch View Post
                                          Holy moly! Reminds me of the circus, but instead of clowns in the car, its airplanes!

I think you would be good at the game Tetris:)
                                          I played a lot of Tetris on my Nintendo 64. :)
                                          Pat

Comment

Working...
                                          X