Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nah, don't fly at TMAC or any other club - too much political BS. I just fly at private sites. Thanks for the idea on shipping cost. More than I expected so I hope the plane is cheaper than the P-38. Every dollar counts when the conversion rate is so crap!
    cheers

Comment

• Tell me about it... was like Xmas a couple of years ago when our dollar was almost on par with theirs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirty View Post
        Tell me about it... was like Xmas a couple of years ago when our dollar was almost on par with theirs.
        Yeah, our dollar is currently getting hammered, too. Won't be buying much of anything for a while.
        (On a side note ........................ Not long ago, someone on the "other" site raked me over the coals because I said it's costing those in other countries more to buy stuff based on US dollars. They said that "it's still XXX US dollars no matter what other currencies are doing. What an idiotic and ignorant statement that was. Try buying something that used to cost $1000.00 CAN that now cost $1400.00 CAN and your salary is still $1000.00 CAN - same applies to OZ dollars. I guess he flunked international currency school.)

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper2 View Post
          Yeah, our dollar is currently getting hammered, too. Won't be buying much of anything for a while.
          (On a side note ........................ Not long ago, someone on the "other" site raked me over the coals because I said it's costing those in other countries more to buy stuff based on US dollars. They said that "it's still XXX US dollars no matter what other currencies are doing. What an idiotic and ignorant statement that was. Try buying something that used to cost $1000.00 CAN that now cost $1400.00 CAN and your salary is still $1000.00 CAN - same applies to OZ dollars. I guess he flunked international currency school.)
          Yeah, the amount of ignorance and trolling seems to be increasing exponentially, especially on RCG.
          ---
          Warbirder

Comment

• I visited Oz twice during the early and mid - nineties. The currency difference then was about the same as it is today. But then it swung the other way. A Holiday in Vegas became a cheap date. Ryan Air would fly charters full of drunk British futbal rowdies. Lol

What is more meaningful is what does one US dollar actually buy ? How much for a pint of local beer ? If you say one US equals one Aussie tap beer, call me an immigrant! LOL

Hawk

Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
            Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
            I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Probably not far off... better start learning "advance Australia fair". ;)

Comment

• a week has passed and no talk or updates on a preorder for this one............thought we should be getting close with the other models due in off the boat anytime. on to the next model,.this one i hope

Comment

• Ok...so its the second week of May. Where is the pre-order!!! Lol. So yeah...I want one.:Silly:
                  Big time propeller head
                  Love flying scale and 3D
                  Currently building a GP SE5A

Comment

• And HK has gone radio silent on their Avios Spit and Durafly Bf-109 Emil. Maybe the airwar has turned into who can string their customers along the longest. LOL
                    I'm still patiently awaiting the FL Spit and Durafly Emil...
                    ---
                    Warbirder

Comment

• Yeah, It's been kind of quiet on both the FL Spitty and the new Avios Spitty......Been watching for info on release of either one myself.....
                      Brandon Moon

Comment

• I suspect I will be told to start the product page very soon now that the Avanti and A-10 are going to be here soon.
                        My YouTube RC videos:
                        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• When they do ship it would be nice if they include a bunch of propeller blades to purchase in the spare parts. I like to buy extra's to get a better chance of having a balanced set without too much work.

Comment

• Hi Beeg , I think we can still have problems of overturning the nose ... that's the fate of the RC -Spit/BF-109 models. During The World War II, full size BF-109 and Spitfire also have had the same problems at war aerodromes, because of their weak and narrow standing wheels ... but love (for Spitfires) is blind.;)

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                              I suspect I will be told to start the product page very soon now that the Avanti and A-10 are going to be here soon.
                              Ok. Start the product page mate. ;)

Comment

• You heard Shirty. Start the product page now:blueangry:Angry:LOL. Any time now please.:)
                                Dewey l

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                                  I suspect I will be told to start the product page very soon now that the Avanti and A-10 are going to be here soon.
                                  So if you have the page ready to go and are waiting for the go ahead...then you must know an estimated ETA. Can you divulge that??
                                  Big time propeller head
                                  Love flying scale and 3D

Comment

• So I decided to just call MRC and see whats up with the Spitfire. I was told it got pushed back and won't be available til the end of summer. Bummer. Wonder whats up with that?? Hopefully someone from MRC will elaborate. I'm sure there is a good reason. These things happen. I'll get one either way but it sure seems like the two new bigger Spitfires are taking a hot minute to get here...only bits and pieces of info here and none on the other one.
                                    Big time propeller head
                                    Love flying scale and 3D

Comment

• Or, maybe that means there are other really cool planes coming down the pipe! :Cool:I hope that's it anyway.

Comment

• Hmmm, that's not good news mate. This is the one I'm hanging for... wonder what's up? At any rate, I'm in for the long haul on the spitty. Been wanting a decent sized one for literally ages.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beeg View Post
                                          Or, maybe that means there are other really cool planes coming down the pipe! :Cool:I hope that's it anyway.
                                          Oh I'm sure there is...MRC is famous for bringing cool planes, but then again ya gotta finish one at a time.;)
                                          Big time propeller head
                                          Love flying scale and 3D

Comment

Working...
                                          X