Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sam flying the upcoming Spitfire today alongside Xplaneguy's Freewing 70mm F-16 V2. Smooth flying, guys!

Taking off...

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC08628.JPG Views:	1 Size:	76.8 KB ID:	65125

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC08650.JPG Views:	2 Size:	36.6 KB ID:	65128

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC08652.2.jpg Views:	2 Size:	36.5 KB ID:	65127

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC08673.2.jpg Views:	2 Size:	33.6 KB ID:	65126

Landing...

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC08686.JPG
Views:	639
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	65129

Name:	DSC08688.JPG
Views:	606
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	65130
    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Great shots! I assume there was a luxurious head wind explaining sans flaps on the landing? ;)
      My YouTube RC videos:
      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Thanks Alpha!

Comment

• Less than 3 mph headwind, Aros. This bird is so floaty it doesn't need flaps for takeoff or landing whatsoever.

Comment

• Nice pics :)

Comment

• Hi Alpha , Impressive....... is there a possibility for the video?....if you don't mind :Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                Less than 3 mph headwind, Aros. This bird is so floaty it doesn't need flaps for takeoff or landing whatsoever.
                Niiiiiiice...
                My YouTube RC videos:
                https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Looks great Alpha! Now, is that the preproduction version that you painted yourself or is that a factory painted version?
                  I assume that it will be coming with no decals applied so we can custom paint it without peeling decals?

Grossman56
                  Team Gross!

Comment

• It is the preproduction version.

Comment

• Was it painted or white?
                      Team Gross!

Comment

• It was white foam which Alpha painted.

Comment

• Very nice, guys! The Spitfire is very cool! Nice job, Sam!

Bob

Tony, the jet is nice too!

Comment

• Anyone run the numbers on converting this into a 4s plane. All the modder out there must be thinking that they might get more bang for their buck on 4s like the FMS T-bolt??
                            Anything??

Grossman56
                            Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                              Anyone run the numbers on converting this into a 4s plane. All the modder out there must be thinking that they might get more bang for their buck on 4s like the FMS T-bolt??
                              Anything??

Grossman56
                              Kinda think that question is just a little premature at this moment Gman because we don't have it in hand nor do we have any firm specs other than it is designed to run on 6S and has a 16 inch prop.
                              At a minimum to start the power mod process the AUW needs to be known. We don't even know presently what the size of the motor that is designed for it.
                              I would be willing to bet that a 4S mod is out classed on this bird based on the 1600mm span.
                              It is probably using a newly designed FL motor sized in the 5060 class to turn that 16" prop.
                              Just waiting to hear from Alpha as the time approaches the further details on it's power setup.
                              Comparing the 1500 Razor to this Spitty is not a par relationship. ;)
                              Warbird Charlie
                              HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Thanks so much for taking those photos Alpha - that was some fun formation flying! The Spitfire handled it nicely, even though the air had been a bit rough earlier, she took it gracefully. Flew great the whole time, no flaps necessary for any phase of flight in our weather conditions yesterday. Hope to be out there again soon and log some more formation hours with Xplaneguy!

Comment

• This bird really won't like 4s with that 16" prop. We originally flew a 17" prop in early prototypes, but the speed was just too slow for what I think most pilots would appreciate, and the scale factor was too much of a compromise on RC size performance expectations. The 16" is a nice balance between thrust, duration, scale+ performance, and scale appearance. But all that said, the new motor we spec'd for it is a 6s motor only in the 5060 ~385-395kv range.

Also, to those asking about disassembly and transportation, here are some photos:

The two wing halves and spar attach together with two machine screws, and I suspect most pilots will leave the wing assembled as one piece like this for transport. A blue circuit box is included to consolidate wiring for the channels and lights to just three outputs.

Name:	DSC07206.JPG
Views:	705
Size:	29.2 KB
ID:	65397

Four machine screws attach the one piece wing to the fuselage, screwed into machined inserts for durability, reliability, and longevity. A fifth machine screw attaches the chin scoop.

Name:	DSC07200.JPG
Views:	638
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	65399

The propeller is easy to remove, just unscrew the nose tip screw to access the spinner backplate/blade assembly as shown. Another note about this new backplate design, is that whereas the older backplates used loose washers from the back of the spinner, this Spitfire's backplate has eight machined inserts molded into the rear of the plastic itself. This allows easy adjustment on the fly of the blade's tracking while the entire assembly is mounted on the motor. The inserts are machine screws, so loosening and tightening and loosening the screws is repeatable without worry of wearing out the threads.

Name:	DSC07212.JPG
Views:	674
Size:	28.9 KB
ID:	65400

Attached Files

Comment

• Dang I like that bird...send me 7 or 8 of them.
                                    TiredIron Aviation
                                    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Looking good Alpha, any thoughts on when the preorder might open up?

I'm asking now because the first post says "Slated for production in late February, ETA is early April time frame" :)

Comment

• With those prop a power assemblies maybe a deHavilland Hornet is in the works? ;)

Comment

• Some sweet plane on the way! Getting closer and closer to release day, so many planes so little $$

Grossman56
                                          Team Gross!

Comment

Working...
                                          X