Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little River Band , one of my all time favorite bands, so nice to be Reminiscing !!

Comment

• Hey Mobywon, every once in a while, we all slip into band mode as a lot of us were/are rockers at one time.

Grossman56
      Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mobywon View Post
        Little River Band , one of my all time favorite bands, so nice to be Reminiscing !!
        Good one Mobywon, love to go back to Aussieland but it's a Long Way There!! Brad P.S. It was the platypus.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
          Hey Mobywon, every once in a while, we all slip into band mode as a lot of us were/are rockers at one time.

Grossman56
          I saw a T-shirt once that said " I might be old but at least I saw all the cool bands!":Cool:Brad

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
            Hey Mobywon, every once in a while, we all slip into band mode as a lot of us were/are rockers at one time.

Grossman56
            And a few us like modest Gman and myself were (I still am) performing rock/blues musicians.
            Just had to differentiate us Gman from the "other rockers" that didn't perform but supported our passion we had for the art. ;)

OK downwindleg, caught that second inference of "It's a Long Way There" off the Backstage Pass album by LRB also. LOL
            So now you've hit 2 of their 17 studio albums. :Cool:

Just 'No Reins' on this thread whilst everyone anxiously awaits the first LARGE foam Spitty. :)
            Warbird Charlie
            HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Hey Shirty, I've been wondering where that cool P-51 on your avatar is located. There is one in Florida at the Fantasy of Flight air museum that looks just like that. It's called the Cripes a Mighty based on George Preddy's plane in England during WWII. I redid my FMS P-51 in that livery. Did I mention my favorite beer is Victoria Bitter? Anyway, cheers mate, Brad P.S.I hear the 12 apostles are slowly decaying into the ocean and there's only like 5 left.

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post
                Hey Shirty, I've been wondering where that cool P-51 on your avatar is located. There is one in Florida at the Fantasy of Flight air museum that looks just like that. It's called the Cripes a Mighty based on George Preddy's plane in England during WWII. I redid my FMS P-51 in that livery. Did I mention my favorite beer is Victoria Bitter? Anyway, cheers mate, Brad P.S.I hear the 12 apostles are slowly decaying into the ocean and there's only like 5 left.
                Here is video I shot of Kermit Weeks flying his P-51 at the Fantasy of Flight in Florida.

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post
                  Hey Shirty, I've been wondering where that cool P-51 on your avatar is located. There is one in Florida at the Fantasy of Flight air museum that looks just like that. It's called the Cripes a Mighty based on George Preddy's plane in England during WWII. I redid my FMS P-51 in that livery. Did I mention my favorite beer is Victoria Bitter? Anyway, cheers mate, Brad P.S.I hear the 12 apostles are slowly decaying into the ocean and there's only like 5 left.
                  G'day mate, yes it's the same plane at the museum in Florida. I'm a big fan of the bluenosers. A few of the boys on rcg have a tribute rc squadron of fms bluenosers and fly at events. I've been lucky enough to be included as a "honorary" member. Derik (moonbeam), also included me in wishing a happy birthday to Lt Robert "punchy" Powell's birthday a couple of years back. I felt honoured to be included, I even kept the email:

"Wow. I can't believe I actually get a chance to pass a message on to one of my heroes. I've been fascinated with WW2 history ever since I can remember, and I'm a huge fan of the 352nd groups exploits. My blue nose mustangs are the pride and joy of all my RC planes. You Sir, (and all your compatriots who served to protect our freedom and those still serving today), are a huge source of inspiration for me, and please accept my heartfelt thanks for your service. If it wasn't for thousands of brave young Americans (and Aussies), like you, I'm sure Australia would be a very different place today. I'm sure I speak for nearly all Australians when I simply say "thank you". We will always remember. Happy birthday and have a fantastic day. Hope there's many more to come".

Yeah, the apostles are slowly fading away, nice bit of the country though and the great ocean drive is still pretty spectacular. Thank god you didn't say fosters lol. No one drinks that over here, it's just good marketing that most Americans think that's the beer we drink. But fosters is gotta be the worst example of Aussie beer. Vb is still a mainstay for most. ;)

Ps: if you get the chance, watch the "dogfights" episode called "death of the Luftwaffe". It's a great story on the 352nd.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flash Jorden View Post

Here is video I shot of Kermit Weeks flying his P-51 at the Fantasy of Flight in Florida.
                    Awesome!!! :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirty View Post

G'day mate, yes it's the same plane at the museum in Florida. I'm a big fan of the bluenosers. A few of the boys on rcg have a tribute rc squadron of fms bluenosers and fly at events. I've been lucky enough to be included as a "honorary" member. Derik (moonbeam), also included me in wishing a happy birthday to Lt Robert "punchy" Powell's birthday a couple of years back. I felt honoured to be included, I even kept the email:

"Wow. I can't believe I actually get a chance to pass a message on to one of my heroes. I've been fascinated with WW2 history ever since I can remember, and I'm a huge fan of the 352nd groups exploits. My blue nose mustangs are the pride and joy of all my RC planes. You Sir, (and all your compatriots who served to protect our freedom and those still serving today), are a huge source of inspiration for me, and please accept my heartfelt thanks for your service. If it wasn't for thousands of brave young Americans (and Aussies), like you, I'm sure Australia would be a very different place today. I'm sure I speak for nearly all Australians when I simply say "thank you". We will always remember. Happy birthday and have a fantastic day. Hope there's many more to come".

Yeah, the apostles are slowly fading away, nice bit of the country though and the great ocean drive is still pretty spectacular. Thank god you didn't say fosters lol. No one drinks that over here, it's just good marketing that most Americans think that's the beer we drink. But fosters is gotta be the worst example of Aussie beer. Vb is still a mainstay for most. ;)

Ps: if you get the chance, watch the "dogfights" episode called "death of the Luftwaffe". It's a great story on the 352nd.
                      Ah yes, I suspected as much- the blue nosed bastards of Boddington. The only thing different from the original P-51 D of George Preddy's from the one at Kermit Week's air museum is that although his mustang was a "D" , it was an early "D" and didn't have the dorsal fin ahead of the vertical stabilizer. That was added soon after his plane was built because, after changing from the "birdcage" on the "C" version to the bubble canopy on the "D" the mustang lost some longitudinal stability. The dorsal fin was added to compensate for that in later production models of that variant. Forgive me if I'm telling you something you already know. Cheers, Brad

Comment

• No worries mate. And no, I didn't know that. But I love my warbirds, so any conversation about them is a good one in my book, even if I've heard it before.

While we wait for this one, thought I'd share my plans for this spitty. It'll be based on one of only 3 surviving flying spitfires in Australia, which recently flew again at the Australian international airshow at Avalon last month. (Magazine pic below, you can just see a USAF F22 in the background, and the first raaf F35's were presented at the show too).

Whilst the sharks mouth is most famous for being on the p40's, the pilots from the flying tigers themselves have stated they saw it on some RAAF spitfires in India and copied it, as they thought it would be great for their p40's. However, the Aussies weren't the first to do the sharks mouth, a ww1 German ace used it on his Fokker and this is the first recorded use on a warbird.

At any rate, I've always associated the sharks mouth with Aussie spittys - (before the yanks rudely claimed it was their own... just stirring boys lol ;)) and I love them on the spitfire. Hope my 4th grade kindy painting skills don't let Callie down. :D

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0173.JPG Views:	2 Size:	87.8 KB ID:	70539Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1003.JPG Views:	1 Size:	92.2 KB ID:	70538
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Those shark teeth look awesome on the Spit! Why should the P-40's owners have all the fun? And If her vertical stab doesn't look kinda like a sharks fin, I don't know what does!!

Comment

• Agreed, outside of the P-40 I've never liked the shark teeth design on any other warbird - until now.
                            My YouTube RC videos:
                            https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                              Agreed, outside of the P-40 I've never liked the shark teeth design on any other warbird - until now.
                              The Spit does look pretty cool with that scheme! I personally loved it on the Vietnam era Cobras and Hueys as well, and properly done, it looked pretty good on P-39s as well.

Comment

• Yeah I liked them on the Vietnam-era Heli's as well....Just felt too proprietary for me though on anything fixed wing other than the P-40. :)
                                My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Agreed, outside of the P-40 I've never liked the shark teeth design on any other warbird - until now.
                                  The cool thing about the P-40 :p40 that lent itself to the shark mouth nose art was the cowling shape. It dropped straight down below the spinner to house the three oil coolers so the spinner looked like the snout and the lower cowl, of course, looked like the open mouth. But like the A-10:a10 and the Spitfire :spitfire a little painting creativity can make it look way good!!!:Cool:BTW love the pics Shirty and the documentary as well. Hey Flash, awsome video of the Cripes a Mighty and OV 10, I guess I owe you one now after the " No Reins" shot- I wouldn't want to be the "Lonesome Loser",LOL Brad

Comment

Yeah I liked them on the Vietnam-era Heli's as well....Just felt too proprietary for me though on anything fixed wing other than the P-40. :)
                                    Well, in any case it looks better than the other way around:

Comment

• LOL
                                      My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• The cg is way off on that thing.LOL
                                        Dewey l

Comment

• Originally posted by Dewey H Lee View Post
                                          The cg is way off on that thing.LOL
                                          Yeah, the wing loading has to be an issue as well.LOLCan you imagine what the stall speed would be?:Thinking:Not to mention the glide ratio!!!!:(Brad

Comment

Working...
                                          X