Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This thing won't see private ownership for at least a month, maybe two or more. Shall we let the bells ring and the banners fly for 2 months? That gets pretty tiring. The one example we've seen is a pre-production model and likely not the final rendition. Really hard to flap our gums over something where the foam hasn't even been injected yet. Perhaps we should just go back to the last part of page 2 and just copy/paste all the posts day by day with new time stamps? I've seen thread2 for new planes run up hundreds and hundreds of pages over many, many months and the molds haven't even been greased yet. Oh wait! You didn't actually think people had these already, did you?

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
      Sounds great Skipper!
      Here's a shot of wonderful Wyoming that I just took out of my window...
      So I can totally relate!!
      Hey, I am from Wyoming also! You probably noticed when I left, because that was a decrease of about 2% in the state population. Now I'm in San Diego, suffering this harsh winter:

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper2 View Post
        This thing won't see private ownership for at least a month, maybe two or more. Shall we let the bells ring and the banners fly for 2 months? That gets pretty tiring. The one example we've seen is a pre-production model and likely not the final rendition. Really hard to flap our gums over something where the foam hasn't even been injected yet. Perhaps we should just go back to the last part of page 2 and just copy/paste all the posts day by day with new time stamps? I've seen thread2 for new planes run up hundreds and hundreds of pages over many, many months and the molds haven't even been greased yet. Oh wait! You didn't actually think people had these already, did you?
        No, but after posts 202 and 211, I expected something, and when nothing happened and all went quiet, I was concerned, similar things have happened before, that's all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Austang View Post

No, but after posts 202 and 211, I expected something, and when nothing happened and all went quiet, I was concerned, similar things have happened before, that's all.
          I wondered the same but...........anyone that has been on this forum as long as I have has gotten to know that Alpha's plate is loaded and most of the times a little patience in waiting for IT does pay off. ;)
          Oh, and welcome to the Squawk !
          Warbird Charlie
          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Welcome Austang! We try to pump as much info on imminent releases as much as we can as we all know, we love info on new models, even ones where the foam has yet to be "injected" so-to-speak. Alpha does his best to make himself available to the community to answer questions about new models that we have intimately been involved with their R&D such as Freewing and FlightLineRC. However, periods of silence are indicators that Alpha is busy working behind the scenes with these manufacturers so we can continue to "oooh and aaaah" over the final results like we have been, that I can assure you.

:Cool:
            My YouTube RC videos:
            https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Glad to hear it Aros, I was excited over the announcement of this bird, then all went very quiet, but seems like good news ahead.

Comment

• Nevermind..

Comment

• Originally posted by Austang View Post

With that kind of interest and enthusiasm, this plane will surely be a success.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gringotuerto View Post

Hey, I am from Wyoming also! You probably noticed when I left, because that was a decrease of about 2% in the state population. Now I'm in San Diego, suffering this harsh winter:
                    Hey, rubbing it in! How's the rain!!
                    Believe it or not, it's actually raining here instead of snowing. Hope it stays that way, we're heading for Idaho Falls to pick up the new trailer on Friday, 8 hour trip one way as Yellowstone is closed of course.
                    Where abouts in Wyoming are you from??

Grossman56
                    Team Gross!

Comment

• I'm not a huge fan of the Spitfire, but this is REALLY nice. I'm sure I'll pre-order one.

I remember back when glow powered warbirds were 40 inches, then 60 inches, then 80 inches, then we went to giant gas powered planes. Now it seems like giant scale is in decline and 60 size is coming back with a fury.

It was always difficult to hide the glow engine and muffler in a 60 size Spitfire. The glow engine hated being upside down, too. Keeping the tail light was also difficult. With this new Flightline Spitfire, those days are gone!

Comment

• I am a huge fan of the spitty. Been waiting years for something like this. Can't wait. :)

Comment

• We have the FlightLineRC 1600mm Spitfire Mk.IX out flying at Apollo today. What a sweetheart cruiser. It flies a lot like the Tigercat. Not too fast, very docile, good vertical and looping power, and a ridiculously gentle stall. It reminds me a lot like how the FlightLineRC Tigercat and Eflite Carbon Z T-28 fly. The wait's almost over, guys! When the container is ready we'll be opening the pre-order in the coming month!
                          Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Really looking forward to this one :) Like the way it flys
                            Brandon Moon

Comment

• Some pictures of this Spitfire yesterday out at Apollo. Stunning aircraft - the size is the perfect balance between an impressive presence on the ramp and an ease of transportability. Such a sweet flying plane as well!

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0976.jpg Views:	2 Size:	569.1 KB ID:	64236Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0992.jpg Views:	1 Size:	749.4 KB ID:	64235

Comment

• Can't wait for my first Spit! She looks worth the wait. Thanks for the photos Sam!
                                My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• What's the time frame on this one? Can we expect it in April? I think that's what I heard anyway.
                                  Ryan's going to let me fly his at Nefi for a cup of Starbucks coffee. He's cheap!!LOL

Grossman56

Team Gross!

Comment

• Can't wait Dan! As soon as we get our official production sample the rest won't be too far behind.

Comment

• Removable/Clipped Wingtips? FL 1600 Spitfire or 1450 Avios Spitfire?

I think the FL 1600 Spit is going to be a wonderful warbird. My only complaint/suggestion is that anything over 1450 mm wingspan won’t fit in many SUV's without removing the wing.

I only had two planes 1500mm+ that I had to remove the wings to get in my SUV, one rarely gets used and the other I gave away. I don't want to buy another.

I can get two 1400mm planes and another 2 smaller planes into my 2014 Ford Explorer with careful arranging. The first 1400 has the empennage on the console between seats driver/front passenger. The trailing edge of the wing is about 10" behind the front seats.
                                      This leaves room for another 1400mm plane turned at appx. 45 degree and tucked up close to the front one. The smaller planes get piled in the back by the hatch.

It the wingtips came off I could still use this arrangement. The Spitfire has a panel line along the outer edge of the aileron. If that outer section could be removed easily with a screw or magnet the wingspan could be brought down to 1400mm appx.
                                      Apparently late model Spitfires were able to change wingtips for different missions and pilot preference. Also a clipped wingtip option would be easy at that point for those that might want them.

I think this would make the FL 1600 Spitfire an easier choice for many of us who generally don't go larger than 1450mm.
                                      Both the Avios and Flightline Spitfires use 6s . That seems to be a hurdle for some flyers. My thinking is that if they want a 1400 or larger Spitfire and have to go for 6s either way, it’s just a matter of getting it into the car.

I’d really prefer the FL 1600 but will most likely settle for the Avios 1450. A removable wingtip would put the FL 1600 in both size category’s. Think this would be a winner for FL and MotionRC.

Comment

• Hi Richgraf, welcome to HobbySquawk!
                                        Alpha posted a pic on post 8 of this thread that might interest you. It shows how the plane breaks down for transport.
                                        Most of my 1400 mm will bust down in the same manner, I just make sure to color code my inputs and it works great.

Grossman56
                                        Team Gross!

Comment

• The thing is, these days, larger models are being engineered with smaller transport vehicles in mind. Wings have never been easier to remove. It's one of my favorite aspects of the new gen stuff...Even large warbirds travel easily!
                                          My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Working...
                                          X