Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official FlightLine RC 1600mm Spitfire Mk. IX Thread

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm hoping to have the Spitfire product page live by EOD...In the meantime ya'll can chew on the manual. :)

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/10...ser_Manual.pdf
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Aros, my wife and bank account don't like you. :)

Looking forward to this Spitfire!

Comment

• LOL I know that feeling!

Quick tech note on the manual. There's a missprint with the servo callout. The table says 17g plastic but they are actually 17g digital hybrid. FlightLine RC is updating the manual and as soon as I have it I will replace the link with the up-to-date version.
        My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Ya know what would really be cool?

The preorder goes live today when the product page is put up and the delivery date is just a week out because this plane is in the same container as the A-10.

That would be really cool!

Comment

• Hot off the presses. :)

All Radio Control RC Model Airplanes Motion RC is your trusted number one hobby shop to take off and hit the horizon. You will find radio controlled model airplanes suited for every skill level, from Beginner to Intermediate to Advanced and Expert. Whether you’re looking for your first electric RC airplane and need exp
            My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• In my best Sam Kinison voice. AAaaaa... Aa Aaaahhh

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                Where is the Buy Now or Preorder button??? :)
                ---
                Warbirder

Comment

• Please take my money already....:)

Comment

• Yes!

Comment

• I have requested an email when they become available.....I'm available to purchase now now now.........right now!

TwistedGrin

Comment

• Ah yes it's finely here was not there this morning I'm ready to purchase right now! Flightline 1600mm Spitfire!

Comment

• Maybe a little fun while we're waiting for the big preorder moment.
                          So, we know that it's a 1600 mm wingspan, so who can guess Evelyn's height judging by this picture ?
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	3_215e8ab9-ba7e-4b34-8838-f6e600753d21_1024x1024.jpg
Views:	623
Size:	499.2 KB
ID:	76579
                          Just a bit of fun while Aros gets that pre order button thing figured out.:)

Grossman56
                          Team Gross!

Comment

• Well having met the young lady in person ;) I'll say this....She's no shorty ;)
                            Brandon Moon

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                              Maybe a little fun while we're waiting for the big preorder moment.
                              So, we know that it's a 1600 mm wingspan, so who can guess Evelyn's height judging by this picture ?

Name:	3_215e8ab9-ba7e-4b34-8838-f6e600753d21_1024x1024.jpg
Views:	623
Size:	499.2 KB
ID:	76579
                              Just a bit of fun while Aros gets that pre order button thing figured out.:)

Grossman56
                              I'll wager a guess of 5'0"
                              Models current and qualified on!: Freewing; 90mm F-16, 80mm Mig-21, A-4, F-14, F-5, L-39, P-51 / Flexinnovation flexjet / HSD; 105mm F-16 / Flightline 1600mm Spitfire, B-24 / FMS; P-40b, F4U Corsair, Beaver (painted as an Army U-6), /Eflite; Carbon Z T-28, V900, P2 Prometheus, Pitts S1, umx Pitts, Champ, umx B-17, and a bunch of other small bits and bobs from hobbyking.

Comment

• Near as I can figure, I'd wager the same height as my wife, 5 foot 1 inch.

Grossman56
                                Team Gross!

Comment

• Same as a hobbit? ;)

nice job on the product page todd, like the boys said - take my money already!

Comment

• As soon as the bosses tell me to add the pre-sale, I will be like...

Name:	ce66e355c8426c332753b20987603eb51302117811_full.png
Views:	378
Size:	217.9 KB
ID:	76590
                                    My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Tell them I said shut up and take my money already! Lol

Comment

• I just read the "coming soon" product page over at MotionRC. I notice the speed is listed as 75mph. Hmm....I'm not one of those who likes to build warbird-shaped hotliners, but still 75mph seems a tad slow. I hope they provide an alternate 2-blade electric prop and spinner, with perhaps a different motor, just for some variety.

Comment

• Hi Grintotuerto,
                                          Thanks for your feedback. Unfortunately we're not going to be providing a two blade prop/spinner for this aircraft for a couple of reasons. First, the two blade options for our other FlightLineRC aircraft don't sell well; even spread out across several models, the cost of the same motor for those 1200mm warbirds is still high from a mass production standpoint. This big 1600mm Spitfire already requires one all new motor for the four blade option, and the prospect of investing in an all new two blade motor on top of that just wasn't in the cards from a financially responsible standpoint. We wouldn't be able to order enough of them to keep the price acceptable for the majority.

The other reason why we aren't offering a faster setup is simply because this Spitfire is big, and bigger requires more power to get going appreciably faster. The large wingspan also required a thicker wing, which in turn made it even harder to squeeze out pure speed due to drag. In the testing phase last Spring, we tested different propellers, four blade and two blade, that varied the airspeed between 60mph and up to 100mph. To be honest, between 70mph-85mph the bird looks the same in the air due to its size. So, we stepped back and asked ourselves what was the primary goal of this specific aircraft, which was to be a large, scale warbird that would fly like a scale warbird for a good amount of time at a good price with a scale four bladed propeller. With all those factors in consideration, 75mph turned out to be the sweet spot in terms of amps, flight duration, weight, scale factor, and cost. The 95mph setups were very high amp setups and the flight time was closer to a 3 minute jet, which we felt went against our intention for a big warbird. Even a prototype 8s system wasn't appreciably faster, yet the cost jumped. I'm sure someone here will try it, which would be great, it's just not a mass market kind of setup.

Ryan and Mike will be shooting their flight video later this month. I'd encourage everyone to watch those videos to get a better sense of the aircraft's performance than a single level speed figure. This Spitfire has big vertical, can fly five consecutive 300 foot loops (thrusty!), and is a gentle *****cat, which we thought would open up the potential audience more widely than if we overspent for a two bladed 8s powered speed demon with higher wing loading, a thinner flimsier wing, and faster landing speeds.

I hope this information helps!

Cheers

Name:	IMG_0434.jpg
Views:	835
Size:	30.8 KB
ID:	76608
                                          Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Working...
                                          X