Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello t01ga , successful and seductive design performance.Thanks for sharing .... I was able to do something similar thanks to a gift from my friend Elbee.

Comment

• Originally posted by MesRcPilot View Post
      Hello t01ga , successful and seductive design performance.Thanks for sharing .... I was able to do something similar thanks to a gift from my friend Elbee.
      Thanks Mes and I like your choice of words. I like it when something feels complete. Happy flying my friend.
      Tolga
      Instagram: @_t01ga_
      YouTube: t01ga

Comment

• Hello, had a few comments from customers at recent events asking about the best battery for this Spit so thought I'd post here in case it was missed. Recently I've been flying on the 5100mah Admiral and this pack give it all the weight up the front it needs to balance correctly, which I did find was 5-10mm in front of the recommended location in the manual. Anyone else find this?

Either way, in case you missed here, here is my recent experience with this amazing bird of grass.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spitfire4life View Post
          Hello, had a few comments from customers at recent events asking about the best battery for this Spit so thought I'd post here in case it was missed. Recently I've been flying on the 5100mah Admiral and this pack give it all the weight up the front it needs to balance correctly, which I did find was 5-10mm in front of the recommended location in the manual. Anyone else find this?

Either way, in case you missed here, here is my recent experience with this amazing bird of grass.

Hey Stuart, another great video. I have a little bit of a difference with mine, although I recommend anyone to take Stuart's guidance over mine any day, just look at how beautifully he flys this baby. I started out the first 40 flights with the AD 5000, then switched to the AD 4000 for the last 60 or so flights. I prefer the 4000, still get 7-8 minutes and noticed it seems to be a little quicker at the same throttle setting and a little more nible (whatever the hell that means). I also have mine balanced at 97mm with the gear down and like it much better than the recommended 90mm, so I gather you have yours at 80-85mm. I have no tail heavy symptoms and still need slight down elevator when inverted. My Spitty is definitely a little heavier than the stock as I have 5 coats of Spar Urethane on it and the sound system, so the lighter battery gets it closer to the stock weight with a 5000. Either way, this bird has the right power plant in it as there is no manuver it can't do at anywhere from 1/2 to full throttle, just a pure joy to fly.

The only other issue I had on grass was once the leading edge of a gear door caught on grass that was past our fields normal mowing day and it ripped it off the struts. Had the same issue on my 2 F4's and Stinger 90 so I bevelled the leading and trailling edges of each gear door on the bottom and have been fine ever since. We do have a great grass runway at our clubs field that is mowed to fairway length twice a week, but this is Florida and in the summer with the sun and afternoon showers, it grows a foot a day.
          Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
          Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• For the coming weekend, I send everyone a small but significant gift .... not to forget the beginnings and our childhood dreams.
            Note:
            Hello to all, even though it's off topic ... and maybe not. I'm sorry if I violated the forum rules.

Comment

For the coming weekend, I send everyone a small but significant gift .... not to forget the beginnings and our childhood dreams.
              Note:
              Hello to all, even though it's off topic ... and maybe not. I'm sorry if I violated the forum rules.

Fun!! watch your fingers when starting

Comment

For the coming weekend, I send everyone a small but significant gift .... not to forget the beginnings and our childhood dreams.Note:Hello to all, even though it's off topic ... and maybe not. I'm sorry if I violated the forum rules.
                Jos, Sorry for the late reply, we've been moving 'the Daughter' to the State of Florida in the SE corner of the US. I remember those days, and a lot of band-aids on my fingertips. Best to you and yours from Tamms & me. Steve
                I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• @ Hi Steve , you are never late and you are always welcome. All the best to Tamms, you and your daughter in a new location.
                  Sincerely
                  Ella an me.

Comment

• Hi Jos! Sending you hugs from Texas! Remembering the old days... Jerry

Comment

• Hi Jerry, you are one of the trusted people ... nice to know you.

Comment

• Wow!!!! Thank you so much Brother!!! Have a great and blessed day!!! I really appreciate that!!!

Comment

• Doing a Tunisia scheme on mine.

Comment

• This has probably been asked in the previous 125 pages of this thread, but here goes...

How the heck did anyone get the flap pushrods to work? They're about a 1/2" too short to reach the ball link when in the servo arm. I've unscrewed the ball link attachment about as far as I can and still have it secure enough to hold but it still doesn't reach. The only option I can see is to move the servo arm from the centered position to pointed more towards the flap. But to do that means ripping the servo out so I can get to the servo arm screw. There's got to be a way I'm not seeing but I'm a little frustrated right now. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Comment

• What TX do you use bro? If it is a Spektrum, I can help a bit...
                              The servos center, but for the flaps, you have to enable the flap mode and then make the arm move to one extreme and set the flaps up from there... Jerry

Comment

• Another question, are the gear supposed to sequence seperately? One fully extends and when it's complete, the other extends. And the reverse when retracting. I thought I had a dead retract the first time I tried it

Comment

• the real spit had hydraulic gear. so they never came up together, sorta little of left then it stops then a little of right and it stops until they get up or down. I know I've herd a lot of grimacing about it, my blue box went bad so mine are on y harnesses so I don't know. its very likely they made them sequence. wait till you fly it (it will favor the lower gear, a little)
                                  Platt: fw190d9 Dynaflite:PT-19 IMP:Macchi202 ESM:fw190 ESM:Tank, Hien Jackson:DH-2 BH:macchi200 Extr:fw190 Holman:me109F H9spit2 FL:F4u,spit 9 FW:me262 GP:us60, Stuka, cub, F4u PZ:me109, albi EF Hurri, T-28 FMS: 2x fw190, me109 Lone Star:Skat Kat RSCombat:2xfw190d9

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                                    What TX do you use bro? If it is a Spektrum, I can help a bit...
                                    The servos center, but for the flaps, you have to enable the flap mode and then make the arm move to one extreme and set the flaps up from there... Jerry
                                    How do I set the servo arm to the full aft position so the pushrods reach? In the Flap Mode, am I setting the throw at a negative value for full up and less negative for partial and full flaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by paladin View Post
                                      the real spit had hydraulic gear. so they never came up together, sorta little of left then it stops then a little of right and it stops until they get up or down. I know I've herd a lot of grimacing about it, my blue box went bad so mine are on y harnesses so I don't know. its very likely they made them sequence. wait till you fly it (it will favor the lower gear, a little)
                                      Yeah, I knew the real Spit's gear was like that, in fact I kind of like it. It just surprised me when I tried the gear the first time and only 1 extended. I raised it right back up and tried it again. After the 2nd time when only 1 came down and I was sitting there wondering if I had both plugged in the blue box correctly, did the 2nd gear start down. After cycling it a few times I was wondering if it was intentional. I guess it is. Something to keep in mind, No such thing as throwing the gear down for a quick landing. Got to give it time to do it's thing.

Comment

• As I put my Spit together, it seems like one question after another keeps popping up. This time it's the lights. I'm assuming I have them plugged in backwards in the blue box since neither wingtip light is on. My question is the dorsal light. I don't see any wiring for it. How does it come on if it's not plugged into the blue box.

Sorry for these not very "bright" questions.

Comment

• Hi Guys
                                          I wanted to share my Spitfire taking off for our annual airshow. Most of us pilots do not get a great photo of their airplanes in the air.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3724.PNG
Views:	719
Size:	269.0 KB
ID:	211746

Comment

Working...
                                          X