X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TSHobbies View Post
    couldn't help myself...just snagged one of these in their sale!
    I know!!! So tempting to get a 3rd one for parts or backup. :/

Comment

• Got mine in today! Callies sendin the livery decals for me this week. figured since I built the 1/48 version...might as well do it right and fly it!
      www.TSHobbies.com
      Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Comment

• Looks great TS, and knowing Callie's work, it'll be sensational when you have the big version complete.

Grossman56
        Team Gross!

Comment

• Oh, BTW, the manual is rewirtten for the 1600 mm Spitty and submitted, they are just dragging their collective feet once again don't know what their problem is, but nothing I can do about it.

Grossman56
          Team Gross!

Comment

• Dan, are you talking about Motion RC? I'd like to get to the bottom of your comment.

Comment

• Just received my Spitfire and LOVE the looks of it . All the pics and videos , just don't do it justice. The paint and detail is absolutely incredible for a foam model.. Between this, the A4, F16 , and Avanti I feel like a little kid again , just starring at the planes when I'm not actually flying them ! So glad I pulled the trigger on this one before it disappeared from the sale page although had I seen one when it was 1st released , i wouldn't have waited. This is going to be a nice change/addition to the EDFs I already own

Couple of quick questions,

1-Is everyone flying with the manual call outs for

1-Rates
              2-Expo ( 30 % sound right ? )
              3-Flap/Elevator mixing ?
              4-Flap speed , 2 seconds ?
              5- C/G

2- I currently use and love Lemons Rx's and was elated to see Motion carry some of the models, B/C they truly are great RX's . I purchased one for this airplane , but realized that this one does not have the Adjustable gains on Aux3 like the LM0044's which the Admiral model clearly mimics in appearance . My questions on this one is to anyone at Motion that has flown this aircraft with the Admiral RX , what did you start with gain wise on the Elevator/ Aileron and when are you going to start carrying the Lemon PLUS Rx's with remote gain. I'm not complaining but this is something that is standard on the Lemon RX's , Why isn't it on the Admiral brand?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom.MotionRC View Post
                Dan, are you talking about Motion RC? I'd like to get to the bottom of your comment.
                Hi Tom, yes, I'm rewriting the Manuals for MotionRC. The 1600 mm Spitfire is complete and on the document cloud. Just got off the phone with James and we had a great talk. Up til now I've had a problem getting a timely response on what manuals to prioritize, so I've taken it upon myself to concentrate on the FlightLine RC and Freewing manuals. As such, I told James that I'd like to continue through the FlightLine RC/Freewing manuals with emphasis on the new models such as the Skyhawk and the British Hawk, which he was in favor of.
                Anyway, all seems fine now, he's having a meeting with Alpha tomorrow and hopefully it will be smooth sailing from here on. I really appreciate the chance to be involved, so thanks!

Dan Gross
                Team Gross!

Comment

• Hi Dan,

I knew you were doing that but I did not know you were having a problem. If you've been working with Alpha, he's been in China so that is why you can't get him. James is taking over the responsibility for the manuals so this will not be any issue going forward. Thanks Dan.

Comment

• Not a problem, and I appreciate your concern. After talking with James, I realize he's just getting his feet wet and I'm more than willing to work with him, besides, I have his phone number now;)

Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                      Not a problem, and I appreciate your concern. After talking with James, I realize he's just getting his feet wet and I'm more than willing to work with him, besides, I have his phone number now;)
                      Uh-oh, should I be scared? ;)

Comment

• Heck no James, the whole idea is for everyone to work together to keep this very special company exactly that.
                        Along time ago, I quoted the phrase,"Where would I be without MotionRC"
                        The friends and good times I have because of this hobby are some of the best things to happen to me and if I hadn't started dealing with Motion, they just would have happened. You know how cool it is to go to Nefi and see the boys and we all know each other on a first name basis??
                        I appreciate the company being the way it is and I love the fact that it is veteran owned, but above all, I love the fact that it rocked this industry.
                        Now, back to the Spitfire......

Grossman56
                        Team Gross!

Comment

• BTW, guys, the new and improved Spitfire manual is now on the web site.

Grossman56
                          Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Felixs10 View Post

2- I currently use and love Lemons Rx's and was elated to see Motion carry some of the models, B/C they truly are great RX's . I purchased one for this airplane , but realized that this one does not have the Adjustable gains on Aux3 like the LM0044's which the Admiral model clearly mimics in appearance . My questions on this one is to anyone at Motion that has flown this aircraft with the Admiral RX , what did you start with gain wise on the Elevator/ Aileron and when are you going to start carrying the Lemon PLUS Rx's with remote gain. I'm not complaining but this is something that is standard on the Lemon RX's , Why isn't it on the Admiral brand?
                            Hi Felix,

Motion RC worked with Lemon to create completely custom firmware for the Admiral stability plus gyro/receiver. There are also some small hardware changes. I did this to make the gyro extremely simple to setup and use. I also had the goal of making it extremely to use and fully functional if you have a 6 channel radio and 6 channel plane. After many months of testing and revisions, we have what I think is a fantastic gyro/receiver. I did remove the remote gain adjustment for simplicity. I felt the remote gain made setup too complex which was in direct conflict with my ultimate goal of simplicity. I'm debating about adding an advanced gyro/receiver to the Admiral line which will have remote gains as well as telemetry.

Comment

Hi Felix,

Motion RC worked with Lemon to create completely custom firmware for the Admiral stability plus gyro/receiver. There are also some small hardware changes. I did this to make the gyro extremely simple to setup and use. I also had the goal of making it extremely to use and fully functional if you have a 6 channel radio and 6 channel plane. After many months of testing and revisions, we have what I think is a fantastic gyro/receiver. I did remove the remote gain adjustment for simplicity. I felt the remote gain made setup too complex which was in direct conflict with my ultimate goal of simplicity. I'm debating about adding an advanced gyro/receiver to the Admiral line which will have remote gains as well as telemetry.
                              I believe that should be a no brainer decision Tom, especially with the telemetry aspect.;)
                              Warbird Charlie
                              HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

I believe that should be a no brainer decision Tom, especially with the telemetry aspect.;)
                                +1
                                I've been using the Lemon 7-channel Stabilized Receiver for a long time, and the remote gain on a knob is one of the features that I use a lot. In the Admiral stabilized RX, I love that Channel 5 is released back to the user for controlling servos. As I'm a warbirder, almost always flying retracts and flaps, I've always hated having to program around Channel 5 in the Stabilized Lemons.
                                ---
                                Warbirder

Comment

Hi Felix,

Motion RC worked with Lemon to create completely custom firmware for the Admiral stability plus gyro/receiver. There are also some small hardware changes. I did this to make the gyro extremely simple to setup and use. I also had the goal of making it extremely to use and fully functional if you have a 6 channel radio and 6 channel plane. After many months of testing and revisions, we have with what I think is a fantastic gyro/receiver. I did remove the remote gain adjustment for simplicity. I felt the remote gain made setup too complex which was in direct conflict with my ultimate goal of simplicity. I'm debating about adding an advanced gyro/receiver to the Admiral like which will have remote gains as well as telemetry.
                                  Thanks so much for the reply Tom . I agree it is very simple to use the RX with the Admiral proprietary software, I will find a home for this RX , but the remote gain is such a great feature I use often . I would love to see it in a future RX from Motion . Your support and speed of delivery has me buying from you before others. Also if you are going to import a Tele, RX please include a speed sensor , altimeter, and a real time voltmeter as options . I'm in on the telemetry !!!!

Comment

• ok then. I'll start working with Lemon on an advanced gyro/receiver with remove gain and telemetry.

Felix, to be clear, are you also looking for a receiver with telemetry but without a gyro? If so, how many channels?

Comment

ok then. I'll start working with Lemon on an advanced gyro/receiver with remove gain and telemetry.

Felix, to be clear, are you also looking for a receiver with telemetry but without a gyro? If so, how many channels?
                                      Hi Tom ,

If I was looking for a wish list it would be

1- A real seven channel RX ( all seven channels usable without turning off the gyro function) . Panic recovery is not so important to me but brakes are. We have a short runway.
                                      2-Remote gain

Telemetry would be nice to have but not as important as the 2 features above , But my wishes for telemetry are

1-Speed sensor
                                      2-Altimeter
                                      3-Battery voltage ( not voltage at the BEC )

To be clear ( sorry if I wasn't on my original post ) Telemetry is something I would like to play with , but not as important as a real 7 channel RX with remote gains

Thanks Felix ..

Comment

• I really want a DSMX 7-channel stabilized receiver with these features:
                                        1. remote ON/OFF of gyro, in one of the AUX registers.
                                        2. remote gain control
                                        3. telemetry, especially main battery voltage.

I would also like to have these features in a DSMX 10-channel RX as well.
                                        ---
                                        Warbirder

Comment

ok then. I'll start working with Lemon on an advanced gyro/receiver with remove gain and telemetry.

I've been using the Lemon 7 chan with diversity antennae and telemetry. A good all around reciever. If they were Admiral, that would be great. If it had a gyro, OK.

Comment

Working...
                                          X