X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
    I love history, seeing this is great stuff!
    Me too, nice stuff fellas. Good luck with the field bob. ;)

Comment

• Ole-Timer, thank you for working hard to establish your second flying site. I know working with Parks and Rec can sometimes be a long battle, but I also know that many generations of RC flyers stand to benefit from your efforts!
      Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• How you goin alpha? Not seen you for a while... all good mate?

Comment

• I sure love the history myself. Pretty amazing stuff what those guys did. It’s always been an inspiration to me.

Im fortunate to be well connected in my area. My other hobby has been whitewater kayaking and canoeing. That started when I learned to fly back in 1985 as I was seeing all these great rapids in our area I never knew existed... Anyway, my hands on knowledge was tapped by a local conservation group of which I’ve been a board member for some time now. They taught me how to connect and with whom to connect. Amazingly in that mix I had been contacted by a young engineer many years back and helped him as an advisor on several waterway issues. He is now vice-president of that corporation and is the guy that has done all the planning for our local parks in the entire multi county area. I was also in contact with parts n rec at this point. As I knew there was still time to make changes to the master site plan, I went directly to him first and layed out the necessary changes required. They had their final meeting then I meet with them all at the park a month later... Once they agreed I rewrote section three of the county plan to reflect the activities on site and that was approved by the solicitor.

It’s definitly who ya know in life!

Comment

• Great Canadian :George Beurling

Comment

• Originally posted by MesRcPilot View Post
              Great Canadian :George Beurling
              I choose to honor George "Buzz" Beurling on my spitfire. As controversial as he was a hero.

Jeff

Comment

• A number of years ago, I picked up a book called,"HERO:The Buzz Beurling Story because, quite frankly there wasn't a lot of RCAF contributions to WW II in written form. This guys is simply fascinating!!
                If anyone was meant to be attached to the controls of a Spitfire, he was. No fear and not a lot of emotion. His actual nickname was "Screwball" as he had been kicked out of many different RAF Squadrons until they didn't know what to do with him, so they sent him to Malta..........
                The man became the hero of Malta and the story tells you why.
                Great read if you can find it.

Grossman56
                Team Gross!

Comment

• I have thoroughly enjoyed my Mk IX Spitfire since we got some very bad flap servos replaced. They were mysteriously self-commanding raising a flap, sometimes both, at very inopportune times! Almost caused a crash on the maiden flight. Motion worked hard with me and a few others who had this problem and we determined the problem was due to both flap servos being bad. Now it is a great flier.

I chose to replicate an airplane flown by Lt. Witold "Lanny" Lanowski of the Polish Air Force. When Poland fell to the Nazis, Lanny and several other pilots made it to England and were attached to the RAF in a special Polish squadron. Several of these pilots, including Lanny, were eventually moved into the 56th FG Wolfpack of the USAAF and flew many missions in the 61st Fighter Squadron under the command of Maj. Gabby Gabreski. Lanny's son lives in England, and I decided to make this airplane in the colors of one of his dad's planes.

Comment

• Great job Dave and a nice tip of the hat to Lanny and his family

Grossman56
                    Team Gross!

Comment

• Great stuff fellas. I just watched a doco on George only a couple of nights ago!

Comment

• Originally posted by CDN_Iceman View Post

I choose to honor George "Buzz" Beurling on my spitfire. As controversial as he was a hero.

Jeff
                        Very nice of you Mr. Iceman ... War is a controversy in itself, so it is unnecessary to mention it. I was born near Malta and thank God for having people like Buzz.
                        Also... everything connected with Spitfires is sacred to me. Thank you for your time.

Comment

• Seems that while we were building our FlightLine R/C Spitfires, a group up in Canada were busy with this one, magnificent!!
                          First flight of the "Roseland" Spitfire at Vintage Wings of Canada, with John Aitken at the controls

Last flight was a year before I was born, talk about a time capsule! And started over in Comox on Vancouver Island, not all that far from where I used to live!

Too Cool!!

Grossman56
                          Team Gross!

Comment

• Beautiful!!! I know what the pucker factor was when I first flew my Spitfire (also my first warbird) this past July. Can't imagine what was going through that pilot's mind. I noticed that he never raised the gear. Is that typical for a first test flight?

Comment

• What is even cooler then the video. I was in the hanger where the Roseland Spitfire is stored. While we all got our pictures taken in the other spitfire we got to look inside the Y2K plane. Myself and a few other spitfire enthusiast signed up a a Spitfire ground school course.

http://www.vintagewings.ca/VintageNe...re-Update.aspx

This made my day

Jeff

Comment

• Typical first flight test is to get it back on the ground, so it's not unusual for the gear to stay down.
                                A Sptty ground school course is too cool!!

Grossman56
                                Team Gross!

Comment

• Not only did they leave the gear down, but the flaps too. I guess they only wanted a quick once around the pattern and back down with no chance of anything going sideways.

Comment

• Here is a link to the video of my Spitfire with the new sound system: https://youtu.be/xCP6ViS3SEw

Comment

• Nice mate. Just FYI, if you use the link button when posting (one that looks like a paper clip in the top left), you can post your videos direct on this site. Spitty looks great. :)

Comment

• Gentlemen, I arrived home (early) from work today to happily find a box of Spitfire! I'm amazed as I ordered it Sun. night- big thanks to Motion for shipping so quickly, not to mention the U.S. and Canadian postal people. "Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus". :Cool::Cool:
                                        Flying here is done so I have all winter to work on the Spit and am planning on a full cockpit with opening side door, full body pilot, sliding canopy (hopefully servo operated), weathering. etc.
                                        Tallyho chaps, and Merry Christmas to all!
                                        Tom

Comment

• Dear Tom, it is nice to hear such an optimistic attitude ,I envy you on the challenges that will bring works on the magnificent Spitfire...and of course ..Merry Christmas to you and your family ;)

Comment

Working...
                                          X