Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am aware that the main wheel axle dia is 5.1mm. Need to know what the length is in mm. :Thinking:
    Warbird Charlie
    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• 27mm for the width of the current stock rim.
      38mm total axle length.

Click image for larger version

Name:	C0FF1349-D119-4433-8274-19E1D3D6C2F3.jpeg
Views:	584
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	125010

Comment

• Originally posted by Ole-Timer View Post
        27mm for the width of the current stock rim.
        38mm total axle length.
        Perfect.............Thanx OT :)
        Warbird Charlie
        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by BrandonTW82 View Post
          Had anyone color matched the green and gray stock camo? Really having trouble with the green gor 5ouch up spots.
          I color matched my paint at Home Depot. I took the battery cover and the radiator intake in and had now issues.

Jeff

Comment

• Sometimes, the color match is bad. But, for just $3 more, you can try again. LOL
            ---
            Warbirder

Comment

• Also, you can take a couple of ounces out of the can and do some color adjusting to get it just right.
              I did that with the P-40 by taking the green from the E-Flite Spitfire and playing around with some craft paints from Wally World to get it correct. Once I was done with the green, I added red to it and then lightened it with white to get the brown color.

Name:	IMG_6745_0003.JPG
Views:	337
Size:	148.2 KB
ID:	125945Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6753_0011.JPG
Views:	342
Size:	120.4 KB
ID:	125946

Also just finished doing some touch ups on the Bearcat. Took a true blue or flag blue and darkened it to the correct hue, then added a bit of yellow to lighten it up to the correct color. The theory in a nut shell is starting with a primary color (The three primary colors are red yellow and blue) in this case, blue and asking myself, is this a redish blue or a yellowish blue? Redish would mean it leans toward being purple (red and blue mix) or green (yellow and blue mix ) when I held a swatch of the straight color up to the bearcat, you could see it was obviously redder than the airplane, so by mixing in a bit of yellow, it lightened and pulled it back toward a neutral blue, by using more yellow it would start to lean toward green and eventually become green.

It's lots of fun playing around with once you get into it.

Grossman56
              Team Gross!

Comment

• Cool
                Still Learning:D

Comment

• Skipper's in the Air !!
                  Beautiful day in Wy. so it was maiden day! She flew amazingly well. Tried the 5000 all the way forward for the first flight and after some minor trimming she did well, (so did the pilot) Next flight was with the 4500 and the third with the 4000. The battery I thought was best was the 4500, so I'll stick with that, have 2 more coming in a week or so. Yep the wife was there and going camera crazy, here's the edited down version of the pics......
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2118.JPG Views:	1 Size:	96.4 KB ID:	126406Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2120.JPG Views:	1 Size:	125.4 KB ID:	126407Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2150.JPG Views:	1 Size:	40.2 KB ID:	126408Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2151.JPG Views:	1 Size:	38.9 KB ID:	126409Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2157.JPG Views:	1 Size:	39.8 KB ID:	126410Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2158.JPG Views:	1 Size:	39.8 KB ID:	126411Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2163.JPG Views:	1 Size:	32.1 KB ID:	126412Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2164.JPG Views:	1 Size:	42.6 KB ID:	126413Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2174.JPG Views:	1 Size:	101.1 KB ID:	126414Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2173.JPG Views:	1 Size:	88.1 KB ID:	126415Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2175.JPG Views:	1 Size:	111.0 KB ID:	126416Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2176.JPG Views:	1 Size:	74.0 KB ID:	126417Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2188.JPG Views:	3 Size:	31.0 KB ID:	126418Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2188.JPG Views:	3 Size:	31.0 KB ID:	126424Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2189.JPG Views:	1 Size:	53.2 KB ID:	126419Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2196.JPG Views:	1 Size:	40.3 KB ID:	126420Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2201.JPG Views:	1 Size:	83.0 KB ID:	126421Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2202.JPG Views:	1 Size:	35.3 KB ID:	126422Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2203.JPG Views:	1 Size:	52.3 KB ID:	126423Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2188.JPG Views:	3 Size:	31.0 KB ID:	126425

She looked amazing, the pics could have been cuts from the movie....

Grossman56
                  Team Gross!

Comment

• The beautiful landscape, the impressive Spit, also a useful tarmac runway, and finally your fantastic avatar, noticed tonight with my favorite actor Lee Marvin in the movie "Paint Your Wagon" from 1969...I'm old man...lol...Appreciate Mr. Grossman.:Cool:

Comment

• Way to go, Man, congratulations! I'm really glad it went so well. That landscape is something else too- great photographs. :Cool:
                      Tom

Comment

• Thanks guys, the wife is a pro when it comes to that camera. She probably took 50 pictures. She did the thousand some odd pics at Nefi last year as well.
                        That's Hart mountain in the background, better known as the Sleeping Indian. Coming back rom Billings, you can see it about an hour away, we always know we're just about home.
                        That's my third Flightline airplane and man, I'm sold!
                        Two of my favorite movies, Paint Your Wagon and Cat Ballou, with Lee Marvin.

Grossman56
                        Team Gross!

Comment

• Grats mate. Looks awesome. Thank your wife for me lol ;)

i dont know how long it's been, but I ordered mine in the first batch and today I'm finally opening the box and starting the build.... (pretty poor I know). From memory, it was just watch the spinner prop assembly fits snug and seats properly, was there anything else in the build to look out for? Cheers.

Comment

• Now tell me that 1600 Spitty don't fly way better than your 1200 did. ;)
                            The Great Karnac see's Gman selling off the smaller birds to make room for the larger scale fleet in the near future
                            Diane ALWAYS does a great job of capturing the shots.:Cool: Sure am gonna miss you two @ NEFI this year. :(
                            Warbird Charlie

Comment

• Want Big Birds!:P
                              Love Big Birds!:Love:
                              Need Big Birds!!:Crying2:
                              Big Birds come in Big Packages:Gift:
                              How to hide them from the Wife!!:Confused:

Grossman56

Name:	spit.png
Views:	538
Size:	1.8 KB
ID:	126606Click image for larger version

Views:	519
ID:	126607Click image for larger version

Views:	538
ID:	126608

Team Gross!

Comment

• I picked this bird up. Havent assembled yet with all the snow. Any bad flight characteristics one should be aware of with this one? Ellipticals always freak me out.
                                AMA 1102566

Comment

• Originally posted by AkumaZeto View Post
                                  I picked this bird up. Havent assembled yet with all the snow. Any bad flight characteristics one should be aware of with this one? Ellipticals always freak me out.
                                  No. It's a very solid flyer and handles very well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beeg View Post

No. It's a very solid flyer and handles very well.
                                    Good. Even in the shipping box it pretty light.
                                    AMA 1102566

Comment

• The only thing I would caution is to not let it nose over during takeoff. When you give it power on takeoff the tail comes up pretty quick so don't let it smack that nice four blade prop..

Comment

• Keep your back elevator in a bit while taking off.
                                        She has that typical narrow gear thing where she wants to pull left after landing and dance on her wing tips, thankfully Alpha put plastic tip panels on there just for me!!

Grossman56
                                        Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Beeg View Post
                                          The only thing I would caution is to not let it nose over during takeoff. When you give it power on takeoff the tail comes up pretty quick so don't let it smack that nice four blade prop..
                                          Like Grossman said on takeoff. I did catch mine starting to nose over also gave a little up elevator brought the nose back up took off like a champ Spits have a thing for that so i was watching out for that the day of her maiden. since Bajora was taking pics of her that day.:Whew: Goose

Comment

Working...
                                          X