Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official FlightLine RC 1600mm Spitfire Mk. IX Thread

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lol he with the fastest connection wins! LOL

Comment

• https://www.motionrc.com/products/fl...up-cockpit-set :Confused:

Comment

• Spitfire Mk.IX 3D Printed Clipped Wing Kit, (3DPUP) from Freewing - FLW30310911 For those who want to add even more detail to their FlightLine RC Spitfire Mk.IX this custom 3D printed plastic part set would be a great replacement from the stock parts. Just add paint and weathering for ultimate realism! Adding this kit

Comment

• Hey Ya'll, For those of you waiting for and/or looking for the Spittie Cockpit 3DP parts and Spittie Plastic 3DP parts, I received an email notice from MotionRC these are ready for pre-order. Best, LB
          I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
          ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• maiden went well, what a beautiful plane.

Comment

• Originally posted by MesRcPilot View Post
              Maybe i'm a bit arrogant but, RC -pilots flying with such Spitfire,do not need any expo ... because they must have at least little more than moderately flying capabilities;)
              There is another reason to use expo...even if you are arrogant. Rotary servos are non-linear....the first little bit of transmitter stick movement causes the control surface to move much more than the last little bit of stick movement....in effect this is reverse expo. Adding 30% expo at the transmitter makes the control surface movement linear so that each increment of stick movement is matched by the same increment of control surface movement.

Comment

• Hey Y'all, Q: Did someone make a post or thread here for a "Clipped Wing" mod for this Spitfire? If so, could someone direct me there? Help Me, as I've slept since I last saw it. Best, LB
                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by radfordc View Post

There is another reason to use expo...even if you are arrogant. Rotary servos are non-linear....the first little bit of transmitter stick movement causes the control surface to move much more than the last little bit of stick movement....in effect this is reverse expo. Adding 30% expo at the transmitter makes the control surface movement linear so that each increment of stick movement is matched by the same increment of control surface movement.
                  Hello ,Radfordc ,of course I agree with the above, but you know what I wanted to say. Also me thinks you don't not use expo ...;)...thanks for your time.

Comment

• When I had my old sportster futaba 4ch radio I didnt have expo or any option for it. Then I went to their 6ch, didnt know what expo was so stayed away from it as well as rates. So my first 4 or 5 years had been unassisted by any means. Now I love my planes too much not to fly without expo. And mine are all set 45% all the way around rather it needs it or not.

Comment

• I see the 3d parts are available on Motions site and they changed description. Looks like they will no longer be available as a download for us guys with printers. Oh well. Guess Ill have to bust out my spare fuse and start measuring.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post
                        Hey Y'all, Q: Did someone make a post or thread here for a "Clipped Wing" mod for this Spitfire? If so, could someone direct me there? Help Me, as I've slept since I last saw it. Best, LB
                        I can't find the thread. But I do have the parts!!! They came in today from MRC... FLW30310911 Clipped Wing Conversion Kit 1.6m Spitfire. :Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post

I can't find the thread. But I do have the parts!!! They came in today from MRC... FLW30310911 Clipped Wing Conversion Kit 1.6m Spitfire. :Cool:
                          HRDWY, Get out...I looked on their site first! :Loser:Thank you. I will check back in using the part number you've given. Best, LB

Okay Hrdwy, I am the most unobservant buyer I know. I have already ordered these parts which are due here tomorrow. There are no pictures, so I just ordered everything that was available. Go Figure. Again, thank you. Best, LB
                          Last edited by Elbee; Aug 8, 2018, 11:58 AM. Reason: Added my epiphany !!! LOL
                          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Me too!!! That is why I was surprised to find the clipped wing stuff in my box from MRC!!! LOL I figured for 17.00 bucks, why the hell not???? Picture or not....LOL
                            The cockpit kit is very nice too!! :Cool:

Comment

• Also got the 3D stuff for the Mirage 2000. I have it in the box, but the cockpit kit and the nozzle are very nice too!!!

Comment

Me too!!! That is why I was surprised to find the clipped wing stuff in my box from MRC!!! LOL I figured for 17.00 bucks, why the hell not???? Picture or not....LOL
                                The cockpit kit is very nice too!! :Cool:
                                Hardway, Now I need to buy the aircraft! Heehee. Had to convince myself to build the Phantom over the winter as I want to add a bunch detail. So since I don't have a 1/10th scale B-17, I'll build a Spitfire variant to satisfy my building withdrawal. Ah, retirement, it is both a blessing and a curse. Best, LB
                                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• The B-17 is kicking my butt... I need to retire from modeling and just go straight to the pool and the margaritas!!! :P:Drinks:

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

Hardway, Now I need to buy the aircraft! Heehee. Had to convince myself to build the Phantom over the winter as I want to add a bunch detail. So since I don't have a 1/10th scale B-17, I'll build a Spitfire variant to satisfy my building withdrawal. Ah, retirement, it is both a blessing and a curse. Best, LB
                                    As for the F-4, you should find a guy who has seen one up-close and personal... Would be a great resource..... I know a guy...……..:Silly::Cool:

Comment

As for the F-4, you should find a guy who has seen one up-close and personal... Would be a great resource..... I know a guy...……..:Silly::Cool:
                                      Hrdwy, I pretty certain I know the same guy.LOLBest, LB
                                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Here is what I have for pictures...

Comment

Here is what I have for pictures...
                                          H, Perfect. MotionRC thought they'd post pictures on Monday the 6th, so thank you. Best, LB
                                          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Working...
                                          X