Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mine broke at the pivot point, out with the Testors model glue and glued it back together again. One of the FMS Mustangs did the same. I glued it back together again and it was good for a while, finally broke down and bought new struts with tires as they were worn out as well. I agree that there are certain parts that almost seem to be made to break, for instance, the plastic pins that secure the retract doors to the wings of the Freewing and FMS P-51s. A 3D printed gear door would be great, or at least the option of buying just a set of gear doors. With the Freewing its 8+$ when that little pin breaks.

Grossman56
    Team Gross!

Comment

• BTW, anyone need clam shell doors or rear retract doors for the Freewing P-51, PM me, I have a lot!

Grossman56
      Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
        Hi CDN_Iceman, sorry to hear about that issue. Unfortunately, that small part isn't available as a separately purchasable spare part; frankly this is the first I've seen it requested in the world. I suppose there are two feasible options, neither super easy but both at least possible.

The first option would be free from us, which is always nice :) I could send you an .STL file of that linkage for you to 3D print yourself or have 3Dprinted locally. It's a small plastic cosmetic non-load-bearing part, which is an ideal candidate for 3DP. I'd be happy to convert and send the necessary file to you. I did the same process for Stuart the other week when he lost his Spitfire's stock plastic cannon. Quick and easy!

The second option doesn't require a printer, but would require patience: You could contact our tech support team at www.motionrc.com/support and ask them to enter this part in their New Parts Request form. From there, the request would be sent to the factory and they'd take the necessary time to evaluate, issue a new part number and price, advise a production time, then we'd order it (and a bunch of others since we can't order just one of something on a mass production line), then they'd ship it to us, whereafter we'd be able to sell it and ship it to you.

Fingers crossed you have access to a 3D printer... otherwise, contact the tech support guys and they'll do their best to get your request into the process.

Clear skies,
        Alpha
        Alpha..........can't believe you forgot your Freewing roots with the P-51 oleo scissor link.:Confused:
        Oh, I know.........you've been pretty focused on EDF's lately LOL
        I have used these Scissor links on FW and non FW struts.:Cool:
        Give these a go Iceman ;)
        https://www.motionrc.com/products/fr...ear-damper-set

Now get reacquainted with us prop boys and release that darn :ov10 soon Alpha:)

Warbird Charlie
        Warbird Charlie
        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• There you go!
          As for the EDF's:Yawn::Yawn::Yawn:
          Props are tops!!

Grossman56
          Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
            Hi CDN_Iceman, sorry to hear about that issue. The first option would be free from us, which is always nice :) I could send you an STL file of that linkage for you to 3D print yourself or have 3Dprinted locally. Clear skies, Alpha
            Alpha, I would be willing to print the part for CDN-i and send it, gratis. Best, LB

ps: Just caught the rest of the thread, looks as if CDN-i has a solution. Would still like the STL file if it becomes available. Best some more, LB
            Last edited by Elbee; Sep 22, 2018, 03:09 PM. Reason: didn't read through the rest of the thread. Oops...
            I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
            ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

•  

Comment

• Ha.... still can't afford one!! LOL AWESOME SHARE!
                Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Todays flight https://youtu.be/monMLa4Jw6I

Comment

• Looking good, JazzmanB!
                    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Very smooth Jazzman! I even think I heard a merlin engine in the background! Rob:Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by RCAV8R View Post
                        Very smooth Jazzman! I even think I heard a merlin engine in the background! Rob:Cool:
                        Haha two whistles in the wing are awesome in the spit. There are two holes in bottom of wing and they fit snugly in with no glue:) They sound so good. Not overdone but just add to the sound and has that p51/spit sound in dives. :)

Comment

• Nice job JazzmanB. No I need to put my sound card in my plane. I am looking to fly my spit this week end at a local war bird end. After no power for 96 hours and my home missing 3 tornado's its time to get outside

Comment

• Man. I hope you get some great flying this weekend after going through the crazy storms;)!!

Comment

• @Hi fieldofdreamsflyer thanks for sharing , there are planes that do not support a replication. Let's see the man (Mr.Ivan Cambell) really struggled but the result is not very impressive .... sorry :Straight-Face:

Comment

• Beautiful fall morning flying my Spit! My fourth day, flights 21-27. What a blast! There was another Spitfire at the field...a gasser. It really impressed me (and the pilot of the other plane) just what an amazing model the FL Spitfire is. No comparison! I had so much fun just imagining myself in the cockpit, doing rolls, figure eights, loops, high speed low passes..going wherever I felt like. This is an amazing bird! Rob :)

Comment

• Originally posted by JazzmanB View Post

Haha two whistles in the wing are awesome in the spit. There are two holes in bottom of wing and they fit snugly in with no glue:) They sound so good. Not overdone but just add to the sound and has that p51/spit sound in dives. :)
                                  What kind of whistles?

Rob, I'm glad you're enjoying your Spitfire. I flew mine earlier this morning and it reminded me how relaxing it is to fly.
                                  Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Amen brother! Rob

Comment

• Hey Ya'll, Just posting a few cockpit shots of my Spit. Sorry for the sideways pics, can't seem to get those to display horizontally in the post. I have not had much time to work on her, but every little bit is progress. I can/will post STL. files of the added bits if anyone is interested. Really simple designs, but add to the MotionRC cockpit kit I think, (O2 Tank, Headrest, Throttle, Flight Control, Harness Link, Modified Aft Former). I am eager to fly this airframe! On a side note, A-10 suffered some wingtip and nose/main gear damage. It was Flight 13 obviously if you believe in that sort of thing. Parts are here, so onward. Also, for you Spittie history fans, I am reading a book titled "Enemy in the Sky" by Air Vice-Marshal Sandy Johnstone. It is his diary/notes from his time in the 602 Squadron (City of Glasgow) before, during and after the Battle of Britain. Good read, pick it up where available. LOL. Best, LB
                                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Nice detail Elbee...I've been there with the A-10 learning curve, but it got a lot better after I pushed the batteries forward per Pilot Ryan's advice! Now it is more predictable and "sticks" the NG on landing!

I've read "With Wings Like Eagles", by Michael Korda, and "Spitfire!", by Brian Lane (a squadron leader). Fascinating to learn all that led to the Battle of Britain and it's execution! Tally Ho! Rob

Comment

• Originally posted by RCAV8R View Post
                                          Nice detail Elbee...I've been there with the A-10 learning curve, but it got a lot better after I pushed the batteries forward per Pilot Ryan's advice! Know it is more predictable and "sticks" the NG on landing! I've read "With Wings Like Eagles", by Michael Korda, and "Spitfire!", by Brian Lane (a squadron leader). Fascinating to learn all that led to the Battle of Britain and it's execution! Tally Ho! Rob
                                          RCAV8R,
                                          Thanks for the compliment. I have also read "Spitfire" and I'll look for Korga.
                                          As for the A-10, just too low and too slow. LOL.
                                          Definitely the pilot's error.
                                          The perfect CG on her is still a mystery to me.
                                          Plan is to push it forward as you suggested.
                                          I love how smooth it is otherwise.
                                          Best, LB
                                          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Working...
                                          X