X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

H, Perfect. MotionRC thought they'd post pictures on Monday the 6th, so thank you. Best, LB
    Just FYI, the interior color that I used for the Spitfire is RAF Interior Green. By Model Master. I prefer enamel for the plastic parts, but this will work too... https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...ent=NB_Desktop

Comment

• i love the 3d printed cockpit, but I can't paint small detail for crap. I would be willing to pay for a skilled painter to paint me one up?

Comment

• Originally posted by axerhand1976 View Post
        i love the 3d printed cockpit, but I can't paint small detail for crap. I would be willing to pay for a skilled painter to paint me one up?
        https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/th...inting-service, He will take care of you. :Cool:
        AMA 424553

Comment

• Originally posted by axerhand1976 View Post
          i love the 3d printed cockpit, but I can't paint small detail for crap. I would be willing to pay for a skilled painter to paint me one up?
          Just buy it. The time it takes to print with good detail will cost the same as buying set of parts from motion. I am printing right now at .08 layer height with a .25 nozzle and it takes awhile but worth it. This is right off printer no sanding or cleanup. Only had orange but will paint it.
          On another note, what are you guys that are going to do the cockpit mod doing for guages? paer behind it? maybe epoxy for glass?

Comment

• You could pick a picture from here and scale it down I suppose.....
            Intelligent search from Bing makes it easier to quickly find what you’re looking for and rewards you.

Grossman56
            Team Gross!

Comment

• well I found some1 to paint mine, but will motion rc or someone do a assembly and install guide on it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                You could pick a picture from here and scale it down I suppose.....
                Intelligent search from Bing makes it easier to quickly find what you’re looking for and rewards you.

Grossman56
                Thanks

Comment

• Installing my Clipped wings!! Like a GLOVE!! Well done boys! Off to grab some computer matched paint!
                  Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Originally posted by e4dragongunner View Post
                    Installing my Clipped wings!
                    E4Dragongunner, Bravo Zulu. Best, LB
                    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post

Just FYI, the interior color that I used for the Spitfire is RAF Interior Green. By Model Master. I prefer enamel for the plastic parts, but this will work too... https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...ent=NB_Desktop
                      Hardway, Ordered the Flightline RC 1600mm Spittie this morning as I tried flying the cockpit kit and plastic parts last night and kept she whose authority exceeds my rank awake making aircraft noises. Looking forward to this build and flying this airframe. Best, LB
                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Hardway, Ordered the Flightline RC 1600mm Spittie this morning as I tried flying the cockpit kit and plastic parts last night and kept she whose authority exceeds my rank awake making aircraft noises. Looking forward to this build and flying this airframe. Best, LB
                        Funny how they complain over the silly little things... Congrats!! I ordered the graphics from Callie so I didn't have t deal with the water slide stuff...

Comment

• You know, it would be cool if someone could 3D print the original wingtips. I have the hardest time keeping off the tips when landing and as a result they are pitted a bit. It would be so nice to simply pull off the old and install the new, any chance??

Grossman56
                          Team Gross!

Comment

• The Spitty has become a winter project as I had a botched take off attempt. Minor damage, broken prop and some small dents. She dropped the left wing and no amount of corrective aileron would lift her. So, time to get the 3D cockpit and eliminate the blue box, also get a new gyro for her, this way I've eliminated everything but pilot error which I plan to work on for the rest of the season!!

Grossman56
                            Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rcfiddy1 View Post
                              Just buy it. The time it takes to print with good detail will cost the same as buying set of parts from motion. I am printing right now at .08 layer height with a .25 nozzle and it takes awhile but worth it. This is right off printer no sanding or cleanup. Only had orange but will paint it.
                              On another note, what are you guys that are going to do the cockpit mod doing for guages? paer behind it? maybe epoxy for glass?
                              You might want to look at the gauges from I Fly Tally. He has them in stock panels with gauges installed or you can buy the individual gauges of different sizes. If you drill out the right size hole or if it is pre-drilled and get the right gauges, they just slip in with a flange on the back side to hold it in place as you epoxy the back side. I built out a panel for a 60" Slick 580 and my Beast 60E with his gauges, used some .060 styrene and sandwiched the panels and it worked great for me. I ended up using the 3D printed cockpit on my 2 B-24's and hand painted them with a toothpick-what a pain that was, but the gauges were too small for what I Fly Tally has.
                              Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                              Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                                You know, it would be cool if someone could 3D print the original wingtips. I have the hardest time keeping off the tips when landing and as a result they are pitted a bit. It would be so nice to simply pull off the old and install the new, any chance??Grossman56
                                G56, Ya gotta hate it when you pit your tip. Though seriously, how big are your tips, i.e., are we speaking in terms of latitude, longitude, fore, aft, port, starboard, LE, TE, depth? I need answers here, just how big would you like your tip to be? :Thinking: Best Always, LB
                                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

G56, Ya gotta hate it when you pit your tip. Though seriously, how big are your tips, i.e., are we speaking in terms of latitude, longitude, fore, aft, port, starboard, LE, TE, depth? I need answers here, just how big would you like your tip to be? :Thinking: Best Always, LB
                                  :Silly::Silly::Scared:

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                                    :Silly::Silly::Scared:
                                    Hrdwy, Now just what are thinking, sir. I have a 3D Printer and I am offering to assist Grossman56 since he doesn't need replacement parts until winter. You should be ashamed of yourself.LOL
                                    Best as always to all, LB
                                    ps: Off topic, well duh... speaking of winter projects, I just got my graphics from Callie for the F-4. Too Cool for School.
                                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• ;):)

Comment

• Hey Guys...my Spit is en route! What is the scale for purposes of ordering Callie graphics please? Rob

Comment

• Maidened the clipped wing Today!! AWESOME!!!
                                          Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

Working...
                                          X