Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Even with the small errors great video

Comment

• There's a good one with those boys in the Lancaster too, jolly good show ;)

Comment

• Yes! Seen both! And they are both great

Comment

• Finished up the cockpit today and I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. Tried as I might though, there was just not enough depth available to keep the pilots legs so he's gone at the waist. The problem is the rudder and elevator tubes prevent the floor from being lowered any further, though it is now 20 mm lower than stock. The upside of him being half the man he was is he's also now half the weight (2 oz.) and that includes the servo operated head option that Warbirdpilots.com offers, so that's OK.
          All in all a fun project and now onto the rest of the airplane- I haven't even brought it to life electrically yet!
          Tom

Comment

• Very nice Pogo it looks like the real thing!!

Comment

• Very nice detail.
              TiredIron Aviation
              Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Boomer and Tirediron, thank you for the kind words!
                Tom

Comment

• Is this one of your guys favorite planes or are there others you own that you would of chosen over this?

Comment

• Picking a favorite plane is a highly subjective and personal thing.

I have a friend that hates all warbirds and trainers. He only likes Pattern competition style models. If it does not track like a Pattern model, he hates it. Mustangs sometimes can come close, but don't make it. The Spitfire generally doesn't quite track as well as the Mustang. I let him fly my Dynam Spitfire (which does well with 3S 3000 ... biggest I can get in it) and while he likes it better than most warbirds, its never going to be one he would buy.

Other people only like 3D capable models and obviously the warbirds are WAY OUT. for them.

I like flying everything and learning the differences in performance, then tweaking looking for the absolute max performance possible in aerobatics and airspeed (minimum and maximum) My "go to" plane until it ejected the battery and was shredded in a tree was the Dynam Me-262 because with the mods I did, it had good aerobatics and a wide speed range (but really lost speed in tight turns) I still go back to the Tiger Moth, PZ Radian, ultra-micros, 50cc low wing Stick and everything in between.... Usually flying 4 to 8 different planes any trip to the flying field.

Inverted aerobatics with a PZ Radian (3 ch version, no mods) is entertaining. (especially doing stuff that the other guys at the field say a 3 ch sailplane can't do)
                    FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• Looks fantastic, now I'm looking at mine.............
                      I like the idea of the wiper blades for canopy slides, how did you cut the canopy so evenly??

Grossman56
                      Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                        Looks fantastic, now I'm looking at mine.............
                        I like the idea of the wiper blades for canopy slides, how did you cut the canopy so evenly??

Grossman56
                        Thanks! Here's a pic from the A-10 project, as well as a Hangar 9 Corsair and the FW Venom. Go slow with the saw and you'll be fine. I glue in a strip of styrene along the (inside) cut edges of these canopy's to give them some visual thickness and additional stiffness, using foam safe CA so the clear areas won't fog. If the cut line needs some fixing Bondo or whatever can be applied to clean it up, the plastic strip giving a nice straight edge, if that makes sense.
                        Your Mk. 1 is excellent, BTW. :Cool:
                        Tom

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	122.3 KB
ID:	115285 Just finished with build earlier tonight what a dream to build. Decals on this evevning! Maiden this Sun.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Just finished my Spitfire.
                            Has not flown yet but will soon.

Comment

• Very awesome guys!

Comment

Name:	
Size:	104.2 KB
ID:	115374 Looking more awesome almost there.
                                Attached Files

Comment

• Looks great Goose, must be nice to have some decent weather on the horizon, mine will have to wait until better conditions.

Grossman56
                                  Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                                    Looks great Goose, must be nice to have some decent weather on the horizon, mine will have to wait until better conditions.

Grossman56
                                    Hoping for warmer weather soon for all!

Comment

• Lookin' good Goosey! I have yet to see one of these fly in person. Maybe yours will be the first? Heck, I can even maiden it for you if you'd like! :P

Comment

• Bajora, Be at the JR High school Sun. morning on Snyder Ln. RP Justin K. will be doing the maiden and Johnny Barns will be doing the video and pics so be there bring your camera etc equipment sure to be quite the show. :spitfire:spitfire:spitfire:spitfire:spitfire:spit fire:spitfire:spitfire:spitfire:spitfire:spitfire: spitfire:spitfire:spitfire:spitfire:spitfire:spitf ire:spitfire:spitfire:spitfire As far as me and my fellow pilots know she the first 1600mm Spit in Sonoma County.

Comment

Name:	
Size:	108.4 KB
ID:	115546 All trimmed out ready for maiden flight this Sun. or maybe even Sat.
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X