Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Three colors to match. Once I had the grey, it was a matter of adding additional color to get the green and a bit of light blue to get the underside. For some reason, I can look at a color and see what it needs, probably comes from my oil painting days (you can see my Flying Tiger painting in the top center of the first pic) One thing I've found is that when you have one color it will lead to the other, like they just added some additional pigment to change the color rather than cleaning the gun, probably faster on the assembly line (I'm talking the full scale WWII era).
    I found this when I was matching paint for the P40. Mixed the green, then added some red and white to make the brown. Also, I got wise and made a couple of swatches, unfortunately, I forgot with the first color so will have to mix it again. With the swatches, I can take them to Ace and scan the colors, definitely easier that way!
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6750_0008.jpg Views:	0 Size:	109.6 KB ID:	403091 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6751_0009.jpg Views:	0 Size:	112.7 KB ID:	403092 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6753_0011.jpg Views:	0 Size:	122.3 KB ID:	403093

Grossman56
    Team Gross!

Comment

• I’ve had my Spit 2 years now and it’s been absolutely fabulous 😃😃 After all this time, time to try again with some sound. Where’s the best place to put the speakers. Some guys seem to cut them into the air intakes under the wings ?
      Ive got a Mr Sound card from about 2 years ago which I tried but didn’t have much success with, just wondering whether the updated one on Motion RC would be better.

Comment

• Originally posted by Simon Bee View Post
        I’ve had my Spit 2 years now and it’s been absolutely fabulous 😃😃 After all this time, time to try again with some sound. Where’s the best place to put the speakers. Some guys seem to cut them into the air intakes under the wings ?
        Ive got a Mr Sound card from about 2 years ago which I tried but didn’t have much success with, just wondering whether the updated one on Motion RC would be better.
        Simon, I put the MR RC Sound transducers in the aft section of battery bay, then velcro'd the board upside down just under the top of the fuse behind the battery bay opening (the thin red board in the photo). The board I used was the older version as the newer Aspire board is much thicker (which I have in 7 other foam warbirds). Although the Aspire board gives a slightly louder response, the older board worked just fine and was easier to fit in. With the transducers (which are not speakers) you need to place them on the foam to resonate the sound, while the hollow fuselage magnifies it. I also put heat sinks on the transducers as these get extremely hot after a 10 minute flight. The double wasp sound of the corsair produces the hottest transducers. I also put some air scoops made out of 45 degree copper joints to help keep the transducers and board a little cooler during flight.

The guys putting them in the air intakes are using speakers, which must be open to the outside. I do have speakers in my Aces High FW 190 which has no foam (balsa/monocoat) which sound great but these foam warbirds work very well with transducers. Very easy to set up and IMO a very neat addition. All my warbirds and even my "radial" engine Bi-Planes have sound systems.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20201127_235309.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	132.4 KB
ID:	403553 Click image for larger version

Name:	20210626_180046.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	105.6 KB
ID:	403554

Short Video of the Spitfire Sound:

Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
        Hangar: Mig 29 "Cobra", 8S EuroFighter-Bronze Tiger, A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, 8S F16 Wild Weasel, 8S F4 Jolly Rodgers & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, B-24, Stinger 90, Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 62" Extra 300, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, 62" Edge Demonstrator. FMS-SU-30,1700mm P-51, Corsair, Viper, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P51.

Comment

Working...
        X