Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PK, I fly Futaba, I did not use the Blue Box either. I opted to add a gyro, though I have never used it. The plane is rock solid with a CG about a 1/2 inch aft of OEM recommendation. I fly 6S 6250 mah. My RX is tucked below and slightly aft of the ply plate I added for the gyro. Don't know that I've helped you. Best, LB

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1499.jpg
Views:	547
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	381698Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1500.jpg
Views:	519
Size:	73.4 KB
ID:	381699
    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• I fly this with hrb 5000 6s all forward no xtra weight works good 4 me i am plugged directly to receiver,,( no blue box),,, so lights dont work.. as yet

Comment

• Same for me but I have the lights, flaps, and landing gear plugged into the blue box, everything else is a direct connection to the receiver.

Comment

• Do the decals now come pre-applied?

RF

Comment

• Yes they do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Red Flyer View Post
              Do the decals now come pre-applied?

RF
              unfortunately yes. they do not use any softer on decals.

Comment

• Does anyone fly the Spitfire on 4s ?

RF

Comment

• Would not think so

Comment

• Agreed...

Comment

• Flew my Spit this morning for the first time this year. Used a SMC HV 5900mAh pack and got 10 minutes flight time, coming down with 30% left in the pack.

I had almost forgotten what a nice flying plane this is.

Comment

• Agreed. The only thing it needs out of the box other than some weathering to suit individual desire is a sound system.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                          Agreed. The only thing it needs out of the box other than some weathering to suit individual desire is a sound system.
                          Put the Mr RC Sound system in mine with 2 transducers. Works nicely for my needs!

Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                          Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by kallend View Post
                            Flew my Spit this morning for the first time this year. Used a SMC HV 5900mAh pack and got 10 minutes flight time, coming down with 30% left in the pack.

I had almost forgotten what a nice flying plane this is.
                            Flew my papa dot spit last sunday morn also. ONLY 12 FLIGHTS SO FAR was windy but its rock solid,, as is my beaten up veteren f4u , not breaking gear in the spit as i did early with the f4u,, nice bonus i get 7 minuts with hrb 5000 at 3.8 per cell when finished

Comment

• Hi to all!

I think it was briefly discussed here previously but I will try to get more insights still: does anyone have a strong opinion whether one should go with the FL 1600mm Spit vs. the AVIOS 1450mm Spit (HobbyKing)? The size difference is obvious, but I am asking more about the quality of production, flight characteristics, availability of spares... Whatever comes to your mind :)

Thank you thoughts and experiences,

Pavel

Comment

• ...btw although the AVIOS Spit is out of stock at the moment, I do have an info they will be bringing it back soon

Comment

• As it stands today I won't buy any HK aircraft because of a few reasons, spares and discontinuing the planes while saying they are simply out of stock being the two top reasons. If this was a perfect world I'd still buy the FL. Other than to respect Tom Hunt for his effort in the design I have no desire to consider one. That said the pan and tilt module designed for the Avios Spit is great and I have them in a number of planes but it has also been out of stock for years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pavel_LKTO View Post
                                    Hi to all!

I think it was briefly discussed here previously but I will try to get more insights still: does anyone have a strong opinion whether one should go with the FL 1600mm Spit vs. the AVIOS 1450mm Spit (HobbyKing)? The size difference is obvious, but I am asking more about the quality of production, flight characteristics, availability of spares... Whatever comes to your mind :)

Thank you thoughts and experiences,

Pavel
                                    Im with evan i bought the hking mig 17,, great flying plane,,, after i put freewing servos.. theres not working,, then 2 flights replaced the esc... save an xtra bit and get a qaulity spit with available spares hav fun

Comment

• Originally posted by f4u ausie View Post

Im with evan i bought the hking mig 17,, great flying plane,,, after i put freewing servos.. theres not working,, then 2 flights replaced the esc... save an xtra bit and get a qaulity spit with available spares hav fun
                                      Thank you both, gents, I did end up getting the FL Spit, after all. It is already resting in my living room, waiting to be fitted and brought to life.
                                      And I do not regret this decision one bit! ☺

Comment

• U wont regret it

Comment

• Ok so now that I am part of the FL gang, here comes my first (out of many) question: I noticed that especially some years ago, people were struggling quite a bit with the blue box - burning the led's etc. Then I noticed that some of you are getting rid of the BB, straight out of the box, still today. Why exactly is that? I am back to RC after many years, so have no experience with such "aggregation" module.

Comment

Working...
                                          X