First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by f4u ausie View Post
    Got me one of these coming,, should b here tomorrow
    I believe you already got your parcel!!

Many rivets are missing on wings. I usually work with car filler and primer, but on this project I tried Mr.Hobby surfacer 500. It seems, that it works great. Click image for larger version

Name:	124.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	371293Click image for larger version

Name:	122.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	71.9 KB
ID:	371294Click image for larger version

Name:	123.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	371295

Comment

• Now im confused !!! What r u talkin about?.

Comment

• Ordered on the 22 feb ... only 5 hours away(wagga) in nsw... tday is 24,, not here.. yet.. so im grumpy... and wagga Is a stange ozzie town name.. its halway btween melbourne and sydney.. a central distribution point,,, likely as is motian rc is

Comment

Now im confused !!! What r u talkin about?.
          I commented your post
          "#3438" frrom Feb 19, 2023, 08:00 PM .."should b here tomorrow" I thought, that tomorrow means next day. A days after Feb 19, well Feb 20.

Comment

• Just me overthinking again,,, but it here ,, lunch time tday... thanx 4 your intrest... funny thing,, i read ya post again.. and previos ones.. now im with the program... and u would not believe it ,,, im an auto body paint man also... but we call it bog,, slang aussie,, not bondo

Comment

• Lucky enuf to work 4 myself so home early... obvious reason.... put this thing together.... looks awsome... just gota program receiver ,,, inc control rods ,, centre servos....bla bla.. those wings look nice,, elleptical,, i think,, in a different way,, to the corsair,, gullwing... anyway i must say i was surprised at the foam quality,,, 4 an older fliteline... will say,, luv my fms p51,, but this is my 3rd fwing slash flightline plane.... and the build qaulity is a step above fms.... started on dynam,, so not hard to improve.... anyway couple pics.... one last thing ,, removal of wings wont b so easy as f4u,, 4 transport.... will find a solution or deal with it..

Comment

• Enjoy your Spitfire!! Do not forgetuse flaps on landing and mix them with EL!

Comment

• What is more difficult than on Corsair wings? Corsairs wings are on 4 screws and on Spitfire 5 screws.

Comment

• f4u ausie, Lookin' sharp, my man. Good luck on the first check ride. Best, LB
                    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Prekin View Post
                      What is more difficult than on Corsair wings? Corsairs wings are on 4 screws and on Spitfire 5 screws.
                      Not the atatchment ,,just the wiring.. corsair has 2 nice ribbon cables

Comment

Enjoy your Spitfire!! Do not forgetuse flaps on landing and mix them with EL!
                        Do u use the book mix...?. And rates

Comment

• Thanx lb ur a nice man always...

Comment

Do u use the book mix...?. And rates
                            I use control ratio according to FL manual. I added some extra weight in nose, well she needs some trim elevator up.
                            But only one postion of flaps (like in real Spitfire, just for landing)

From attached picture you can see full flaps and elevator mix.
                            Going to more open the flaps than I had on maiden.

To Corsair... mate from airfield has probably another FL Corsair. There are 4 screws in the wings. I thought you have the same Flightline F4U.
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	F3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	55.9 KB ID:	371368

Comment

I use control ratio according to FL manual. I added some extra weight in nose, well she needs some trim elevator up.
                              But only one postion of flaps (like in real Spitfire, just for landing)

From attached picture you can see full flaps and elevator mix.
                              Going to more open the flaps than I had on maiden.

To Corsair... mate from airfield has probably another FL Corsair. There are 4 screws in the wings. I thought you have the same Flightline F4U.
                              Click image for larger version Name:	F3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	55.9 KB ID:	371368
                              Yes mine is 1600 fline corsair.. at a guess 2 or 300 flights.. with the spit,, it just looks painful removing the ail flap gear wire, from blue box on the wing.. 3 extentsion wires , from receiver,, will make it easier

Comment

• That´s it. We do not use their blue box. 2 MPX connectors for almost whole wings are much easier!

Comment

• Im a dummy,, whats a mpx

Comment

• MPX stands for "Multiplex". It's a european model brand. They make well known high quality plug such as these https://www.amazon.fr/ENET-Connecteu...7094298&sr=8-2

Comment

• Ok thanx thought as much

Comment

Ok thanx thought as much
                                        I use these:

And my dorsal lamp isn't driven by the blue box, it's a morse signalling lamp with its own controller.

Comment

• Now your talkin thanku sir

Comment

Working...
                                          X