Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I started riveting of the fuselage. When I did some first heads of rivets I got idea, that would be better to do that after final new paint coat. I may try to paint some palces with the rivets now and I will see how they look.Click image for larger version

Name:	110.jpg
Views:	319
Size:	100.1 KB
ID:	368553Click image for larger version

Name:	111.jpg
Views:	313
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	368554Click image for larger version

Name:	112.jpg
Views:	329
Size:	121.9 KB
ID:	368552

Comment

• Originally posted by Prekin View Post
      I started riveting of the fuselage. When I did some first heads of rivets I got idea, that would be better to do that after final new paint coat. I may try to paint some palces with the rivets now and I will see how they look.]​
      PK, Lima Golf, Dude... eh hem, Lookin' Good, Sir. Best, LB
      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• I had a minute to add some more rivets. Fuselage is nearly done. Just a nose, fin and bottom side of stab.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	113.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	126.8 KB
ID:	369151Click image for larger version

Name:	114.jpg
Views:	291
Size:	101.3 KB
ID:	369150Click image for larger version

Name:	115.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	144.3 KB
ID:	369152Click image for larger version

Name:	116.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	106.1 KB
ID:	369153

Comment

I had a minute to add some more rivets.]​
          PK, A great detail and a remarkable difference. It will be interesting to see when painted. Hopefully, just the right amount of 'dent' to be seen. Best, LB
          I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
          ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Thank you LB. On starboard you can I see, that I put one layer of dark grey paint. I wanted to see, if the rivets will be visible. Under matt paint they are not so visible like under gloss paint.
            But the biggest pain are the decals and stickers! That was not good modification from Flightline. 😡
            I noticed there are no canopy rails. I am thinking if to just paint them or put some rails behind canopy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

PK, A great detail and a remarkable difference. It will be interesting to see when painted. Hopefully, just the right amount of 'dent' to be seen. Best, LB
              In attached pictures you can see fuselage painted by gloss paint.
              In the first picture are Gunze paints I will use for roundels. Click image for larger version

Name:	119.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	137.5 KB
ID:	369275Click image for larger version

Name:	117.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	103.9 KB
ID:	369277Click image for larger version

Name:	118.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	369276

Comment

• Elbee
                Elbee commented
                Editing a comment
                Looks great. Worth the effort. Now ya got thinking about my Corsair. All those rivets from the spine downward aft of the canopy. We'll see. Regardless, just outstanding work. Best, LB

• Actually I am suprised about their visibility. I expected, that the rivets will not be visible under final coat.
              My colleague purchased the Corsair last week. When I finish my Spitfire I will take his Corsair to my workshop. I hope, that he will want just only new paint scheme and pilot. 😆

Comment

• Hi Guys,

The motor in my Spit has been sketchy since the ESC meltdown on the second run-up. I have an HP G-91 600kv motor from Hobby People. For someone like me who knows squat about brushless motors, would this motor be an ok substitute for the plane while I send this stock one back?

Comment

• Did your Spit came with that motor or did you replaced it?

Comment

• Stock is a 5055-390Kv. ​The HP G-91 600kv motor is a 4260-600kv.

​Very different in size and even more in kV. I would not suggest trying it.

I assume you are asking since the stock motor is out of stock? This is the same motor but slightly lower kV.

FlightLine 5055-340Kv Brushless Motor [MO150552] Motion RC

Comment

Did your Spit came with that motor or did you replaced it?
                      Looking for a temporary replacement.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                        Stock is a 5055-390Kv. ​The HP G-91 600kv motor is a 4260-600kv.

​Very different in size and even more in kV. I would not suggest trying it.

I assume you are asking since the stock motor is out of stock? This is the same motor but slightly lower kV.

FlightLine 5055-340Kv Brushless Motor [MO150552] Motion RC
                        Thanks. What performance difference should I expect with the lower KV?

Comment

• A small amount less rpm. Since the Spit can do unlimited vertical you shouldn't notice much difference.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

PK, Lima Golf, Dude... eh hem, Lookin' Good, Sir. Best, LB
                            Hi Prekin: marvelous work on your Spittie! Really enjoying all the details. I looked but probably missed it: what tool did you use to make the impressions in the foam to simulate the flush rivets? Again, very nice job!

Cheers

davegee

Comment

• Originally posted by Simon Bee View Post
                              Anybody know where I can buy a more realistic RAF looking pilot rather than the stock one who looks more at home flying F4s in the Pacific.

Name:	image_20957.jpg
Views:	299
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	369666
                              Got Akuma Zeto to paint this Aces of Iron pilot for mine

Name:	IMG_2028.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	369667
                              He did a great job!

Grossman56

Team Gross!

Comment

• Elbee
                                Elbee commented
                                Editing a comment
                                I used this same pilot (Warbirds?) as my Spittie Driver. With some decent reference photos, he passes muster as an RAF Pilot. Also, check out Max Grueter's work on cgtrader. He does several different pilots from different eras. I used one of his in my Corsair. Best, LB

• Originally posted by davegee View Post

Hi Prekin: marvelous work on your Spittie! Really enjoying all the details. I looked but probably missed it: what tool did you use to make the impressions in the foam to simulate the flush rivets? Again, very nice job!

Cheers

davegee
                              Thank you very much for the kind words Dave! I think you did not miss that detail, I did not mentioned the "tool" I use.For the rivets in foam I use just small tube. I hope you did not expect some more sophisticated tool. 😅

Comment

Thank you very much for the kind words Dave! I think you did not miss that detail, I did not mentioned the "tool" I use.For the rivets in foam I use just small tube. I hope you did not expect some more sophisticated tool. 😅
                                Hi Prekin: That's a good choice. On larger models that I used to fly in competitions, I used a soldering iron with a small scale brass tube on the end. The heated tube was gently applied to the airplane (made of carbon fiber or wood) onto the primer coat of the finishing process, and once you got used to it, you could put hundreds and eventually thousands of rivets onto the airplane in just a few sessions. Having a beer in hand, helped! A very light wet sanding afterwards and it was ready for painting.

On those plane, I painted on every marking and even the nomenclature, using prepared paint masks. I really liked that when done, the rivets shone through the stars and bars or whatever, making it look very realistic.

I like the scale dzus fasteners and rivets that you printed up for your Spittie. Very nice!

Have you decide which markings to paint it up in when you get to that point?

Keep up the good work!

davegee

Comment

• Originally posted by davegee View Post

Hi Prekin: That's a good choice. On larger models that I used to fly in competitions, I used a soldering iron with a small scale brass tube on the end. The heated tube was gently applied to the airplane (made of carbon fiber or wood) onto the primer coat of the finishing process, and once you got used to it, you could put hundreds and eventually thousands of rivets onto the airplane in just a few sessions. Having a beer in hand, helped! A very light wet sanding afterwards and it was ready for painting.

On those plane, I painted on every marking and even the nomenclature, using prepared paint masks. I really liked that when done, the rivets shone through the stars and bars or whatever, making it look very realistic.

I like the scale dzus fasteners and rivets that you printed up for your Spittie. Very nice!

Have you decide which markings to paint it up in when you get to that point?

Keep up the good work!

davegee
                                  Thank you for encouragement Dave!
                                  Since I painted all insignia and nomenclature on my 1/10 scale P47 and 1/16 scale B24 I use to paint them on all models. That look much better than better than some decals or stickers.
                                  All Spitfire I do in marking of SQN no.312, so also this Spitfire will be in SQN no. 312 camo. I decided for MJ840 "DU L" with invasion stripes.

Name:	S4.jpg
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	369808

Name:	S1.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	369809​​

Comment

Thank you for encouragement Dave!
                                    Since I painted all insignia and nomenclature on my 1/10 scale P47 and 1/16 scale B24 I use to paint them on all models. That look much better than better than some decals or stickers.
                                    All Spitfire I do in marking of SQN no.312, so also this Spitfire will be in SQN no. 312 camo. I decided for MJ840 "DU L" with invasion stripes.

Name:	S4.jpg
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	369808

Name:	S1.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	369809​​
                                    Beautiful planes, Prekin! Waiting with anticipation to see how your Flightline Spitfire turns out when complete!👍👍

Comment

• I would like to work more on Spitfire, but I am not able now. Next week I would like to start works on wing and finish riveting on fuselage.

Comment

Working...
                                      X