Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two things. ESC calibration or receiver "sensing".

ESC, calibrate it )might help to use a "dumb" receiver for this the first time to make sure it works. Then... If it doesn't go through it's zip zip zip AS3X moving of the surfaces it either not sensing proper position or the aircraft is not super still, even slight wind movement will stop it from going through it's zip zip zip... Are you sure it's position is correct?

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
      Two things. ESC calibration or receiver "sensing".

ESC, calibrate it )might help to use a "dumb" receiver for this the first time to make sure it works. Then... If it doesn't go through it's zip zip zip AS3X moving of the surfaces it either not sensing proper position or the aircraft is not super still, even slight wind movement will stop it from going through it's zip zip zip... Are you sure it's position is correct?
      Tried binding again and the only thing I get working is a rapid flashing of the green led on the one wing. The receiver has bound because I can see the foreword programming menu. The spit is currently on a modified electronic keyboard table. Unless I place the spit on the ground on a protective cloth (as the wheels are up) and try binding again. If my memory serves me correctly, there is another gear channel on the blue box. Guys on here say the gear is the common earth, soI was wondering if it’s some kind of earthing issue. It’s probably something simple but I just don’t know what. The esc beeping is bit worrying.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rand View Post

Tried binding again and the only thing I get working is a rapid flashing of the green led on the one wing. The receiver has bound because I can see the foreword programming menu. The spit is currently on a modified electronic keyboard table. Unless I place the spit on the ground on a protective cloth (as the wheels are up) and try binding again. If my memory serves me correctly, there is another gear channel on the blue box. Guys on here say the gear is the common earth, soI was wondering if it’s some kind of earthing issue. It’s probably something simple but I just don’t know what. The esc beeping is bit worrying.
        What you describe sounds like the ESC is not initializing due to the throttle signal not being low enough.

1. Did you calibrate the ESC?

2. What does the transmitter monitor screen show for the throttle channel?

3. What Evan suggested a couple of posts back.

Comment

• There are several aspects here:
          1) ESC is not initializing.
          2) receiver is bound, but apparently not outputting any signal (not clear from your explanation). That might also explain the ESC not initializing, but it might not.
          Which receiver output channels are responding? Are they connected through the BB or not? Can you bypass the BB for testing purposes, by just connecting servos directly to the receiver, and see if they respond?
          If they do, then you might have a BB problem, and an ESC calibration issue as mentioned above.

Comment

• Originally posted by HangarQueen View Post
            There are several aspects here:
            1) ESC is not initializing.
            2) receiver is bound, but apparently not outputting any signal (not clear from your explanation). That might also explain the ESC not initializing, but it might not.
            Which receiver output channels are responding? Are they connected through the BB or not? Can you bypass the BB for testing purposes, by just connecting servos directly to the receiver, and see if they respond?
            If they do, then you might have a BB problem, and an ESC calibration issue as mentioned above.
            Thanks for your input. I'm not 100% up on the electrics side of things and still have room to know more. I've tried all the usual advice to initialise the esc -throttle stick up and trim, then pulling stick down, throttle stick lowest and throttle trim at -130 etc, and it still beeps and no throttle. The weird thing is none of the other servo's /controls are working either. So could that mean a common problem elsewhere ie the blue box. The green led on the wing is the only thing that works, and its flashing rather rapidly. I was wondering if the servo connections could be orientated in the wrong way round? would tat reverse the servo's or cause a short positive to negative? I honestly haven't got a clue on this. I need some tech lessons. The only thing I queried when making connections to the receiver were the aileron flaps and landing gear wires. these are brown red in the middle and yellow, and I wasn't sure which was supposed to be earth if i'm thinking right. Could I have plugged the connections in the wrong way round or are the plugs designed to only fit one way? The receiver is bound because the transmitter shows the forward programming menu most of which is new to me. I have not adjusted parameter's in the forward programming menu as yet, as I thought everything would work and this was a fine tune area.

Comment

• Originally posted by kallend View Post

What you describe sounds like the ESC is not initializing due to the throttle signal not being low enough.

1. Did you calibrate the ESC?

2. What does the transmitter monitor screen show for the throttle channel?

3. What Evan suggested a couple of posts back.
              Hi.
              1. I've Tried different methods to calibrate and no joy. can you please advise me and I can tell you whether i've tried your method.

2. The throttle channel is on AX3 according to the monitor.

3. Spit is waste height up on a stand because the gear is up.

I could purchase some y cables and try ''eliminating'' the blue box.
              The Spektrum AR8360T 8 channel has a bind button. The receiver bounded straight away, but NO channel is working other than the one green wing led. and that seems to be flashing too fast. Thank you in advance for your help.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rand View Post

2. The throttle channel is on AX3 according to the monitor.
                What I meant is what value does the throttle channel show as its output when you close it?

AX3 for throttle - that is weird!

Do you have a club nearby? I think you need hands-on help.

Comment

• You might have plugged in the servo connectors the wrong way around. I looked up images and even the manual of your receiver, but I couldn't find a picture of the location of any label that would indicate the polarity of the servo connectors. But usually it is something like this:
                  "-" : that is ground, the black wire
                  "+" : 5V, the red wire
                  "~​" : signal, the yellow wire
                  So if you plug it in the reverse way, the signal wire of your connected servo will be connected to ground. It won't do any damage, but it could explain why an LED would flicker rapidly.
                  If you have a loose servo lying around somewhere, connect it to one of the channels of the receiver, and see if you can get it to move when you move the sticks.

Comment

• Hi again. I do know the red is live and the black is ground. I must be suffering from a bout of brain fog, lol, because I wondered what the S stood for. Duh. Thanks to everyone's help I'm very very slowly getting a better picture. I actually have a redundant new Spektrum SPM4650 diversity receiver that was supposed to have replaced the old unavailable SPM4648 for the e-flite Divergence Vtol. But it's a 4pin as to the old required 3pin. If it'll do the job for a simple test i'll try that. A little test rig to fall back on has now become a good idea. I do have a box of odds and sods. Fetching some Y plugs today. Members very welcome input helps those of us with problems at least think more clearly. Thank you.

Comment

What I meant is what value does the throttle channel show as its output when you close it?

The Throttle out put when closed is currently -100. Fully open 100.

Throttle value is -100 when closed. I looked in the Spectrum NX10 manual and as yet cant find what the throttle should be assigned to. I will look up AX3 and see what I come up with? Our local club's aren't taking on new members at the minute. I am a competent flier even with tail draggers, but admit I would love the opportunity to get a more in depth understanding of RC electrics. Do you think a factory reset would be in order? I only bought this Spektrum NX10 recently so am still getting to grips with it. thanks...Rand

Comment

also.. I meant to add, that the ESC starts beeping immediately on connection of the battery. i'm going to take the wing off and recheck my connections in the blue box and also check the receiver supply cable is the right way round to see if I've plugged anything in reverse as I have no input on control surfaces either. Just the one green led that is flashing fast. Regards Rand

Comment

• I have sometimes encounter a similar problem if the throttle trim is set too high. As part of my pre takeoff checks I set the throttle trim so the motor is just turning. Maybe if your trim is set too high the ESC is detecting you want to drive the prop and not binding right. Just a thought.
                          I have also heard of this issue if the receiver is pre owned and installed in another model in a different attitude to it's calibrated setting in the first model (ie upside down)
                          I have 11 AR637T's and never had a problem with any of them. The only issue I had was the AS3X not working when programmed in to my first one. I could not get it to work. A quick call to the shop I bought it from....He said "Are you raising the throttle to over 25% for a few seconds?".... No I replied. Mmmmmm RTFI.... Read the F******G INSTRUCTIONS!😁😁😁 Doooh my fault.....

Comment

• ​2nd flight and full flap landing. flys just beautiful

Facebook

​​

Comment

• If anyone knows where I can buy one or more of the plastic 20mm cannons for this plane, I’m in the market. I just discovered that MotionRC is out of stock. I lost one this season. If you have an extra, I’d be happy to pay.

Comment

• Originally posted by sngecko View Post
                                If anyone knows where I can buy one or more of the plastic 20mm cannons for this plane, I’m in the market. I just discovered that MotionRC is out of stock. I lost one this season. If you have an extra, I’d be happy to pay.
                                I 3D printed some and they look and work pretty good. Do you have a 3D printer or know someone who does? Here is the link to the .STL
                                Replacement machine guns for Flightline F7F Tigercat. These keep snapping off whenever you try to pickup the plane, so here are simple replacements. Print them horizontally on the bed for longitudinal strength. They will need to be lightly cleaned up with sandpaper since they won't be perfectly round.

Comment

• Originally posted by Denniswpb View Post

I 3D printed some and they look and work pretty good. Do you have a 3D printer or know someone who does? Here is the link to the .STL
                                  https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5076406
                                  That doesn't look like the Spit's 20mm cannon. Are you sure it's the correct link?

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	262
Size:	388.0 KB
ID:	360505​​
                                  Attached Files

Comment

• I can definitely make a model and print it myself! The link to thingiverse is definitely a different plane, but thanks for reminding me that I already have this skill…duh

Comment

• Oops, Sorry. Wrong forum. I thought it was the Flightline Tigercat forum when I read it.

Comment

• Originally posted by sngecko View Post
                                        I can definitely make a model and print it myself! The link to thingiverse is definitely a different plane, but thanks for reminding me that I already have this skill…duh
                                        Indeed, it doesn't look like a hard design project.

Comment

• Flying today and the grass was very wet and soft. Unfortunately my Spit tipped on its nose at full power and I think the bearings have gone in the motor because there is a slight wobble on the prop shaft and a knocking noise at high power.
                                          Can the bearings (or whatever it is) be replaced or is it a new motor 😫😫😫

Comment

Working...
                                          X