X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RichJ53 View Post

You can always test your blue box prior to use, I have not had any trouble with either my L39 or Corsair boxes. You can always disconnect them
    Rich
    Test them out? Control surfaces are working but, I just didn't know this is my first "blue box" plane. Now just finding what rates/throw to go with. I'm pretty nervous about this plane...Just am. not sure why.
    Planes
    -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
    -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

• For all of you Spitfire fans - this is mine on landing approach. This one was flown by a Polish Captain in the Battle of Britain. I also uploaded the WW2 pic. Enjoy! Graphics are from Callie.

Comment

• Originally posted by thisguy65 View Post

Test them out? Control surfaces are working but, I just didn't know this is my first "blue box" plane. Now just finding what rates/throw to go with. I'm pretty nervous about this plane...Just am. not sure why.
        Test all the continuity of the blue box connections with a multimeter, see post 2300
        Rich

Comment

• Somehow I missed that thabks
          Planes
          -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
          -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

• Originally posted by PaulZ View Post
            For all of you Spitfire fans - this is mine on landing approach. This one was flown by a Polish Captain in the Battle of Britain. I also uploaded the WW2 pic. Enjoy! Graphics are from Callie.
            Paul, great photo and beautiful livery. Bravo Zulu. Best, LB
            I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
            ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Found some of the decal glue that was mention earlier on amazon
              Planes

Comment

Hi

I found the company website and they will ship internationally. I would think your local hobby shops that support plastic model kits would carry this product too. So Microscale liquid decal film puts a clear plastic film on the top of the water slide decal which helps hold it together. It restores the original film the decal is made from and really makes a difference. I could not get any of my decals to separate from the paper without breaking before using this stuff.
                http://www.microscale.com/Merchant2/...y_Code=FINPROD

Also, the Hard Coat by Beacon is not the same type of product... I have some of this for foam repairs. I do not think this is a good substitute
                Rich
                Thanks a lot dear Rich...for warning ,I seem to have found something similar in my town and I'll let you know.;)

Comment

• Originally posted by MesRcPilot View Post

Thanks a lot dear Rich...for warning ,I seem to have found something similar in my town and I'll let you know.;)
                  My Pleasure sir.... best of luck with your project
                  Rich

Comment

• I found some scale detail photos that I took a couple of years ago at the San Diego air museum.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8624.JPG
Views:	835
Size:	118.3 KB
ID:	182759Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8625.JPG
Views:	827
Size:	127.0 KB
ID:	182760Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8626.JPG
Views:	802
Size:	114.3 KB
ID:	182761

Comment

• Just plugged in my servos for the first time and noticed the LH aileron servo falters at a specific position along it's travel. If you hold the stick at this position the servo vibrates/jitters. Has anyone experienced this? I have asked RC Castle (where I ordered the model) for a replacement servo as I don't think it's worth taking the risk.

How hard is it to remove this servo??

Comment

• that is a pot (potentiometer) problem. should not happen with a new servo. I replaced the elevator servo in my spit because it was not holding center. the flap servos are scheduled for replacement because they "turn off" and the wind resistance pushes them back to clean position.

Joe
                        Platt: fw190d9 Dynaflite:PT-19 IMP:Macchi202 ESM:fw190 ESM:Tank, Hien Jackson:DH-2 BH:macchi200 Extr:fw190 Holman:me109F H9spit2 FL:F4u,spit 9 FW:me262 GP:us60, Stuka, cub, F4u PZ:me109, albi EF Hurri, T-28 FMS: 2x fw190, me109 Lone Star:Skat Kat RSCombat:2xfw190d9

Comment

• Originally posted by paladin View Post
                          that is a pot (potentiometer) problem. should not happen with a new servo. I replaced the elevator servo in my spit because it was not holding center. the flap servos are scheduled for replacement because they "turn off" and the wind resistance pushes them back to clean position.

Joe
                          Is this for all spits that the flap servo needs replacing? Is there a way to determine if they shut off with out flying?
                          Planes

Comment

• Slowly getting there. Click image for larger version  Name:	20190307_173059.jpg Views:	0 Size:	119.5 KB ID:	183273Click image for larger version  Name:	20190304_180923.jpg Views:	0 Size:	144.0 KB ID:	183274

Comment

• Originally posted by RodgerC View Post
                              Slowly getting there. Click image for larger version Name:	20190307_173059.jpg Views:	0 Size:	119.5 KB ID:	183273Click image for larger version Name:	20190304_180923.jpg Views:	0 Size:	144.0 KB ID:	183274
                              Very nice, did you coat it with a polycrylic or urethane, and if so did you use satin/semi-gloss or gloss?:spitfire
                              Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                              Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

Slowly getting there. Click image for larger version Name:	20190307_173059.jpg Views:	0 Size:	119.5 KB ID:	183273Click image for larger version Name:	20190304_180923.jpg Views:	0 Size:	144.0 KB ID:	183274
                                Hello Rodger , I have Spitfire (FMS) with the same tags ... but yours is much,much more attractive, and beautiful... congrats and greetings from Adriatic Sea.:Cool:

Comment

Slowly getting there.
                                  Looking good RodgerC.

Don't think I posted this here yet - Edited together some of the video clips my wife took on her mobile phone of the maiden. As you will see she mostly just filmed the fly-bys.
                                  The dodgy camerawork is nowhere near as dodgy as my final crosswind landing in blustery conditions! Anyway, big thanks to wifey for being my wingman/film crew.(and also for buying me this wonderful plane in the first place)

Comment

Just plugged in my servos for the first time and noticed the LH aileron servo falters at a specific position along it's travel. If you hold the stick at this position the servo vibrates/jitters. Has anyone experienced this? I have asked RC Castle (where I ordered the model) for a replacement servo as I don't think it's worth taking the risk.

How hard is it to remove this servo??
                                    Hi
                                    I did not see anyone answer you. Yes, replace this bad servo with a new one.

The servo is lightly glued into the pocket with silicone (stated by MRC support). Use a hobby knife to carefully relieve the bond to the servo. I have a spudger tool (iFixit) to help clean the glue away from the sides and then pry it up. Use your stainless wire tool to the end of the servo wire connector. then pull the servo out of the slot while the wire tool is connected. Connect your new servo wire to the tool and then pull it back through the wing.
                                    Hope this helps you.... it is pretty easy and just take your time.
                                    Rich

Name:	IMG_2430.jpg
Views:	706
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	183316Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2431.jpg
Views:	690
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	183317

Comment

• full view of tools

Name:	IMG_2432.jpg
Views:	694
Size:	120.5 KB
ID:	183319

Comment

Hi
                                        I did not see anyone answer you. Yes, replace this bad servo with a new one.

The servo is lightly glued into the pocket with silicone (stated by MRC support). Use a hobby knife to carefully relieve the bond to the servo. I have a spudger tool (iFixit) to help clean the glue away from the sides and then pry it up. Use your stainless wire tool to the end of the servo wire connector. then pull the servo out of the slot while the wire tool is connected. Connect your new servo wire to the tool and then pull it back through the wing.
                                        Hope this helps you.... it is pretty easy and just take your time.
                                        Rich

Name:	IMG_2430.jpg
Views:	706
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	183316Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2431.jpg
Views:	690
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	183317
                                        Thanks RickJ. I managed to remove the servos out OK just like you described. I have now replaced both Aileron servos with HiTec HS5085MG's that fit perfectly. To hold them in I wrapped the servo case with blue masking tape and then glued in with hot glue. Seems very secure.

Comment

• Originally posted by JPJI View Post

Looking good RodgerC.

Don't think I posted this here yet - Edited together some of the video clips my wife took on her mobile phone of the maiden. As you will see she mostly just filmed the fly-bys.
                                          The dodgy camerawork is nowhere near as dodgy as my final crosswind landing in blustery conditions! Anyway, big thanks to wifey for being my wingman/film crew.(and also for buying me this wonderful plane in the first place)

Thanks JPJI. Your paint scheme inspired me to do the same on my model.

Comment

Working...
                                          X