Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I use Admiral 6S 6000 for all or my big birds: T-33, FL F4U, e-Flite FW 190 and soon the Spitty. I will be using two transducers, and where I put them will be determined by where I am able to place the battery. If it is full forward and not nose heavy, I will put them forward of the CoG line until it levels. Vice versa, if it is nose heavy, they will be aft of CoG. Usually, I try to place them dead on the CoG line to neutralize rheir weight. That is what I did for my F4U Corsair, but it ha s removable weights in the nose, and that helped.

ideally, I never add weights to a plane, if possible. It's dead weight. I'd rather use a heavy battery I can adjust position with. Without the Spitty in hand, I can make.no assumptions. It will figure it out before the transducers are glued in. I expect the Spitty to fly like it is on rails, just as my Corsair does. FL aircraft are top notch in my book. Unlike my e-Flite FW 190, which broke a landing gear strut on first roll out. I ran off the runway throttling up. Done this more than I hate to admit (not for a while now) and I have only ever have a strut be slightly bent. The FW 190 gear pin sheared clean in half between the strut and trunion. I was like wth? Ordered a new part, thinking no big deal, and I get two pins in the replacement part bag. Nope. Opened it to find one pin is Left and one is Right. Never seen any company do that. Pins are usually universal (in my experience), but I suddenly thought that maybe it made sense if it was known the metal of the pins were prone to breakage. Awesome business strategy e-Flite.

In any case, very happy with Flightline and Motion. I'm sure the Spitty will not disappoint. Shipped yesterday so should arrive in a few days.

Comment

• It’s arrived and I have had a quick look, I have to say the quality looks to notch 😀
      makes me nervous about flying it, don’t want to spoil it !

Comment

• FL make an awesome plane. I am waiting for them to do a really nice 1600 P-51D.

Comment

• Originally posted by Simon Bee View Post
          It’s arrived and I have had a quick look, I have to say the quality looks to notch 😀
          makes me nervous about flying it, don’t want to spoil it !
          SB, Trust me, you will do great. It is a beautiful flying model. Best, LB
          I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
          ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
            FL make an awesome plane. I am waiting for them to do a really nice 1600 P-51D.
            Dude...don't even get me started! I'm also eyeing the FMS 1500mm P-47.

Comment

• Never seen a bad flying model of a P-47 though I don't buy anything HH sells (except the Apprentice).

Comment

• Originally posted by kallend View Post

I use 5000mAh packs and have not found it necessary to add any lead, nor have I found it to be twitchy.
                My only point was that I flew it for about 50 flights at first 10mm behind the recommended CG (at 100mm) and there found it a bit elevator twitchy, but who knows, could just be my twitchy fingers. Flying it now at 92mm (manual is at 90 if I remember) and the SMC 6200 does weight 814 gr. To get it there, I needed to put the battery all the way forward and add 1 ounce of lead. The sound board and 2 transducers are near the CG line, so that shouldn't affect it much and I'm using 3" Hangar 9 ProLite wheels, but those also are near the line, so not sure why mine was inherently more tail heavy. Could be all the paint and the 5 coats of Spar Urethane. I had the same issue with my Corsair, added all the weight I could in the nose and some more, using the same battery and sound system. I put the warbirds.com pilot in there with moving head, the 3D cockpit and added cowl flaps, but don't think that affected it much. I guess, just like these aircrafts pilot, for some reason they got a little to much baggage in the rear!
                Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Well, lads. I say crack on!

Comment

• Originally posted by Arycon View Post
                    Well, lads. I say crack on!
                    AC, Crack-on, indeed, Sir. Any plans for a repaint? The OEM liveries are quite good, though. Best, LB
                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

AC, Crack-on, indeed, Sir. Any plans for a repaint? The OEM liveries are quite good, though. Best, LB
                      This is what I am going for. John Plagis' "Muscat Kay" 5JK. Doing the underside D-Day stripes to help with orientation. When they're on top it gets distracting to me.

I just got back from a craft store. Bought several different colors to mix for my airbrush. Hopefully I can get close. Should be able to. Plan to keep the stock color scheme but she will be weathered and the end result should hopefully look like the one below. Callie Graphics are already in the mail.

Paint will start Wednesday. I will update as I go.

Comment

• Arycon Yeppers, you might of already posted that you were doing a livery mod, if so, my bad for not remembering. Nice choice. Best, LB
                        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Here's both mine. The stripes pop in the air.

Click image for larger version

Name:	New Spit.jpeg
Views:	381
Size:	281.9 KB
ID:	350230

Comment

• Base layer down. More weathering to come. Will make a pass with ultra light highlights to make the scheme even more worn in. Then it is on to paint chipping.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arycon View Post
                              Base layer down. More weathering to come. Will make a pass with ultra light highlights to make the scheme even more worn in. Then it is on to paint chipping.
                              AC, Your Spittie is Lookin' Good. Very nice work, Sir. Best, LB
                              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Looking Good!!

Grossman56
                                Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post

* Pre-installed dorsal signal light. Can be plugged into the circuit board to flash intermittently, but because the real Spitfire only used this light to flash Morse Code to communicate, I hope someone out there programs an Arduino to flash an actual Morse Code message, like "Cleared in Hot" or "I love pizza"

IX
                                  Did anyone do this.?

Comment

• Mine flashes simply because we generally landing with a mountain in the background and believe me, camo works! That flashing light is very helpful!

Name:	IMG_2170.JPG
Views:	305
Size:	112.4 KB
ID:	350560Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2172.JPG
Views:	280
Size:	100.3 KB
ID:	350561Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2173.JPG
Views:	337
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	350562

Grossman56
                                    Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                                      Mine flashes simply because we generally landing with a mountain in the background and believe me, camo works! That flashing light is very helpful!

Name:	IMG_2170.JPG
Views:	305
Size:	112.4 KB
ID:	350560Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2172.JPG
Views:	280
Size:	100.3 KB
ID:	350561Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2173.JPG
Views:	337
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	350562

Grossman56
                                      I use the flashing light, too, for the same reasons you stated, visibility!

Cheers

davegee

Comment

• My question related to flashing Morse code as in the OP’s post.

Comment

• Hi all. Am new here. Wanted to pick your brains if I may. I've flown the spitty for only 16 flights so far but love how she flies, my first low wing plane, gets lots of attention where I fly from grass over the cliffs in South East. Only thing I would look to improve (other than having had the same wheel pant rip off twice in grass so have removed them) is the sound. I like the look of the 4blade prop but wonder if it's possible to get that high rpm prop sound by upping the motor and esc maybe? I love the sound of hobby king Reno racer yak 11 which I think is 16 x 10 2 blade but has 550kv motor. Anyone swapped such things or have a way to get the sound up a bit other than sound system? I'd love to keep the 4 blade if I can but any motor swaps easy drop in ? Many thanks, scott

Comment

Working...
                                          X