First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
    You mean like this?
    Spitfire Landing Gear a little more scale

I plug one of the retracts into the landing gear door plug on the blue box and the other into the regular retract plug.

Grossman56
    G5, I am becoming a fan of the MCB-E, aka: Blue Box. It is now common in Freewing and Flightline Airframes and when working well, does accomplish much of what I wanted my Arduinos to do. At any rate, I need to get back to studying and tinkering with the Arduianos...pretty neat stuff for us modelers. Best, LB
    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Just a suggestion, I changed it back to normal afterwards because, well frankly, I didn't like it. It depends on how scale accurate you are willing to pay for I guess.

Grossman56
      Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
        Just a suggestion, I changed it back to normal afterwards because, well frankly, I didn't like it. It depends on how scale accurate you are willing to pay for I guess.

Grossman56
        The ATtiny85 costs around $4. Not exactly breaking the bank.

But you do need to know how to program it.

The Pro Micro is easier to work with, but costs a whopping $8.

Comment

• Couldn't you just use the delay function on the radio for the gear channels? I would set a delay on one channel, and only in the "up" direction, not in the down.

Comment

• Originally posted by HangarQueen View Post
            Couldn't you just use the delay function on the radio for the gear channels? I would set a delay on one channel, and only in the "up" direction, not in the down.
            You would have to have the retracts each on separate cannels.
            AMA 424553

Comment

• Is that not possible with this model?

Comment

Is that not possible with this model?
                Depends on the Tx and Rx you are using, and if you have any accessories that require a channel.

Comment

• The retracts are not normal servos. They don't work that way.

Comment

• Evan,
                    I think you are referring to the "slow" function, while I am talking about a delay? That's how it's called on my radio anyway. You can set a "slow" in either "up" or "down", and the same for a "delay" (in tenths of a second).
                    The "slow" won't work (as well) on retracts because they respond to a "zero-passing", not to an absolute position of the channel. If you program the slow interval long enough, you will have the delay, but at half that interval approximately.
                    I use this delay function all the time to program my own gear door sequencers for instance.

Comment

• Originally posted by kallend View Post

Depends on the Tx and Rx you are using, and if you have any accessories that require a channel.
                      This model is 6 channels, standard? That would still mean less than 8 channels if you separate the retracts?

Comment

• The delay works on both gear at the same time unless they are on separate channels, it's the same if you want you doors to open first, then the gear using the sequence setup, separate channels to achieve hence the sequence board in planes with retracts and doors on one channel.
                        AMA 424553

Comment

• Originally posted by RRHandy View Post
                          The delay works on both gear at the same time unless they are on separate channels, it's the same if you want you doors to open first, then the gear using the sequence setup, separate channels to achieve hence the sequence board in planes with retracts and doors on one channel.
                          Ok, I see that.
                          So you could just disconnect the retracts from the Blue Box, and connect each to a separate channel, then set a delay (or even the slow function might give you the necessary delay more or less) on one of them?
                          I'm clearly overlooking something here....

Comment

• I was referring to the servo slow function. In my radio the only way to do a delay is with the sequencer function, that would work if you put each retract on it's own channel.

Comment

• I haven't tried this ever, but bet you could use the slow function too. It will take a set time to go from one value to another, so that can count as a delay too, as it would delay the zero-crossing moment for your retract to react to.
                              That is, if your radio differentiates between the up and down movement for the slow function?

Comment

• Interesting point. Increase the travel and slow the movement so that it hits the trigger point to extend or retract and different times. If you do try it let us know if that works.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                                  If you do try it let us know if that works.
                                  Don't wait for me, I have the delay function on every channel :-)

Comment

• As my mother would say, there's more than one way to skin a cat.

I chose to do the delay with an inline $4 chip because it was an interesting project and didn't need an extra channel. If you have a channel to spare then by all means use a sequencer or other means to slow triggering one retract. Or not, if it's not important to you.

Comment

• That's where I'm confused; even if you split the retracts over 2 separate channels, you're still at just 7 channels. That still leaves one channel for other accessories. Exactly how many channels are you using for this model?

Comment

That's where I'm confused; even if you split the retracts over 2 separate channels, you're still at just 7 channels. That still leaves one channel for other accessories. Exactly how many channels are you using for this model?
                                        Eight. I would like ten.

Comment

• Can't you use sbus or something similar?
                                          When I'm in need of more than 8 channels, I use either an sbus to ppm converter (4 extra ppm channels per device) or the Redundancy Bus devices to get up to 16 channels. Very flexible system really.

Comment

Working...
                                          X