Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official FlightLine RC 1600mm Spitfire Mk. IX Thread

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RRHandy View Post

Welcome to the Spitfire club.
    Thank you!

Click image for larger version

Name:	14528246_1304065192937498_1608673714_n.jpg
Views:	381
Size:	252.7 KB
ID:	363867

Comment

• For those of you who've flown both, which lands slower... this Spit or the 1.6m Corsair?

Comment

• Spit. You have to be very careful getting the Corsair slow or you’ll be buying replacement retracts.

Comment

• Thanks, Evan.

Speaking of retracts, are the ones in these two planes the kind with a grub-screw or a clamp? I like to adjust for a bit of toe-in.

Comment

• Set screws... On all FreeWing and Flight Line retracts. Fairly easy to slightly grind a change with a dremel.

Comment

• Started with new parts. I did new antenna mast base, rearview mirror and fuel filler cap. One exhaust pipe to see how it fits. Probably all pipes will be trimmed.
              Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Prekin View Post
                Started with new parts. I did new antenna mast base, rearview mirror and fuel filler cap. One exhaust pipe to see how it fits. Probably all pipes will be trimmed.
                PK, great designs and beautiful prints. Looking forward to seeing more of your modifications. Best, LB
                I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Hello all,

I asked customer service, via email, if the decals are now coming pre-installed. They simply quoted from the product page.

Can anyone confirm or deny that the newest stock of the spitfire comes pre-decorated and not just painted ?

RF

Comment

• Originally posted by Red Flyer View Post
                    Hello all,

I asked customer service, via email, if the decals are now coming pre-installed. They simply quoted from the product page.

Can anyone confirm or deny that the newest stock of the spitfire comes pre-decorated and not just painted ?

RF
                    I can confirm, that those are decals.

Comment

• Excellent, thank-you!

RF

Comment

• Fuselage assembled. I hope, that Flightline will get back to the kits without decals. As you can see, the connection of the fuselage and tail is not hidden now.

Name:	thumb_84914.jpg
Views:	300
Size:	3.7 KB
ID:	364163
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Ugly and no more decal set choice

Comment

• Hi,

Anyone happen to have a spinner for one of these? My son biffed his and they're out at Motion. What alternatives work with this plane/motor? TIA for answers or a spinner!

Happy Holidays!

Comment

• My Spitfire is assembled and balanced. All controls set. She is ready for maiden..
                              New fuel filler cap fits great.
                              Anybody knows, why there are Hamilton prop logos on the prop? I suppose, that Spitfre props were not made by Hamilton.

​​​​Click image for larger version  Name:	thumb_85097.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.8 KB ID:	364935Click image for larger version  Name:	thumb_85090.jpg Views:	0 Size:	5.6 KB ID:	364936Click image for larger version  Name:	thumb_85089.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.4 KB ID:	364937Click image for larger version  Name:	thumb_85091.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.2 KB ID:	364938​​​​

Comment

• I have one but shipping would be more than the part...

Originally posted by Shaun Evans View Post
                                Hi,

Anyone happen to have a spinner for one of these? My son biffed his and they're out at Motion. What alternatives work with this plane/motor? TIA for answers or a spinner!

Happy Holidays!

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                                  I have one but shipping would be more than the part...

PM sent

Comment

• Responded

Comment

• Originally posted by Prekin View Post
                                      My Spitfire is assembled and balanced. All controls set. She is ready for maiden..
                                      New fuel filler cap fits great.
                                      Anybody knows, why there are Hamilton prop logos on the prop? I suppose, that Spitfre props were not made by Hamilton.

​​​​Click image for larger version Name:	thumb_85097.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.8 KB ID:	364935Click image for larger version Name:	thumb_85090.jpg Views:	0 Size:	5.6 KB ID:	364936Click image for larger version Name:	thumb_85089.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.4 KB ID:	364937Click image for larger version Name:	thumb_85091.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.2 KB ID:	364938​​​​
                                      They weren't on mine, nor were they with the spares I purchased a while ago, so maybe that's relatively new. Although as I understand it, the Spitfire had 3 blade props manufactured by de Havilland but they had a license from Hamilton.
                                      Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                                      Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post

They weren't on mine, nor were they with the spares I purchased a while ago, so maybe that's relatively new. Although as I understand it, the Spitfire had 3 blade props manufactured by de Havilland but they had a license from Hamilton.
                                        Since Mk.VII there were not 3 blade props.
                                        Nevermind I will replaced them by the labels I did last year for Spitfires.

Name:	thumb_85168.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	4.4 KB
ID:	365124

Comment

• Next year I would like to put my giant scale Spitfire project back on bench. That project needs some new parts. The instrument panel is one of the part which needed revision. In the pictures you can see the IP. It will need some mods on the shape for the FL Spitfire, because the foamy fuselage.

Name:	L1.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	365213Click image for larger version

Name:	L2.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	365214Click image for larger version

Name:	L3.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	83.0 KB