Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wing roundels are done!! I am very happy with the result. Now I can paint invasion stripes.

Click image for larger version

Name:	160.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	377194Click image for larger version

Name:	161.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	377190Click image for larger version

Name:	162.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	377192Click image for larger version

Name:	163.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	377193Click image for larger version

Name:	164.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	237.2 KB
ID:	377195Click image for larger version

Name:	165.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	227.0 KB
ID:	377191

Comment

• Prekin, That will do nicely.

I might have missed a post, for what event are you getting her ready?

Best, LB
      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Thank you LB. You did not miss it. I didn´t mentioned that. I want to visit "Mega cup". Meeting of electric airplanes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Prekin View Post
          Thank you LB. You did not miss it. I didn´t mentioned that. I want to visit "Mega cup". Meeting of electric airplanes.
          Can't wait to see some final finished pics. Looking great here thus far!

Comment

• Fantastic Prekin. Gonna be a winner for sure. Rex

Comment

• Thank you James!
              For today I am done with painting marathon. Here is latest picture of fuselage.
              Tail code needs some minor repair, but it is not difficult. I will repair it on Sunday.

Name:	166.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	115.4 KB
ID:	377209

Comment

• Wings nomenclature is in progress.

Name:	170.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	136.6 KB
ID:	377242Click image for larger version

Name:	171.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	127.6 KB
ID:	377246Click image for larger version

Name:	167.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	106.2 KB
ID:	377243Click image for larger version

Name:	168.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	158.9 KB
ID:	377244Click image for larger version

Name:	169.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	130.6 KB
ID:	377245

Comment

Wings nomenclature is in progress...​
                  PK, "The hits just keep on comin'."

What machine and software are you using to cut your Nomenclature masks?

I've thought about doing something similarly, though finding the correct markings and location data is just half the battle.

Best, LB

~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• LB, I use Stika plotter and Corel for all of our designs. We offer the vectors for free. Feel free to email to our office (info@jpwarbirds.com)

Sad, but very true. The most of damages are caused by manipulation or transport. That was the second damage of my Spitfire. Both caused by manipulation.
                    Repaired in painted in hour.

Name:	173.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	123.7 KB
ID:	377258Click image for larger version

Name:	174.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	101.8 KB
ID:	377257

Comment

• Well, I bought the 1600mm Flightline Spitfire. I'll not be flying it for a while, but at least I have it. The was slight surface damage nothing I'm going to worry about, the decals discolour the camo underneath them, but I'm going to replace them in the distant future after I've had some fun flying it.

Not sure whether I'll keep the blue box, with what I've read about it, but I really do like Grossmans asymmetric undercarriage movement, which as it should be.

I put it together, and everything fitted properly, took the photo, and them packed it away safely back in it's box, till I'm ready and able to fly it, or more importantly land it without breaking it.

Name:	20230513_191133.jpg
Views:	320
Size:	79.4 KB
ID:	377315

Comment

• Originally posted by chabd View Post
                        Well, I bought the 1600mm Flightline Spitfire. I'll not be flying it for a while, but at least I have it. The was slight surface damage nothing I'm going to worry about, the decals discolour the camo underneath them, but I'm going to replace them in the distant future after I've had some fun flying it.

Not sure whether I'll keep the blue box, with what I've read about it, but I really do like Grossmans asymmetric undercarriage movement, which as it should be.

I put it together, and everything fitted properly, took the photo, and them packed it away safely back in it's box, till I'm ready and able to fly it, or more importantly land it without breaking it.

Name:	20230513_191133.jpg
Views:	320
Size:	79.4 KB
ID:	377315
                        She flies like a dream. You will love your Sptifire.
                        Just needs hight rate on EL for taxing.

Comment

• chabd Low rates for flying, you don't want that high rate elevator while flying. I second that, it flies like a dream. Not a hard one to fly, touch and goes nicely, great aerobatics and inverted flight. Great power.

Comment

• chabd , Congrats, you are going to love it. Best, LB
                            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• I did some more painting today. I noticed, that "L" from tail code is too far forward. According to war pictures I had to move the tail code little back. Some pieces of nomenclature added and started painting of invasion stripes.

Name:	175.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	377393Click image for larger version

Name:	176.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	111.1 KB
ID:	377395Click image for larger version

Name:	177.jpg
Size:	119.4 KB
ID:	377398Click image for larger version

Name:	178.jpg
Size:	106.0 KB
ID:	377394Click image for larger version

Name:	179.jpg
Size:	111.0 KB
ID:	377396Click image for larger version

Name:	180.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	104.6 KB
ID:	377397

Comment

• Thanks everyone, I'm looking forward to flying it. Prekin, you are doing an amazing job on your 9!

Roger

Comment

• Word of advice, try the first flight(s) when there is no wind. When landing in a head wind beware, she likes to take off again, there is so much lift in those wings. Otherwise she's a great airplane. BTW, watch your CG, it's critical.

Grossman56
                                  Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by chabd View Post
                                    Thanks everyone, I'm looking forward to flying it. Prekin, you are doing an amazing job on your 9!

Roger
                                    Just to chime in i agree, not to much elev when flying but can nose over on grass when taxiing.. i dont do 2 rates,, but good travel and lots a expo... just find it simpler ,, than 2 rates... as said fline fwing flys on rails... f35 i stuggled.... me im sure

Comment

• Tail code and all roundels are done!!! Not sure how about you all, but the painted details look much better to me than some decals. Let’s finish invasion stripes and some small details.

Name:	181.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	103.5 KB
ID:	377533Click image for larger version

Name:	182.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	377530Click image for larger version

Name:	183.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	116.8 KB
ID:	377532Click image for larger version

Name:	184.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	104.4 KB
ID:	377531

Comment

...[all] the painted details look much better to me than some decals.​
                                        PK, there is no comparison, really. Bravo Zulu, Sir. Best, LB
                                        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Thank you LB. I did also another fast paint job minutes ago. That´s all for today.

Name:	185.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	159.1 KB
ID:	377540

Comment

Working...
                                          X