X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sngecko View Post
    I can definitely make a model and print it myself! The link to thingiverse is definitely a different plane, but thanks for reminding me that I already have this skill…duh
    I added a cannon to my collection of Spitfire parts:

Miscellaneous plastic parts for the Fliteline 1600mm Spitfire. The wheel/leg door is for one side - you will need to make a mirror image for the other side. The upper screw boss is separate for ease of printing, just CA it into the recess in the door. if you use PLA then you can bend the gear door in hot water to exactly fit the contour of your wing (which is more than can be said of the stock door). The mirror has a redundant piece to support it during printing. This was needed on my inexpensive printer

Comment

• Originally posted by Simon Bee View Post
      Flying today and the grass was very wet and soft. Unfortunately my Spit tipped on its nose at full power and I think the bearings have gone in the motor because there is a slight wobble on the prop shaft and a knocking noise at high power.
      Can the bearings (or whatever it is) be replaced or is it a new motor 😫😫😫
      I'd suspect a bent shaft, but hard to know without seeing it.

Comment

• Originally posted by kallend View Post

I'd suspect a bent shaft, but hard to know without seeing it.
        oK thanks, are they easy enough to take to bits.
        I see there’s a split pin at the back of the motor, does that allow the shaft to be removed?
        sorry, I mean clip not split pin

Comment

• Yes remove the clip, check for thin washers. And pull the halves apart.

Comment

• My Spit nosed over during take off when the grass was too wet and soggy. Since then it’s been making this knocking noise at high power settings. I thought the bearings must have gone in the motor, but I’ve tried it with another club member’s motor and it ‘knocks’ with that motor too. So I’m now wondering about the ESC, would the ESC cause the motor to make a knocking noise ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Simon Bee View Post
              My Spit nosed over during take off when the grass was too wet and soggy. Since then it’s been making this knocking noise at high power settings. I thought the bearings must have gone in the motor, but I’ve tried it with another club member’s motor and it ‘knocks’ with that motor too. So I’m now wondering about the ESC, would the ESC cause the motor to make a knocking noise ?
              I wouldn't think so. Did you check the prop balance after the prop strike?

Comment

• Originally posted by kallend View Post

I wouldn't think so. Did you check the prop balance after the prop strike?
                Thanks for the reply. A friend of mine has a Hobbywing ESC programmer and when he connected my ESC and motor to it, it showed the timing set to Low. He changed it to Medium and the knocking and hunting at high revs has gone, so hopefully it’s now sorted.

Comment

• you sure you don't have a loose magnet in the motor?
                  Platt: fw190d9 Dynaflite:PT-19 IMP:Macchi202 ESM:fw190 ESM:Tank, Hien Jackson:DH-2 BH:macchi200 Extr:fw190 Holman:me109F H9spit2 FL:F4u,spit 9 FW:me262 GP:us60, Stuka, cub, F4u PZ:me109, albi EF Hurri, T-28 FMS: 2x fw190, me109 Lone Star:Skat Kat RSCombat:2xfw190d9

Comment

• But it was set to LOW before the prop strike and it didn't do the "knock" before. Changing the timing to something else may just be masking what is really wrong. I'm guessing a damaged prop/prop assembly, or damaged motor mount.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                      But it was set to LOW before the prop strike and it didn't do the "knock" before. Changing the timing to something else may just be masking what is really wrong. I'm guessing a damaged prop/prop assembly, or damaged motor mount.
                      Thanks for the reply

I’ve put a new motor in it and it was still doing it with the new motor and that’s when I decided to have a look at the timings and suspect it was the ESC. The motor as well as knocking was slightly hunting at high revs. That’s all gone away since I changed it from Low to High

Comment

• Originally posted by sngecko View Post
                        If anyone knows where I can buy one or more of the plastic 20mm cannons for this plane, I’m in the market. I just discovered that MotionRC is out of stock. I lost one this season. If you have an extra, I’d be happy to pay.
                        I've got a set sitting around, PM me and I'll send them to you if you live in the USA, if not, I'll need money for postage.

Grossman56
                        Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post

I've got a set sitting around, PM me and I'll send them to you if you live in the USA, if not, I'll need money for postage.

Grossman56
                          Anyone needing a cannon that has a 3D printer, see:

Miscellaneous plastic parts for the Fliteline 1600mm Spitfire. The wheel/leg door is for one side - you will need to make a mirror image for the other side. The upper screw boss is separate for ease of printing, just CA it into the recess in the door. if you use PLA then you can bend the gear door in hot water to exactly fit the contour of your wing (which is more than can be said of the stock door). The mirror has a redundant piece to support it during printing. This was needed on my inexpensive printer

Comment

• Elbee
                            Elbee commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Kallend, thank you sharing your Spitfire STL Files. Those are great designs and the most needed parts. Best, LB

• my spit has picked up a tail wagg. when holding the wing the bottom facing me i can move the empennage left and right pretty easily. i take the wing off and it still moves pretty easy but no cracks or anything out of place. any one seen this before i glue the wing to the fuse in that area?

Joe
                          Platt: fw190d9 Dynaflite:PT-19 IMP:Macchi202 ESM:fw190 ESM:Tank, Hien Jackson:DH-2 BH:macchi200 Extr:fw190 Holman:me109F H9spit2 FL:F4u,spit 9 FW:me262 GP:us60, Stuka, cub, F4u PZ:me109, albi EF Hurri, T-28 FMS: 2x fw190, me109 Lone Star:Skat Kat RSCombat:2xfw190d9

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post

Grossman56
                            Sent. Thanks.

Comment

• The grass was wet and ground very soft. During take off the wheels dug in and the Spit dug in its prop at high power.
                              Next flight the Spit motor made a high pitched whine and a knocking noise at high power. It was also so underpowered I nearly stalled it on take off.
                              I bought a new motor because I thought it must have damaged it, but still the same problem. I never thought it could be the ESC but after 2 weeks of head scratching I decided to change it. Now it’s as good as new and back to full power. So lesson learnt, tipping over on to the prop can damage your ESC.

Comment

• Merry Xmas to me!!!! Starting new winter project in days!! I will see what mods I will do on that Spitfire.
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	323
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	363735Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	318
Size:	114.7 KB
ID:	363736

Comment

• 👍 Mine looked so gorgeous after I’d built it, I didn’t want to spoil it by flying it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Prekin View Post
                                    Merry Xmas to me!!!! Starting new winter project in days!! I will see what mods I will do on that Spitfire.]
                                    PK, a dog, you lucky guy, I asked for one, too. Merry Christmas, my friend. Best, LB
                                    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Just checked the Spitfire. Nicely packed as usually we see at FL kits. I expected, that Spitfire comes with decals on extra sheet same as B-24. What a shame, that all decals are placed on. I will have to remove them. Not sure if it will peel of paints. I will replaced some parts such as exhaust stacks, trim rods, probably 20mm Hispano cannons...
                                      Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Prekin View Post
                                        Just checked the Spitfire. Nicely packed as usually we see at FL kits. I expected, that Spitfire comes with decals on extra sheet same as B-24. What a shame, that all decals are placed on. I will have to remove them. Not sure if it will peel of paints. I will replaced some parts such as exhaust stacks, trim rods, probably 20mm Hispano cannons...
                                        Welcome to the Spitfire club.
                                        AMA 424553

Comment

Working...
                                        X