• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by paladin View Post
    Either would have worked. Joe
    Welcome to the Squawk Joe. Good to have another Aeros member here:Cool:. tj

Comment

• Thank you XVIPER2 for the advice concerning the failsafe.
      Today i had some time to instal and test the elctronics. I have some delay of 3 sec. with the landing gears, does somebody notice this also? and the upper white light don't flash , it stays steady. Will this flash when i'm connecting all the wires to the blue box?

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post

Hey Flyer Phil, did those prop decals come with the plane ? I haven't seen them yet. Or did you print them up yourself? Brad
        I ordered the Spitfire 1/7 scale nomenclature from Callie Graphics...

Custom Graphics for your R/C Models! Choose from stock sets or request a quote for a custom scheme.
        The home hangar seems to breed!!

Comment

• Hey franky i havnt hooked mine ip yet but if you ho to Captain Rayns build video he states that all the wires have to be pluged in before they work.Maybe in your case you need to trya different port.
          Dewey l

Comment

• Boy my phone is acting up. What i type and it post is different. Hope you could make out what came up Franky. Sorry:Confused:
            Dewey l

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post
              Here's a vid of my maiden of the Spitfire this last Saturday. Had to make the landing without flaps due to a way wrong mix with elevator. Started with 5% down and it looks like it's going to be 15% up before it's over. I can't post the link from my work computer but if you go to BP's Spitfire on youtube, it will come up. Maybe someone else can post the link after watching it. My friend Carlos did the video on his cell phone and added the music, Brad
              Beautiful first flight Brad- well done! :Cool:
              Tom

Comment

• Originally posted by franky View Post
                Today i had some time to instal and test the elctronics. I have some delay of 3 sec. with the landing gears, does somebody notice this also? and the upper white light don't flash , it stays steady. Will this flash when i'm connecting all the wires to the blue box?
                If you look at the demo video, you will see that the gear has a delay of ~3 seconds. That's normal. Certain things on these planes (like servos and lights) get their power from that control box. The control box gets its power from the RX. Depending on how the control box is wired, stuff is powered from different leads coming from the RX. Lights coming on and flashing is done in the control box. If you are testing the lights with outside power or testing when not all of the connections are made, things may not work as they should. I also caution you about testing stuff like lights from outside power sources (like a servo tester or a receiver pack). This method can fry LEDs very easily as they aren't being provided with the correct amount of voltage.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper2 View Post
                  If you look at the demo video, you will see that the gear has a delay of ~3 seconds. That's normal. Certain things on these planes (like servos and lights) get their power from that control box. The control box gets its power from the RX. Depending on how the control box is wired, stuff is powered from different leads coming from the RX. Lights coming on and flashing is done in the control box. If you are testing the lights with outside power or testing when not all of the connections are made, things may not work as they should. I also caution you about testing stuff like lights from outside power sources (like a servo tester or a receiver pack). This method can fry LEDs very easily as they aren't being provided with the correct amount of voltage.
                  Yep! Agreed. The LED's are supposedly (from the directions I've had) are for voltages between 3.5-4.5. People could be testing these out with the typical 4.8V-6V and burning the lights out.

Comment

• Pretty cool phil, I'm guessing mine are in the mail? ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogo View Post

Beautiful first flight Brad- well done! :Cool:
                      Tom
                      Thanks Tom, coming from you, that means allot...thanks to Aros as well, might be the first takeoff, flight, and landing that worked out O.K. knowing there was a video camera on. Have to admit there was a bounce and go and landing abort that wound up on "the cutting room floor":Loser: Brad

Comment

• Originally posted by Flyer Phill View Post

I ordered the Spitfire 1/7 scale nomenclature from Callie Graphics...

https://callie-graphics.com/collecti...e-nomenclature
                        Thanks for the info, Brad BTW,a little surprised that the prop decals weren't included like the P-38 and others.....greatly prefer the water transfers so you can move them exactly where you want.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dewey H Lee View Post
                          Boy my phone is acting up. What i type and it post is different. Hope you could make out what came up Franky. Sorry:Confused:
                          Thank you Dewey, No problem with your typing :Cool: I saw the video of Ryan and i will hooke all the wires before power it up, thats could be the problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper2 View Post
                            Thank you, clear explanation, i'm keep learning here.

Comment

• Hey all, i'm thinking about making the finish of the plane have more of a slight shine to it, like this spitfire instead of dull foam. The product i'm thinking of using is Minwax Polycrylic waterbased clear Matte.
                              Attached Files

Comment

• I'd suggest the UV resistant Polycrylic
                                ---
                                Warbirder

Comment

• I think I'm going to try this spray: https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/rc...-acrylic-spray

Comment

• Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post

Welcome to the Squawk Joe. Good to have another Aeros member here:Cool:. tj
                                    thanks Tony

good 2 b here
                                    Platt: fw190d9 Dynaflite:PT-19 IMP:Macchi202 ESM:fw190 ESM:Tank, Hien Jackson:DH-2 BH:macchi200 Extr:fw190 Holman:me109F H9spit2 FL:F4u,spit 9 FW:me262 GP:us60, Stuka, cub, F4u PZ:me109, albi EF Hurri, T-28 FMS: 2x fw190, me109 Lone Star:Skat Kat RSCombat:2xfw190d9

Comment

• Got my Spit in the mail today. I've got it mostly assembled and started putting on the markings. Waiting for batteries to arrive.

Comment

• Originally posted by radfordc View Post
                                        Got my Spit in the mail today. I've got it mostly assembled and started putting on the markings. Waiting for batteries to arrive.
                                        Welcome to Hobby Squawk Radfordc. Hope it all goes smoothly! :Cool:

Comment

• Grey Nurse is progressing well, the finishing on this model is exceptional, beautiful hinging! Thanks again Flightlinerc!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                          X