Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mine shipped out today!; per Motion RC. Today, I was (finally) putting the guts back into (replacement fuse) my last years 57" FMS P51 that had a prop hub failure and a "big-crash", and decided to check my in box. Sure enough...my new 63" Spit was shipped today. Think I'll just go with the George B. look. I was watching a; RAF history DVD. while working on the 'Mustang and they said George had "classic sociopathic personality disorder" and THAT is what made him so deadly in his Spit against the Luftwaffe, in that; he cared little for nor wanted to do much of anything, other than "hunt nazi pilots & aircraft" and "fly into combat". I was born too late in the 20th century! I would have certainly been willing to, "give-it-a-go!"
    Got my latest copy of 'Kitplanes" today, and they are showcasing the Titan T-51, and now offering a B model option as well as the D. Even as "affordable" as a finished kit is, compared to owning and operating a full size original P51...its' still out of my budget and time commitment, @ finished and nicely equipped price of "around $100K and build time of approx. 1600 hrs." Now THAT...my brothers is a "project". I will just have to be happy and satisfied with my little 140 mph Experimental Sonerai 2L. It DOES kinda look and fly a bit like a WW2 fighter. Rated to 6+ & 4- g at min. gross weight. A "poor-mans fighter plane". Power to the Sport Pilot!...and the RC Pilot as well!

Comment

• Spare parts are up at MRC!

Comment

• Got my shipping notice too! Jerries at 9o'clock, tally ho. (Well, no jerries cause flightline still haven't built me a nice 109 yet, but here's hoping. Can't have a spitty and not have a 109...) ;)

Comment

• shipping notice for me!!! Too bad I won't be able to enjoy it for another two months :Angry: Soon though.....soon.
          Models current and qualified on!: Freewing; 90mm F-16, 80mm Mig-21, A-4, F-14, F-5, L-39, P-51 / Flexinnovation flexjet / HSD; 105mm F-16 / Flightline 1600mm Spitfire, B-24 / FMS; P-40b, F4U Corsair, Beaver (painted as an Army U-6), /Eflite; Carbon Z T-28, V900, P2 Prometheus, Pitts S1, umx Pitts, Champ, umx B-17, and a bunch of other small bits and bobs from hobbyking.

Comment

• Arrives Tomorrow! Already got my Callie Graphics, a couple more Revolectrix batteries, and assorted Tamiya paints. Sunday is supposed to storm so building it is!

Comment

• Originally posted by racerx600rr View Post
              shipping notice for me!!! Too bad I won't be able to enjoy it for another two months :Angry: Soon though.....soon.
              Just make it home safe brother

Comment

• I'm also in, got Tracking number from Raymond and the black box is shipped from HK :) Next week is building time and the weekend after the first squadron Spitties will takeoff in formation :spitfire
                Whats the goal pilots?

Comment

• Ryan, how many lights are there? I see the nav lights on the tips and the top fuselage beacon. Anymore?

Comment

• Man this waiting is killing me. Just one more day. Ive not been this excited over a plane in a long time. Most of the time my orders show up a day earlie but i see it just left west carrollton ohio this morning at 7:52. It will hit Fayetteville NC tonight and be on the truck in the morning. Im normally one of the last delivers on the route so after 6 pm tomorrow.:Angry:.
                    Dewey l

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post

Just make it home safe brother
                      Thanks brother. will do.
                      Models current and qualified on!: Freewing; 90mm F-16, 80mm Mig-21, A-4, F-14, F-5, L-39, P-51 / Flexinnovation flexjet / HSD; 105mm F-16 / Flightline 1600mm Spitfire, B-24 / FMS; P-40b, F4U Corsair, Beaver (painted as an Army U-6), /Eflite; Carbon Z T-28, V900, P2 Prometheus, Pitts S1, umx Pitts, Champ, umx B-17, and a bunch of other small bits and bobs from hobbyking.

Comment

• Mine was delivered today, Callie graphics are going on tonight!

Comment

• Sweet!
                          My YouTube RC videos:
                          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Oh man, lucky you! Mine won't show up for another couple days. Page says Wednesday but sometimes they show a day early so here's hoping for tomorrow!

Comment

• Mine arrived today. Its at home. I am in Corpus Christi which is not at home. Its going to be like Christmas in July when I get home. The spitfire, the Tigercat. Both waiting patiently for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by benjack71 View Post
                                What do you guys think about this for a cockpit kit?
                                http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...BoC8UwQAvD_BwE
                                Looks like it would be a good start. Good thing you dont live in California. According to that ad working on model airplanes causes cancer! :Silly:

Comment

• Of course wiping your butt in California causes cancer as well. So the study says. Ha!

Comment

• Actually, I heard somewhere that just living in California can be hazardous to your health !!LOL

Grossman56
                                    Team Gross!

Comment

• Yup, it is tough living here in Cali. Only 350 good flying days per year.
                                      Yield to temptation. It may not pass your way again.
                                      R. A. Heinlein

Comment

• I get mine on Thursday. Weather is OH so friendly right now for flying. Maiden likely Friday evening or so. Can't wait!!
                                        My YouTube RC videos:
                                        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Working...
                                        X