And this one...

Great video, looks like a great flyer.

Comment

• Can't wait to get mine!!!
        ---
        Warbirder

Comment

• Originally posted by Ryan@Motion/ryramZ View Post

Hey Tony. I set the timer for 5 minutes of hard flying and still come down at between 30 and 40% or around 3.8 a cell. If I take it easy and just scale fly and stay in the pattern shooting landings I can safely get 8 minutes and have the same results. Super efficient!
          Hi Ryan,
          Can you tell me the weight of the 5000 lipo and where did you place it, almost forward, middle? Is it possible to use heavier packs, Thank you

Comment

• Originally posted by franky View Post

Hi Ryan,
            Can you tell me the weight of the 5000 lipo and where did you place it, almost forward, middle? Is it possible to use heavier packs, Thank you
            He mentioned in the video "5000 all the way forward" :Cool:

Comment

• The reason i'm asking that because i'm planning to order some 920 gr. lipos and i don't know if this will influence the CG.

Comment

The reason i'm asking that because i'm planning to order some 920 gr. lipos and i don't know if this will influence the CG.
                Oh I see!

This is the one he uses in the video (Admiral 5000mah), if yours is 920g its almost double the 5000. What brand is that? Seems very heavy. The Admiral Specs are below,
                Weight 482g / 1lb, 3.80oz
                Length 155mm / 6.10in
                Width 46mm / 1.81in
                Height 30.25mm /1 .19in
                Wire Gauge 12
                ESC Connector XT60 Connector

5000mAh 4S 40C LiPo Battery with XT60 Connector from Admiral - EPR50004X6

Comment

• Originally posted by Plastic_Aviator View Post
                  Pulled this video from someone on the RCGroups pages for this bird. The pilot really tones down the flight for a sweet scale appearance. Enjoy!
                  Hello Antony and thanks , I have never seen/flown a Spitfire in this category so far ... stall testing and the RC pilot is impeccable ;)

Comment

The reason i'm asking that because i'm planning to order some 920 gr. lipos and i don't know if this will influence the CG.
                    franky,

Watching these two videos Ryan has his Admiral 5000's all the way forward. As you can see on the first video there is PLENTY of room to move a heavier battery aft if it's needed.

Watch this video at 00:00:52
                    FlightLine RC’s 1600mm wingspan Spitfire Mk.IXc is approximately 1/7 scale and an entirely larger beast with all the bells and whistles we’ve come to expect ...

Watch at 00:05:20

Comment

• Originally posted by MesRcPilot View Post

Hello Antony and thanks , I have never seen/flown a Spitfire in this category so far ... stall testing and the RC pilot is impeccable ;)
                      Video is called Grass field ops and stall tests. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaSRaPTpIsI&t=17s

Comment

• So much "tag team support" on these forums. I love it! :Cool:

Comment

Oh I see!

This is the one he uses in the video (Admiral 5000mah), if yours is 920g its almost double the 5000. What brand is that? Seems very heavy. The Admiral Specs are below,
                          Weight 482g / 1lb, 3.80oz
                          Length 155mm / 6.10in
                          Width 46mm / 1.81in
                          Height 30.25mm /1 .19in
                          Wire Gauge 12
                          ESC Connector XT60 Connector
                          Don't want to be a picker of nits but I believe this Spit uses a 6s battery and a 5000mah, 6s is around 730g. So, he's only about 200 grams more. I think such a battery would easily work if it's shoved back further since Ryan says his 5000mah was all the way forward.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper2 View Post
                            Don't want to be a picker of nits but...
                            Too late

hahaha LOL:):Cool:

In all seriousness though, you are correct in that it is not much over. I wasn't telling him he couldnt, just passing along the Admiral info. Apologies if it came across that way, Franky :spitfire

Comment

• Originally posted by Ryan@Motion/ryramZ View Post

Video is called Grass field ops and stall tests. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaSRaPTpIsI&t=17s
                              Thanks Ryan, I like the ability to watch all the tests ... and especially when the ratings are very similar.

Comment

Too late

hahaha LOL:):Cool:

In all seriousness though, you are correct in that it is not much over. I wasn't telling him he couldnt, just passing along the Admiral info. Apologies if it came across that way, Franky :spitfire
                                No big deal, first i was confused about the 4S story but than i download the manual and it was recommend as 6S, Thats why i was intend to order the heavier packs. Maybe 6000 lipos for longer flighttimes,
                                although the 5000 flighttimes are nice. I'm only doubting about the width cause idon't want to cut the foam. Anyway thanks for support.

Comment

• Just got THE email... my Spit has shipped. Whoooo Hooooo!!!

Achtung, Spitfire!!
                                  ---
                                  Warbirder

Comment

• My Spit arrives Tuesday next week and my Avanti gets here today.

Comment

• Originally posted by cruiser View Post
                                      My Spit arrives Tuesday next week and my Avanti gets here today.
                                      TALLY-HO! :spitfire:spitfire

Spitfires on the way! :)

Comment

• :spitfireGot my shipping notice as well. Yee Haw!

Comment

• You guys are going to love it! Can't wait to see you all get your hands on it.

Comment

Working...
                                          X