Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks awesome Pogo, I love the door, I'll have to get up the nerve to try that. I'm thinking of the sliding canopy mechanism off the FW P-51 as I have a couple of those kicking around. should be able to modify the Spitty with that.

Grossman56
    Team Gross!

Comment

• Thanks Grossman- just put a new blade in your hobby knife and go for it! :Cool:
      Tom

Comment

• I forgot to mention that the panel lines for the door can be followed as is as they seem quite accurate, which speaks well for the team that developed this model. It's so nice to just add to what is already so well done.
        Tom

Comment

• I hear you!!
          Such a beautiful airplane!!

Grossman56
          Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogo View Post
            While setting up the servos etc., plugging and unplugging the battery, the ESC started failing to initialize (with the beep sequence) intermittently and now seems to have quit for good. If any throttle at these times was applied a nasty knocking came from the motor, making me think timing to the motor was messing up. When the initialization was normal though the motor ran fine, so I don't think it's that. I don't recall seeing ESC problems mentioned but has anyone encountered this? I have a ticket in with MRC so hope to hear from them soon.
            Tom
            Just wanted to tell you all that Wayne at Motion contacted me today, a replacement ESC is being sent out. Great service, and it's why we buy from these guys, right? :Cool:
            Tom

Comment

• Good to hear, and yes, that's precisely why I personally go to Motion R/C first.

Grossman56
              Team Gross!

Comment

• Finished wiring up the pilot this morning and made a little video:
                Flightline 1600 mm Spitfire from Motion RC. The pilot figure is from Warbirdpilots.com and can be ordered with the servo operated head function. I did the co...

Tom

Comment

• Really cool Pogo!!
                  We are finally looking like Spring in the Rockies!
                  Got the Spitfire out in the sun for taxi tests, I want to ensure that the tail wheel is tracking straight, a couple of adjustments and some pics of course!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2081.JPG
Views:	393
Size:	154.1 KB
ID:	123558Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2083.JPG
Views:	359
Size:	128.3 KB
ID:	123559Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2084.JPG
Views:	366
Size:	169.7 KB
ID:	123560

Name:	IMG_2085.JPG
Views:	390
Size:	150.7 KB
ID:	123561

So ready for the air, now time to get the pilot up to par, after a long Winter of no flying, gotta get back in the swing of things!!

Grossman56
                  Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                    Really cool Pogo!!
                    We are finally looking like Spring in the Rockies!
                    Got the Spitfire out in the sun for taxi tests, I want to ensure that the tail wheel is tracking straight, a couple of adjustments and some pics of course!

Name:	IMG_2081.JPG
Views:	393
Size:	154.1 KB
ID:	123558Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2083.JPG
Views:	359
Size:	128.3 KB
ID:	123559Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2084.JPG
Views:	366
Size:	169.7 KB
ID:	123560

Name:	IMG_2085.JPG
Views:	390
Size:	150.7 KB
ID:	123561

So ready for the air, now time to get the pilot up to par, after a long Winter of no flying, gotta get back in the swing of things!!

Grossman56
                    Very nice Gman! I've found that after the number of years experience that we have its not really a big deal getting back in the saddle, but you still have those first nervous moments the first flight. Good flying!

Roy B.

Comment

• I hear you, I actually flew last weekend with the Tigercat and did okay. Had to try the new motors in her and they worked great. Got batteries all charged up for the Bearcat and the E Flite Spitty so I'm hoping for tomorrow.
                      About an hour after I took those pics, it clouded over and the temp dropped. We got a light dusting of corn snow and it was all melted in the next hour and the sun was back out, welcome to Wyoming!!:Dizzy:

Grossman56
                      Team Gross!

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	depositphotos_132377148-stock-illustration-emoticon-wearing-cowboy-hat.jpg
Views:	528
Size:	21.0 KB
ID:	123679
                        Or should I say????
                        Team Gross!

Comment

• Flew mine today in some light winds early on. Great to get back into a Spitfire!

Comment

• Just playing around with the rudder position on mine. Getting her ready for the first warm day. The cooler air right now is pretty bouncy, so I'm sticking to the familiar planes right now. So far so good.

Grossman56
                            Team Gross!

Comment

• Maiden flight happened today. I lost orientation twice due to a blue gray sky lol....this flys like a charm. I really think I'm going to have to paint the bottom of the wings bright red to keep me focused lol.

Comment

• That's a good looking bird there. The more I see this the more I want it. I haven't ever flown a 6s plane. I feel like I would be ready for it. I've got the Dynam P47 and the FW 190 and pretty successful with all basic warbird maneuvers. Just wonder if I would be ready for a plane like this.
                                Still Learning:D

Comment

• Don't know until you try... ;)

dont see why not, all the principles are the same. Just be aware it will be a bit heavier than you are used to, so keep a little throttle on when landing and watch your decent rate closely. Otherwise, go for it I say.

Comment

• I just may have to give it a try. One of the first things I'm going to do is upgrade a radio. I fly mostly Tactic and do have a DX6i, but want to go to a DX8 G2 and would love to have the Cirrus. I know the Spitfire here is soon to come. Thanks
                                    Still Learning:D

Comment

• Originally posted by BrandonTW82 View Post
                                      Maiden flight happened today. I lost orientation twice due to a blue gray sky lol....this flys like a charm. I really think I'm going to have to paint the bottom of the wings bright red to keep me focused lol.
                                      BrandonTW82: I have the same problem in almost all colored skies, so I added some yellow wing tips, elevator tips and rudder paint on the top along with a red spinner and red tips on the underside with some red/white checker board. Makes a huge difference for me in any background. Did some of the same on my Flightline B-24 that you can see in post#1036.
                                      Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                                      Hangar: Mig 29 "Cobra", 8S EuroFighter-Bronze Tiger, A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, 8S F16 Wild Weasel, 8S F4 Jolly Rodgers & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, B-24, Stinger 90, Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 62" Extra 300, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, 62" Edge Demonstrator. FMS-SU-30,1700mm P-51, Corsair, Viper, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P51.

Comment

• Some early Spitfires had the bottom surface painted half white and half black.

Comment

• Had anyone color matched the green and gray stock camo? Really having trouble with the green gor 5ouch up spots.

Comment

Working...
                                          X