X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dewey H Lee View Post
    Oh yea im sorry i forgot. Your welcome to come out anytime someone is there or get up with me and ill meet you out there. The poly reason someone has to be there is because we have a cable and lock across the entrance to the field.:)
    Ya, that's me. I will let you know what time I plan to get out there when I figure it out.

Comment

2fewdaysatflyingfield check around and get you a thread file or an auto parts place and get a inexpensive ta and die set. You want regret it in this hobby.:Cool:
      I do have a tap and die set but the shaft is actually slightly bent on the end as well. If it was steel I would cut it off and clean it up with the die but I'd be afraid to only have 7 or 8 threads holding that prop on with aluminum.

Comment

• For those wanting to see how the prop was improved...

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170726_175410247_iOS.jpg
Views:	506
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	89469

Name:	20170726_175440974_iOS.jpg
Views:	480
Size:	99.5 KB
ID:	89468
        TiredIron Aviation
        Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Day 369:

Maidened the Spitfire today, CG at 90mm, no trim, flys perfect...another winner from Flightline and Motion RC.

Name:	20170726_182710999_iOS.jpg
Views:	555
Size:	163.2 KB
ID:	89477
          TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
            Day 369:

Maidened the Spitfire today, CG at 90mm, no trim, flys perfect...another winner from Flightline and Motion RC.

Name:	20170726_182710999_iOS.jpg
Views:	555
Size:	163.2 KB
ID:	89477
            Did you have to add any weight to get CG?

Comment

Hey Scamp i know you. :Ligthbulb:I was putting up sideing last year right across the field from where yall fly. I believe i am talking to Dan. You gave me permission to fly after work while we were in the area. Its good to put a face and name with a fellow skauwker. Hows it been.:)
              4:30-5pm range I should be at Piedmont.

Comment

• TI.....thanx for the pic of the prop assembly. That cross brace is great and finally captive nuts on the back plate similar to like FMS did.
                Would like to buy that cross brace separately (for some mods to my FMS stuff) but it isn't listed nor is it shown with the props or the spinner/hub. What's up with that :Confused:
                I can see it now....... someone wads the prop assembly with a ground strike and mangles the blades/spinner and cross brace.:Scared:
                What does that person do when he orders the props and spinner and has no cross brace :Angry:

MOTION?????.....
                Warbird Charlie
                HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Day 369:

What size battery did you use? I think Ryan mentioned in the video he was using a 5000 all the way forward.

Comment

For those wanting to see how the prop was improved...

Name:	20170726_175410247_iOS.jpg
Views:	506
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	89469

Name:	20170726_175440974_iOS.jpg
Views:	480
Size:	99.5 KB
ID:	89468
                    Hi TiredironGRB , Very useful professional engineering performance...thanks so much.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scamp73 View Post

Did you have to add any weight to get CG?

Nope, I'm using a new Admiral 6S 5000 and lining up the end of the battery with the front of the hatch opening.

Name:	20170726_152120000_iOS.jpg
Views:	544
Size:	115.0 KB
ID:	89489
                      TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Received mine today and had a quick inspection, not build yet. Overall a beauty and heavy and big. But i want to know if the other pilots have the next issues:
                        The 2 Right screws to mount the motor are a bit larger then the Left ones. Of the Left flap the little flap near the fuse don't close tight to the wing, there is a gap of 1-2mm and the hinges are not so flex
                        as the other wing, Maybe thats the problem but now i don't know how to make the hinge more flex.
                        The elevator hinges are also stiffer, don't understand why they have a foam connection, while the wings haven't. And in the connection line of the elevator and flap (above) there is no spray paint.
                        Thats my quick first inspection, like to hear other experiences, thank you.

Comment

• Also i forgot to ask, must i pull the two elevator halves with force from each other? They seems very tight, i'm afraid to damage something.

Comment

• Originally posted by franky View Post
                            Also i forgot to ask, must i pull the two elevator halves with force from each other? They seems very tight, i'm afraid to damage something.
                            There's some friction, but they'll pull apart.
                            ---
                            Warbirder

Comment

• Grossman, here's a project for you..

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_14238.jpg Views:	1 Size:	139.0 KB ID:	89523

Comment

• Got my first 3 flights in today at the Spitfire. Pretty non eventful excluding I confirmed you do need an elevator mix on your flaps although the plane lands easily without the flaps. Grass take off and landings were very easy even with a pretty stiff cross wind. Plane is no rocket ship but I would say very scale speed and good vertical. I would post my vid of my initial take off if I could figure out how....

Comment

• I was surprised to see that the eight prop bolts are 3/32 vs some metric size. Just an observation....

Comment

• Dang thats strange.
                                    Dewey l

Comment

• I just weighed the blades on Spit #1 and I was pleasantly surprised at how close they all came out.

19.67g-303.5grn
                                      19.63g-302.9grn
                                      19.63g-302.9grn
                                      19.59g-302.3grn

That's the most closely matched set of these multi blade prop assemblies I've ever had. Now to get the assembly together and see how it balances out.

Comment

• My Spit is now ready for action. I did the Johnnie Johnson JE-J livery. The wrong plane number came with the decal set; so, Callie is making me another one. I don't like water-slide decals. So, I've got a vinyl nomenclature set on order from Callie, too.

Name:	IMG_5427.JPG
Views:	494
Size:	89.1 KB
ID:	89579
                                        ---
                                        Warbirder

Comment

• Nice pics fellas. Who's going to be first to do some invasion stripes?

Comment

Working...
                                          X