Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yikes! I hate the wind. We get a lot of that in the Spring here.

Comment

Can you believe it, it's 55 degrees outside and the snow is melting so fast you can almost see it. Of course the wind is up as well, but who cares, I SEE GRELOLEN!!!
      :Sleeping2:ofspitfiresoon!!
      Click image for larger version

Name:	image_2676.gif
Views:	469
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	61661
      Team Gross!

Comment

I think dkalwishky will win. I've never seen a warmer winter here. Well.. except for the WIND! Doc

Comment

Just received my Dynam Waco. Wow! It's big and beautiful! No factory applied decals. Great! My mind is abuzz working on my paint scheme. Only cons are... the horizontal stab is warped and the elevator just snapped off. Pin hinges or E6000. Not sure yet. Every Dynam plane I have bought has had warped wings and/ or stabs. When I get replacements, they are warped exactly the same. Must be in the molds. If you want their great scale atributes you have to deal with warps, bad foam hinges, prop shafts snapping off when you simply tighten them, etc. etc. For the most part I am very happy with it. I hope it will have enough power to fly at 7000 ft. Doc Oh...WARNING! Put Foam Tac or E6000 on all your foam hinges!!! :Loser: Addition....... What's with the red landing lights and clear navigation lights?!!!! I guess they just grab some lights from a pile and slap 'em in.:Confused:Doc

Comment

Can you use a 3 cell in this?

Comment

Originally posted by SfC Wade View Post
              Can you use a 3 cell in this?
              NO...........would require you change out the motor to a higher kV
              Warbird Charlie
              HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

OV10 is right on the money, we highly recommend flying the Dynam Waco with its recommended 4s battery.
                Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Thanks Guys! 4 Cell Roger That!:Cool:

Comment

In a crazy series of weather I'll be maidening tomorrow. It hit 75 today in Iowa.

Comment

Originally posted by dkalwishky View Post
                      In a crazy series of weather I'll be maidening tomorrow. It hit 75 today in Iowa.
                      Good luck with the maiden. You're going to like how she flys. Send some of that weather our way.

Comment

Originally posted by doctormike View Post
                        Just received my Dynam Waco. Wow! It's big and beautiful! No factory applied decals. Great! My mind is abuzz working on my paint scheme. Only cons are... the horizontal stab is warped and the elevator just snapped off. Pin hinges or E6000. Not sure yet. Every Dynam plane I have bought has had warped wings and/ or stabs. When I get replacements, they are warped exactly the same. Must be in the molds. If you want their great scale atributes you have to deal with warps, bad foam hinges, prop shafts snapping off when you simply tighten them, etc. etc. For the most part I am very happy with it. I hope it will have enough power to fly at 7000 ft. Doc Oh...WARNING! Put Foam Tac or E6000 on all your foam hinges!!! :Loser:
                        I love the Dynam Waco I got last year. I fly it with 3000s and 2200s and, aside from flight times, I honestly can't tell the difference. Both go up to the hole in front. The warped tail feathers annoy me to no end but don't seem to effect flight. Mine were packed in the same box as the wings. I believe they got mis-shapen from being wrapped around the wing's airfoil. Really unnecessary because there's room in the big box to pack them separately. Putting together my third Dynam, the Gee Bee right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Shoetec View Post

I love the Dynam Waco I got last year. I fly it with 3000s and 2200s and, aside from flight times, I honestly can't tell the difference. Both go up to the hole in front. The warped tail feathers annoy me to no end but don't seem to effect flight. Mine were packed in the same box as the wings. I believe they got mis-shapen from being wrapped around the wing's airfoil. Really unnecessary because there's room in the big box to pack them separately. Putting together my third Dynam, the Gee Bee right now.
                          Fixing the tail feathers is pretty easy and well worth the half hour to do it.

All you have to do is CAREFULLY apply a little heat from a monocoat heat gun or even a hair dryer. Start with the heat source at least a foot away and start to warm the warped surface up. Don't hold the heat source still in one spot. Move it around to warm the whole area of the surface.

Then, with your hand, carefully flex the warped area of the surface in the opposite direction of the warp while keeping the heat on the area. Less is more here. It's easier to adjust it a little further with another application than to have to go back the other way. Continue with the heat for a minute or so. Just be sure not to get the heat too close or you will "alligator" the foam. One rule of thumb I use is "if it's too hot for your hand, it is likely too hot for the foam".

Continue to hold the flex and remove the heat and when the surface is cool then release the pressure. Check your progress and repeat if needed.

Comment

Yesterday was a spectacular day in Iowa, we set a new temperature record for the day of 67 degrees and winds under 5 mph. I'm using Admiral 3600 4 cell batteries. The plane balances well and at full power I get a solid 5 minutes of flight time. Checking the battery after I land I see cell voltage in the 3.7 volt range.

The plane flies very nice at 50 - 75%, take offs and landing are really easy, this plane will go to the field most days with me. She really flies nice, if I were to crash this plane I would order a replacement as soon as I got home.

I give it 5 stars, completely happy with the plane and flight characteristics.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Glad the maiden went well. It is a sweet and under rated model.

Jim

Comment

Congrats of the maiden! She's a great little flyer isn't she.

Comment

Yes she is and I agree with Jim, it is an underrated plane. I put seven flights on it Saturday.

Comment

Great news! Can hardly wait to get mine in the air. Doc

Comment

Originally posted by dkalwishky View Post
                                      Yesterday was a spectacular day in Iowa, we set a new temperature record for the day of 67 degrees and winds under 5 mph. I'm using Admiral 3600 4 cell batteries. The plane balances well and at full power I get a solid 5 minutes of flight time. Checking the battery after I land I see cell voltage in the 3.7 volt range.

The plane flies very nice at 50 - 75%, take offs and landing are really easy, this plane will go to the field most days with me. She really flies nice, if I were to crash this plane I would order a replacement as soon as I got home.

I give it 5 stars, completely happy with the plane and flight characteristics.
                                      Excellent airplane and so much fun to fly. I have had two of them before moving on to other other models. I would only suggest you run at least a 60A ESC with the 4S 3600 batteries. The motors seemed to get quite hot on both of mine until I upgraded the ESC. Just sayin'. Enjoy!

Comment

Welcome to Hobby Squawk jagilly. The motors can get warm. What I did with both of mine was to get better air flow to the motor. Open up the area around the motor opening by about 1/4". Then cut out some of the webbing between the cylinders. Just doing that put the motor temp back where it should be.

Comment

On my Waco the only mod that I did for cooling was to take advantage of the air channel that is located at the bottom of the fuselage starting right below the motor mount.
                                          All I that I did was remove the webbing on each side of the very bottom center faux cylinder and that provides most excellent airflow for the motor and the ESC which is in that channel.
                                          Still going strong after 3+ years on the stock 40A ESC
                                          Warbird Charlie
                                          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Working...
                                          X