Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello claytonbakerjr
    ... welcome!

Nice find at that price. Yes, the landing gear can be an issue with these birds. One or the other tends to hang up every now and then. Some have opted for the FMS retracts and have little complaints. I can't help with the paint resources, but if someone doesn't chime in, I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for around here somewhere.

Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

• Originally posted by BluesDragon View Post
      Hello claytonbakerjr
      ... welcome!

Nice find at that price. Yes, the landing gear can be an issue with these birds. One or the other tends to hang up every now and then. Some have opted for the FMS retracts and have little complaints. I can't help with the paint resources, but if someone doesn't chime in, I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for around here somewhere.

Thanks Blue I have been looking at the FMS retracts, if the stock ones start going south then I may go that direction as per paint
      I did come across this on amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001B2SGZ2...ing=UTF8&psc=1

Comment

• Originally posted by BluesDragon View Post
        Hello claytonbakerjr
        ... welcome!

I did a quick search here for the FMS retracts, is there a state side source for these?

Comment

• Originally posted by claytonbakerjr View Post

I did a quick search here for the FMS retracts, is there a state side source for these?
          HH or Tower
          Warbird Charlie
          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

HH or Tower
            Thank you

Comment

• I posted this over at RC Groups so I hope you do not mind me posting it here as well?
              So just curious, is there someone out there who makes the missiles and spare gas tanks for the Corsair? Maybe a 3D print?
              I found some missiles that I could re-scale but not the tanks. Just think it would look cool with the items on it.

Comment

• claytonbakerjr

I'm not sure exactly, but it's worth checking Keith Sparks' website, Parkflyer Plastics. I highly recommend his products.

​​​​​​​And also consider try tracking down tanks from Eflite's similarly sized 1200mm Corsair. They might look acceptably "close enough" for your 1270mm Corsair from a distance.
                Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post
                  claytonbakerjr

I'm not sure exactly, but it's worth checking Keith Sparks' website, Parkflyer Plastics. I highly recommend his products.

And also consider try tracking down tanks from Eflite's similarly sized 1200mm Corsair. They might look acceptably "close enough" for your 1270mm Corsair from a distance.
                  ​​​​​​​
                  Alpha
                  ​​​​​​​
                  I did run into what you have mentioned so I will post links here for others as well. Thank you very much.

Comment

• hi guys not new to this foram just diffrent address i leard how to fly because ofdynam here in aus iv had 3 f4u ahellcat p47 fw190still have b26 flack bait and me262 all great flyers!!!!!! prop planes with650kv motors but just after 2weeks got my 1600f4u for a year it was going to b birdcage .....last minute change traditional blue.. got it from motian no damage well done,, maiden this w end power is awsome so far all only issue 1spring off gear doors nothing realy cant wait to fly it only got 4000 pack should i put 1 or both weights up front????

Comment

• One easy way to make sure your cg is right if you dont know how to balance your airplane, or if you dont have a balancer, The F4U is designed around the Admiral 5000mah batt and 4 ballast weights in the nose. Perfect cg is obtained with this set up. So now weigh your 4000 mah batt and look up the spec on the Admiral 5000 on the MRC web page. Add the difference to the nose in ballast weight. You will also need to weigh your ballast weight to know how much your adding. And it dont need to be perfect either. Just keep in mind as a rule of thumb, a little heavy in the nose is better than a little light. Im running the Admiral 6s 6000mah pack which is 2 or 3 ounces heavier than the 5000 pack. So I changed nothing in the nose weights. It flys and performs great, and has a little better wind penetration as a result. I wouldnt want to exceed much more than that or my landings may suffer as a result with nose overs and coming in to hot. One other thing to note, Your flight time is going to be reduced with a 4000 mah pack. I recommend setting your timer for 4 minutes to start. Then check your batt with a batt checker after each landing. Then you can adjust and maximize your flight times with out causing damage to your lipo by over discharging your batt. This 4 minute start time is based on the fact you have 6 minute flight times with the Admiral 5000 pack. Hope this helps, and Happy flying from the PNW.
                      Pacific NW Flyer  :arrow:

Comment

• ground test was 4 minutes 3.8 per cell u r on the money thanks will get couple 5 or 6000!! is c rating important??

Comment

• Well I do know some guys that are running 35c rated batts, to have warm batts after flight. So I would recommend no less than 45c. I dont know the official C rating, But I do know theres been no problems at all with 50, and 60 C rated batts.
                          Pacific NW Flyer  :arrow:

Comment

• Originally posted by f4u ausie View Post
                            hi guys not new to this foram just diffrent address ....
                            Welcome to Hobby Squawk! Definitely one of my favs as well... the Corsair. If ya haven't found your way there yet, head on over to the
                            "FlightLine F4U-1A Corsair 1600mm (63") Wingspan" thread and you will find all kinds of help, and ideas, for your 1600 "Bubble
                            Top" Corsair. Don't be afraid to ask any questions ya might encounter. The Squawkers around here are really great with assists..
                            Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

• ok do u no much about the rhino battery from hking

Comment

• I am not familiar with that particular battery myself. I mainly use the Admiral battery. Just what I started with and have never had issues.
                                I was raised "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" mentality. So I tend to stick with what works for me.
                                Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

• i have zippy now!! just looking 4 cheaper option like us all.. but not at cost of my corsair .. havnt seen admiral here in oz r they exclusive to motian ??

Comment

• I do believe so... https://www.motionrc.com/collections/lipo-batteries
                                    Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

• thanx 4your help!!

Comment

• Pilots, I'm new to the forum and also to RC as well. Hope the I may be of some help to someone in the near future. I do, however, need some assistance at this time. Can anyone tell me what the fractional scale # is for the Dynam 1270mm F4U? Thanks in advance for your response.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOTGUN40 View Post
                                          Pilots, I'm new to the forum and also to RC as well. Hope the I may be of some help to someone in the near future. I do, however, need some assistance at this time. Can anyone tell me what the fractional scale # is for the Dynam 1270mm F4U? Thanks in advance for your response.
                                          SHOTGUN40 Hello there, Shotgun, welcome to Hobby Squawk! I answered this question a few days ago, link below. It seems to come up often, so you're in good company! I hope you enjoy your Dynam F4U.

Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Working...
                                          X