Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have mounted two Go Pro's on my CZ Cessna 150 one under each wing. We were out flying here in Rapid City S.D. today for about 5 hours, flying war birds, a UMX Gee Bee R2 racer a couple choppers, and doing a little Instructing. We all had a very good time. Here is one of the videos I took.
    video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

Comment

• Just did some Painting and maintenance on One of my 2.1 Cessna 150's and added a little more Color on the bottom. Also glassed and painted the bottom of the Floats. Flying off snow for the past two years ass taken its toll on the Foam. The snow its like a fine sand paper. The Snow will even sand it's way through 3M packing tape after many touch and goes. This will be the third season flying this one off the lakes and Snow The other one I love doing main gear touch and goes with out ever letting the Nose wheel touch down for 2 to 300 ft on paved runways. The Cessna 150 is a blast to fly no matter what type of surface I fly it from. Snow, Water, Grass or Pavement.

Click image for larger version

Name:	SF152.jpg
Views:	427
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	295574Click image for larger version

Name:	SF1501.jpg
Views:	390
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	295575

Comment

• I'm not very good at repainting anything, let alone a foamie. But I am going to give it a shot. My plan is to replicate the livery of the C-150 I flew my first solo flight back in Aug '72. I have a couple of low quality photos of the day, and of course I have the N number in the logbook.
        Attached Files

Comment

• I do love painting and normally I enjoy the final product of my labor but this model was the biggest pain in the rear I have ever attempted to repaint. That stock red livery was a bear to primer accurately...The repaint looked just "okay" I suppose from several feet away but up close it was really bad. I was ashamed. LOL! Trust me, the photos don't the issues.

My YouTube RC videos:
          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Kmot View Post
            I'm not very good at repainting anything, let alone a foamie. But I am going to give it a shot. My plan is to replicate the livery of the C-150 I flew my first solo flight back in Aug '72. I have a couple of low quality photos of the day, and of course I have the N number in the logbook.
            I have thought about doing the same here is a photo of the Cessna 150 I soloed in and later took a photo of the RC field I use to fly at just North of Rapid City SD I have two of the 2.1 Carbon Z Cessna's one on wheels the other on floats for Snow and the lakes here in the Black Hills I may see if I could order one not painted from E-Flite then finish it just like the one in the picture. In Honor of my late good friend and former
            flight Instructor

Name:	pilot150.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	305881

Comment

• Some of the repaints I have done look worse Aros. But I didn't do it to look at on the ground LOL!!! Once in the air you can not see the flaws any way

Comment

• Yours looks real good Aros! 👍

I did a lot of searching to find the paint scheme for the C-150 like I flew. It was a 150K model and the scheme came in several different colors. Mine was, as close as I can tell, Marigold color. This is the scheme. The N number of mine was N5703G, very close to this one.
                Attached Files

Comment

• Thanks Kmot yeah it didn't look too bad from a distance, lol! This is the livery I wanted to do but it trailed off into what I ended up with for some reason or another....
                  My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Hey guys, do you think that to repaint this plane, after removing all the stickers, I could apply Minwax without first trying to strip all the red and black paint off? And then after a few coats of Minwax, shoot some primer on it?

Comment

• What I have done after removing all decals is to use 3M wet dry 400 grit foam sanding pads, wipe off let dry, really ugly when done, then I prime and repaint FWIW

Comment

• Taking the gentle Cessna 150Z over the ocean beaches in Australia on a blustery southerly wind. This large scale aircraft performs very well in most conditions. I hope the recently ordered 2m ordered Eflite DRACO flies as well!

Comment

• [QUOTE=Bellairvideo;n306113]Taking the gentle Cessna 150Z over the ocean beaches in Australia on a blustery southerly wind. This large scale aircraft performs very well in most conditions. I hope the recently ordered 2m ordered Eflite DRACO flies as well!

You can be very assured that the New 2.0 Draco will well exceed the capabilities of the Cessna 150 in every way. I can't wait to get mine. The Draco will be an awesome addition to any fleet

Name:	Draco.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	306165

Comment

• Okay, this thing is in the biggest box I have gotten yet, lol.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• I know this is a much older post, but still relevant. I may have screwed the pooch when I removed the decals and then started using acetone to carefully wipe off the red paint. Some of the acetone wiped where I pulled the decals and now it is a true mess. Can't go back now. I put a coat of polyurethane in there and now waiting for it to cure. You mentioned somewhere that you use a foam filler of some kind to fill in and then sand smooth. I am foam illiterate, so what was the brand? What grit paper did you start with? I hope this project doesn't come back to bite me. lol

Comment

• althepal88 I can remember the exact brand name that seems to be popular but it's an ultra lightweight spackle for the foam filler. And I would use 320 grit sand paper. The RCGeek has a video on YouTube on refinishing foam airplanes, actually a couple of videos that are worth the watch. Good luck!

Comment

• I have painted dozens of my models over the years and they all turned out pretty good until I attempted to do a repaint on this model. Wow what a crapfest, lol. I still have nightmares over it.
                                  My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Working...
                                  X