X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CFIT rob View Post
    I think the beating dynam has taken over the b26 is not entirely deserved. The marauder flies great stock,no mod required. Other higher end models have ended up with incedence errors (FW p38, FW 70 mm 104 for example) Regluing components is not only a dynam issue(my fw avanti had loose control horns). A cold solder joint caused a crash(TI?), I lost my fw p38 from a cold solder joint. A few have lost their marauders from snaps. Crashed my fw 70mm 104 twice getting used to how it flys. Remember how many 104s where going down when it came out. The tires,pilots,non scale guns are a cost saving measure..im fine with that. Its a price point line.
    Now...The packaging needs improvement. The QC (training?)during assembly needs improvement. Seems like those issues should be easy to fix. They HAVE to be costing dynam warranty money. The widow may need some more development time ,wich im sure alpha is spearheading. CML pulled their estimated ETA. German dist moddellbau has a mid january release date listed. So no widow under the tree.
    I agree that the wheels, pilots, and guns (and the hatch magnets) are just cosmetic issues. The points you made are valid, but look. The unmodified stock Marauder would be flying in this condition:
    a) Wing attachment points in jeopardy (can pull out in a high-g maneuvers)
    b) Flying level requires about 1/4" up-trim on the elevators
    c) Large recommended battery requires tail weights
    d) Tail-heavy at recommended C/G
    e) Flaps in danger of falling off (poorly glued hinges)

And I wouldn't call that great. It was easy to correct, and I don't have to worry about the wing pulling off - and with the stab shim and the new CG (with a smaller battery) the model really flies great. I love it, the B26 is a terrific model. I agree, if Dynam can just make some small improvements in packaging and assembly QC, the B26 will be better and the P61 should be good to go.

Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

Mudduck....have to give you credit on wing mounts (have to concede mine is modded)and stated CG being tail heavy. Anyone not checking the forums would have no idea. Even the needed up trim should have been in the manual. And now that i think about it up ELE was stated in the fw104 manual so no mad trim clicking on a maiden. I love the direction they seem to be headed (thanks again alpha) and calling dynam a work in progress will see how the widow fairs. She will be mine...oh yes..she will be mine. I will be competing with you to be first on the pre- order. ...backpeddling makes my legs hurt.
      Still flying P.15, avanti(#2), mig 21, yak 130 70mm(#2), f35, f9f panther, a10 64mm, F8 crusader/ PA ultimate amr /HK skipper, durafly dh vampire, p 51,spit mk24, corsair, flybeam/ BH f86 50mm, deltawing 50mm/ HH su 26 mm,umx pitts,umx sbach, blade nano cp s,blade 450x, inductrix 200, inductrix pro, umx yak 54,umx f27 fpv/ electrifly 4s L39/ flyzone beaver/ volantix asw 28, /dynam B26

RIP.. roc hobby waco,strega #2(you will be missed), Fw 90mm eurofighter.

Comment

. ...backpeddling makes my legs hurt.
        LOLI knew if :Not-Talking: after your comments to my observations you'd come to your senses(with some coaxing from MD) ;)
        Warbird Charlie
        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Mudduck....have to give you credit on wing mounts (have to concede mine is modded)and stated CG being tail heavy. Anyone not checking the forums would have no idea. Even the needed up trim should have been in the manual. And now that i think about it up ELE was stated in the fw104 manual so no mad trim clicking on a maiden. I love the direction they seem to be headed (thanks again alpha) and calling dynam a work in progress will see how the widow fairs. She will be mine...oh yes..she will be mine. I will be competing with you to be first on the pre- order. ...backpeddling makes my legs hurt.
          Ha! LOL You bet, me too! I want to be first in line! But I'll probably miss the moment...

You know I am beginning to think that these planes aren't all the same. Mad Baron just posted that he flew his Marauder without the shim, without much up-trim, and that it flies perfectly. So what's up with that? :Confused: I give up.
          Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

Maybe the rest of us suck at building and flying? Lol just kidding of course. :)

Comment

If I do decide on getting the Widow I might just wait a little while to see what issues it has don't want a repeat problems I had with the B-26. But with all of the upgrading and fixing problems with it I am glad that I kept it as it is a great flying plane I might think about working in a bomb bay as a winter project.:)

Comment

When it does come out I'll buy one also, I can work out the problems I'm in no hurry.

Comment

There's mention of a preliminary shipment on RCG...

Comment

Originally posted by NoDirt! View Post
                    There's mention of a preliminary shipment on RCG...
                    Apparently some European dealers have accepted a V1 while we are still at work on making necessary changes to ours which evidently will be V2.

Comment

To clear up any confusion, I was the first person in the world to maiden the first EPO molded P-61 --their engineering team asked me to maiden it and evaluate it, as I do for many other models, since I've been involved with the project for over a year. In fact Dynam's owners personally delivered the model to my office in China --they're excellent people. I flew the first EPO molded P-61 150 times and presented a list of edits to Dynam, following the same process we use for collaborations with other manufacturing partners (Freewing, etc). As of this writing, 11/1/2017, the edits I submitted to Dynam are STILL IN PROCESS. In the meantime, I have just learned today from the owner that Dynam produced and shipped a very small quantity of the "Pre-AlphaEdit" version, mostly to Europe and certain online resellers. Photos of these models, and conversations from their new owners, will soon propagate online.

To be clear, the version being delivered this week to those sellers is NOT the version Motion RC will carry. While my test sample flew, there were several key changes I instructed to be made prior to Motion RC ordering the aircraft, and my current schedule has me at the factory later this month to reevaluate what is now essentially a "Version 2". As many of you know, as a matter of principle we do not order a model until we are confident it meets a range of criteria. When the Dynam 1500mm P-61 meets those criteria, we will carry it on our website. If all goes well, our approved version is a post-Christmas arrival, at best. Until then, I've conversed with the Dynam leadership and informed them I would be posting this backstory so early adopters are aware of what they are purchasing, if they do choose to purchase one of these early versions from sellers other than Motion RC.

If helpful, I could post a list of the edits, so those current owners are aware of what to expect.

In the meantime, here are photos I took of my Production Ver #1, back in September.

Click image for larger version  Name:	_DSC8726.JPG Views:	1 Size:	202.9 KB ID:	102579
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	_DSC8732.JPG Views:	1 Size:	205.4 KB ID:	102581
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	_DSC8739.JPG Views:	1 Size:	217.5 KB ID:	102580
                      Attached Files
                      Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                        If helpful, I could post a list of the edits, so those current owners are aware of what to expect.
                        Thanks for the explanation Alpha, I will definitely be looking forward to this plane! The list of changes would be much appreciated so that we know what we have to look forward to vs. what will stay in the current airframe.

Comment

Alpha,
                          I've had some trouble determining the attitude of an an all-black RC boost/glider of mine. When you flew the pre-production P-61 was it all black and did you have any more trouble determining its attitude than other planes of a similar size?
                          ---
                          Warbirder

Comment

Wow, I am impressed with the QA done by Motion. I am a sold customer with my A-10 being my first Motion purchase. Fantastic in detail, construction, and flying. Did I say "wow."

So my two requests for future releases:

1) plastic or vacform cockpit tub to avoid gatoring under canopy. Details can be added to make cockpit really cool too. It is the focal point for static display. Even if this is an option, it is just so cool. Just like the weapons that came on the A-10; not necessary, but a great "wow" detail.
                            2) Going bigger with foam has convinced me that it is worth the money. My A-10 is a show-stopper at the club. Flies awesome, looks so scale in the air, you cannot tell it from the real thing. Lets see some more giant scale foamies. We know it can be done.

Comment

Thank you very much for the pictures and update about the P61 Alpha, that is a really sharp model and will be an excellent addition to the fleet. I can hardly wait for it!
                              The fact that you're so involved it the process and suggested Dynam make some changes to improve the model is really great. Outstanding!
                              Does it come with radar? LOL

Alpha please tell us, how did you like the way it flies? I imagine that it was very easy (that large wing area). To Oxotnik - I have flown smaller models of the black P61, and can tell you that since it has such a unique look in the air its very difficult to get disoriented. Just my opinion. I am sure on this model, the landing lights will be helpful as well.

Comment

... let's see... lookin at those pictures, I can see that it has:
                                Decals
                                Retracts
                                4 flaps
                                4-bladed props with spinners
                                Movable 50-cals
                                removeable cockpit hatch
                                white landing lights and colored wingtip lights
                                cranked wing (possibly)
                                drop tanks (if they aren't removable I'm sure we could make them removable)
                                scale scheme

Related image

I like it so far! :Love:

Comment

Originally posted by Oxotnik View Post
                                  Alpha,
                                  I've had some trouble determining the attitude of an an all-black RC boost/glider of mine. When you flew the pre-production P-61 was it all black and did you have any more trouble determining its attitude than other planes of a similar size?
                                  Any model that is essentially all one dark color will appear as a shadow against certain sky conditions and orientation can quickly become a problem.

A trick that helps is to just drag a 20 ft crepe paper (or surveyor's marking ribbon) streamer while getting used to the airplane. The bright color trailing the aircraft gives you a good indication of orientation. Once you are used to the airplane and learned what it looks like in assorted orientations against different sky conditions you won't need it any more.
                                  FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Alpha, I would have been glad if you had made this statement one week earlier. I saw the first planes appear last Thursday and ordered one. I would have preferred to have this information - especially a list of issues expected to be handled for V2 - so I could have decided knowing the facts and what can expect. So I really would appreciate if I could see and understand the full list. Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post

Thanks for the explanation Alpha, I will definitely be looking forward to this plane! The list of changes would be much appreciated so that we know what we have to look forward to vs. what will stay in the current airframe.
                                      Same here, but I was waiting for Motion to list it anyway.

Comment

I'll state again that I only learned yesterday that Dynam chose to ship those models to those other sellers. Normally, a model goes through several revisions, and these edits are not publicized, because they pertain to pre-production prototypes and by the time the final production model arrives to customers, those revisions are implemented. If I had known earlier that the pre-AlphaEdit version was being shipped to sellers, I would have said something earlier.
                                        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Definitely waiting for "Alphabetized" Version 2! ;)

Comment

Working...
                                          X