Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post
    I AM DONE WITH DYNAM.
    This breach of business ethics conducted by them goes against the values of honor that was instilled in me from my service to country and carried on afterwards throughout my civilian procurement career in DoD and commercial activities.
    I was one of the early customer proponents in supporting Motions alignment with Dynam for the Waco which subsequently brought almost their full line of products.
    In retrospect, it was a good move at the time but times have changed and Motions partnership with FW/FL looks to be the decisive direction.
    I am in total support of Toms statement of "concentrating on making our own stuff" in his RCG Post#1141
    Tom.......Forget about ordering the P-61 and put your efforts into a FL version. I can wait for what would be undoubtedly the premier version in foam of the Black Widow.
    AND since the Tomcat motors are "apparently" part of the Dynam regime, guess I'm going to have to look for alternative sources for my large scale acquisitions.
    Someone from Motion please tell me the skinny on Tomcat motors. :Thinking:
    Yeah you are correct that they are a revamp of the dynam products with a new name

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
      Yeah you are correct that they are a revamp of the dynam products with a new name
      If you're referring to the Tomcat motors, I really don't know who they are because Dynam alias Detrum don't have motors in sizes listed for the Tomcats.
      When they are listed under the Dynam Company name, one has but two logical choices to conclude.................A product line of the parent or B partner to the parent?
      This is why I am asking that someone from Motion (preferably Tom/Mark) please provide some insight on who is Tomcat.
      The reason for asking is because of what has recently occurred, my confidence in procuring a couple high priced Tomcats now and further down road for giant scale projects is in jeopardy.
      Warbird Charlie
      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Ah copy that. My bad.

Comment

• Tomcat is made by Dynam, as is Detrum. Many manufacturers house multiple brand names for different price points. Detrum motors are intro market, while Tomcat motors are up market. The Tomcats are well made motors, with higher quality components than the cheaper Detrum motors. Customer choice is valuable. I've personally seen both Detrum motors and Tomcat motors being made. Dynam's processes are greatly improved.
          Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• I've just gotten up to date on this issue between Motion and Dynam on the P-61. Of course I must confirm my loyalty to the Motion crew, Outstanding work guys, your reputation is by far, unquestionable. Over the last couple of years that I've been, being supplied by my Motion family, I've trusted in your recommendations and products on hand. If you supply it I will buy. If you don't promote it, I don't need it.

Kinda crazy, right ... :Cool:
            Straighten Up - Fly Right

Comment

• Just my two cents on Motion RC and Dynam...

My hanger contains an F7F, F8F, F-86 and B-24 all purchased from Motion RC.
              I also own a Dynam PBY.

The quality difference between the PBY and the other aircraft is quite noticeable (I picked up the PBY for 90 bucks at a swap meet - unbuilt - since I wouldn't pay 'list price' for the plane based on what I've read in various posts regarding the PBY).

Once you've built a FreeWing or FlightLine from Motion RC, you won't want to retrograde in the quality and reliability of a particular model from other sources and/or manufactures - in my opinion.

Soooo, I'll wait on Motion RC and its suppliers to come up with my three "Wish List" aircraft:
              A-26(K) - Viet Nam
              P-61 - WWII
              AD Skyraider - Viet Nam (Yeah, I have 'that' one and it is not exactly my 'go to' every day flyer. The retracts SUCK and ... nuff said about that one)

Comment

• I absolutely agree with that!

Comment

• I have been waiting for years for the P61 to show up. Been a loyal customer of Motion RC and will continue to support that company. I would not be surprised to see Motion drop Dynam after this breech of ethics. I wii NOT be buying another Dynam product now. I can only hope that Motion can respond by getting FL, Freewing or FMS to produce that plane and letting the modeling community know how they intend to proceed.

Comment

• Project Foil anyone?

Comment

• Foil has been confirmed to be an EDF, so not a Widow.
                      Pat

Comment

• Time to hit the antidepressants...

Comment

• If I'd read the last couple of pages of this topic a week ago, it might be a RocHobby Waco arriving today, instead of the Dynam.

All the reviews I'd read or watched on YouTube, praised the Dynam Waco's flight characteristics. One of the guys out at our local RC club said he'd flown both the RocHobby and the Dynam, and the Dynam was a better flyer, so I opted with it.

That said, when I was still deciding, one of the guys in our Old Farts Flying group on Facebook pointed out I could get the Dynam Waco for about $40 cheaper from another retailer, but added that this other seller had a questionable reputation. I've only bought one thing from MotionRC prior, but I'd read enough reviews to have a good feeling about their commitment to customer service. I'd rather support a business that I'm confident is going to respond if I have a problem, than save a few bucks by going to a less reputable business. I've also spent a lot of time watching MRC's review videos, which I know does cost them some time and money to produce and upload. IMNSHO, making my decision after watching MRC's videos, then buying from someone else, is much like going to a local store, trying on the merchandise, taking up the employee's time, leaving the shop with shop-worn merchandise, and then buying from a cheaper online retailer (and then wondering why the shop with the good customer service is going out of business later).

I wonder if I just bought the absolute last RTF Dynam Waco that MotionRC will sell?

If Dynam is going to backstab business partners, I'm inclined to think it'll be the last, and only, Dynam I buy.

Comment

• I HAD the Dynam Waco and it flew great, I really liked it. I just sold it as it was the only Dynam plane I had and I didn't want it in my hangar any longer.

Comment

• I don't plan to get rid of it, though it's doubtful that I'll recommend any Dynam products in the future. Even if Dynam is going to act like jerks, I'm glad that MRC earned the profit on this sale anyway. After all, I'm sure they've already paid Dynam for the stock, and if their current stock of Dynam products doesn't sell, or they have to sell it at a reduced price, they lose out on earnings. Stock that doesn't sell costs a business money by taking up space that could be devoted to more popular merchandise, it costs them at inventory time, both to count, and in taxes that must be paid on stocked merchandise, and the longer it sits, the less return they're going to realize on the investment they made in the stock.

Whatever we think of Dynam as a company, if MotionRC has the plane in stock, we help MRC with our purchases, more than we help Dynam. MotionRC doesn't have to restock the sold inventory from Dynam. They can fill the vacated shelf space with stock from other companies that treat their business partners better. Dynam loses out, either way.

Comment

• Wow, what a ruckus.

Listen, I've got (3) Dynam planes. I have one that doesn't have retracts. It's as nice as any of the others I've received from E-flight, Flightline, or Freewing. There finish is actually a pretty decent finish bettering the finish of my E-flight models. So when you're buying a Dynam plane pretty much anywhere else than Motion RC. You may not get the customer support you like. Especially in regards to the retracts.

I have a friend who has the Dynam Hellcat. His stock retracts work fine. If you're a good pilot, have your landing expertise pretty much down, as my friend does. They work. My problem is my Dynam Corsair had one that was not functional at all. So I opted to replace them with better ones.

I fully expect the Dynam retracts to improve greatly, honestly they have too much skin in this game.

So I haven't unboxed my B-26 yet. I bought is about 6 months ago, so I fully expect landing gear issues. But I wont be able to blame Motion, as I got it somewhere else. But anything I buy that says Dynam, and has retracts, will most certainly be purchased from Motion RC from this day forward. Good support is worth quite a bit in my opinion.

I like Dynam's, I honestly think they're going places, places I think we will all appreciate in days to come.

Best Regards
                                Woody

Comment

• What I will do is buy from MRC, no mater the brand. However if motion doesn't sell it I wont buy.

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                                    What I will do is buy from MRC, no mater the brand. However if motion doesn't sell it I wont buy.
                                    I agree, but Motion doesn't carry Durafly. Probably should give a little thought to that one Motion. Then I could be in 100% agreement.

Best Regards
                                    Woody

Comment

• I believe Durafly is sold exclusively though Hobby King. I don't know if MRC could carry it.

Comment

• Durafly is a brand made by FMS for HobbyKing which has exclusive rights to it. That is why we do not carry Durafly, just for the record.
                                        My YouTube RC videos:
                                        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by dkalwishky View Post
                                          I believe Durafly is sold exclusively though Hobby King. I don't know if MRC could carry it.
                                          Yea, I'm not sure about that ether. I'm actually not a fan of all there planes. But I've been retraining on the EFXtra's. I have 2 of them. Pretty incredible planes, unbelievably durable. Lots and lots of carbon fiber. So if Motion could sell a variation of this plane I would be good. Oh and make sure you offer landing gear. I had to custom fit landing gear on mine.

I'm a really big Motion fan. I'm pretty sure they know it. The only time I ever go to HK is usually if they have something I can't get anywhere else. I'm not to fond of them, almost everything has to come from China. Very low stock held here in the US.

Best Regards
                                          Woody

Comment

Working...
                                          X