X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

XV, Is there a watt comparison chart available to test your premise? I would be Very interested in doing a 4-bladed bubble version. I have never owned or flown a Corsair, though would love to detail out one of these Flightline models. Best, LB
    I've never checked the watts/amps on my 1700mm and I think it's too early to do one of the new Corsair. TiredIrone will likely beat us all to that.
    I'm going by the old "rule of thumb" on the props. To keep things like watts/amps more or less the same, going from a 18" 3-bl to a 4 blade, you reduce diameter to 17", which the stock FMS is, so 17x12x4. But the stock FMS is 17x10x4, so it might even be a little anemic but compared to the much heavier FMS, this one is around 600 to 700 grams lighter. Performance shouldn't be diminished and it may even perk up a bit. Looking forward to what TI finds out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodcock View Post

Merry Christmas Jerry! I'm saving two racks for the C-130's man. If they ever happen. : (

Woody
      I was going to get the new C-130 but with the behavior of the HobbyKing rep at RCG and that of some of those numbnuts there, along with some of the flaws now showing up, I'm a little turned off of HobbyKing now. This one would replace the C-130. I don't have the space or an abundance of cash to do both as I'm also in line for the new 3M Fox Glider.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
        You can always shove another one into the man cave if necessary!!!! Merry Christmas all!!! :Cool:
        LOL, man between building kits and buying ARF's ( and not tearing stuff up) I gotta figure something out storage wise.

Miike
        \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Roger that... My wife would agree with you. The house looks like the shop and visa versa... LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeT View Post

LOL, man between building kits and buying ARF's ( and not tearing stuff up) I gotta figure something out storage wise.

Miike
            I hear ya! I ran out of room to put together a sailplane over the summer and my wife wasn't pleased I took over her morning room for a bit...

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
              I was going to get the new C-130 but with the behavior of the HobbyKing rep at RCG and that of some of those numbnuts there, along with some of the flaws now showing up, I'm a little turned off of HobbyKing now. This one would replace the C-130. I don't have the space or an abundance of cash to do both as I'm also in line for the new 3M Fox Glider.
              I'm with you Viper, I'm not happy with them at all right now. But I'm disappointed at many right now to be honest.

Best Regards
              Woody

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

The 1700mm Corsair prop bolt's right on....
                LOLSomehow I knew you were going to do that ;)

Warbird Charlie
                HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Now waydaminut...!!!:Thinking:
                  Wasn't George flying a Corsair when he ate CB's A-10??:Ligthbulb:
                  NOW, they give him a bigger one and he bolts the biggest prop on the front !!!:corsair

HHHHMMMM!:Confused:
                  Best not fly with him this time CB.............

Grossman56
                  Team Gross!

Comment

• :corsair:a10
                    Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                      Best not fly with him this time CB.............

Grossman56
                      That don't befront me none (as Thorogood would say)..........got that F7F with big 20's :P
                      Warbird Charlie
                      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• ok.... I am in!
                        Birdcage!
                        Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                          I'm very interested to see how some of us end up customizing and weathering our Corsairs. I airbrushed the factory master, pictured below, then began to dirty it up a bit on the left side with paint wear down to the primer, and on the right side with panel fades. Eventually it will look like it's spent a couple months outside under a coconut tree on Guadalcanal.

Click image for larger version Name:	_DSC2267.JPG Views:	1 Size:	140.1 KB ID:	165855Click image for larger version Name:	_DSC2265.JPG Views:	1 Size:	127.2 KB ID:	165857
                          Click image for larger version Name:	_DSC2348.JPG Views:	1 Size:	101.8 KB ID:	165856Click image for larger version Name:	_DSC2276.JPG Views:	1 Size:	120.3 KB ID:	165858

Click image for larger version Name:	_DSC2274.JPG Views:	1 Size:	107.3 KB ID:	165859Click image for larger version Name:	_DSC2227.JPG Views:	1 Size:	199.7 KB ID:	165860
                          Hey Alpha...you know I'm a nut for painting projects and once again you've blown me away with your talent with an airbrush. Here's what I did recently on a 1:32 scale static model but please tell me...did you start over with pre-shading and re-do all the color, or did you add lighter shades over the stock paint to get the in-panel fading? Beautiful, and what an awesome subject bird...thanks!!! I'm also "spousally challenged" when it comes to adding to the hanger, but it's just a matter of time until the birdcage finds its way here!! Rob

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                            I'm very interested to see how some of us end up customizing and weathering our Corsairs. I airbrushed the factory master, pictured below, then began to dirty it up a bit on the left side with paint wear down to the primer, and on the right side with panel fades. Eventually it will look like it's spent a couple months outside under a coconut tree on Guadalcanal.

Click image for larger version Name:	_DSC2267.JPG Views:	1 Size:	140.1 KB ID:	165855Click image for larger version Name:	_DSC2265.JPG Views:	1 Size:	127.2 KB ID:	165857
                            Click image for larger version Name:	_DSC2348.JPG Views:	1 Size:	101.8 KB ID:	165856Click image for larger version Name:	_DSC2276.JPG Views:	1 Size:	120.3 KB ID:	165858

Click image for larger version Name:	_DSC2274.JPG Views:	1 Size:	107.3 KB ID:	165859Click image for larger version Name:	_DSC2227.JPG Views:	1 Size:	199.7 KB ID:	165860
                            Alpha,,,,,If you would , please share your weathering and finishing process.... friggen thing looks AWESOME!
                            Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Ordered my new F4U1A Birdcage version...… this will be a great project. I need to build my new F22 first, but cant wait to see this new plane.

Thanks MRC
                              Rich

Comment

• Originally posted by e4dragongunner View Post

Alpha,,,,,If you would , please share your weathering and finishing process.... friggen thing looks AWESOME!
                                Alpha is an artist when it comes to weathering. I have personally seen him pull out his airbrush and compressor at the field! - and work his magic!

Bob

Comment

• Thanks, guys. I'll post some details on my weathering details and also the 3DPUP options a little later. For now, check out our First Impressions video from our good friend TiredIronGRB and RCJetDude, that shows the model piece by piece. Thank you, George and Steve!

Join George Baker and Steve Hodges of TiredIron Aviation as they unbox the "bubble top" F4U-1D version of the new FlightLine RC Corsair. Find the products he...

Special note of something that hasn't been covered so far in other videos is the prop hub design (rock solid). Also more visible is the window beneath the pilot's seat and other surface details such as the exhaust ports, surface detail molded inside the gear doors and gear bays, raised panel lines in certain areas (such as the fabric covered control surfaces) and inset panel lines (such as the metal riveted wing surfaces).
                                  Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• It is a beautiful plane and you guys did an excellent job on it!

Bob

Comment

• A present fro my lovely daughter. She ordered one for me today.

Comment

• This one is getting the treatment!!! for sure!!

Comment

• Didn't realise how cold it gets living in your car. Enjoy your hobby and don't end up like me. My favorite plane and now can't afford the hobby.

Comment

Working...
                                          X