X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• March 13, 2020 update:
    I have it all back together and ready to test fly. I have not completed the fairings on the landing gear, but I have a plan! I was all ready to get some plywood ribs cut to glue to the struts and then wrap the lower strut with fiberglass wing skin (.010 " thick). and then use aluminum sheet for the upper cover. That would have worked out OK, but would be time consuming work... Then I got the idea to 3D print them! I have a 3D printer, so I am now finalizing the two sizes so the will telescope together, and then I will mount them on the landing gear sturts. Hopefully I will get it mostly done over the weekend and be able to post the results here.

Comment

• Thank you for all of the work that you are doing with Robert, it’s much appreciated.

I went through the RCG link that you posted about the slat issue. I’m wondering if you realized that it is about the smaller BH 1800 mm Storch? I did a lot of research to find a Storch that flew well with slots. Almost every single Storch arc had reported issues, except this one. As long as you have the CG correct, it sounds like it flies wonderfully. I suggest flying it before you decide to modify the slots.

please let us know when the Robert gear is available!

Comment

• I’m trying to find out if this guy has done any mods, but it appears stock from what I can tell. He is able to harrier his Storch around the field and elevator down without dropping a wing...like a 3D airframe. If mine flys like this I’ll be very happy.

Comment

• Need a bit of info from those of you that have built the Storch. The horizontal stab struts re heavy and heavy duty but attach with only a 3x8 mm button head screw at each end. Is there a blind nut that the screws go into, or do they just screw into balsa? The struts seem like they are more than just cosmetic, but could have been made from balsa.

Comment

• Any of you guys that are running the DLE35 have a recommendation for the best prop on this engine/plane combination. Will be flying a 600 ft above sea level.

Comment

• So we have the redemption flight of our Storch guys this bird has amazed us from the start. The details and size are absolutely stunning. If you have any questions about this model I will gladly answer them. It was a ruff start to the project when we lost one of the high tech servos on the original maiden flight. We where able to fix the bent landing gear and get here back up for the maiden. We ended up running it on 12s and she had plenty of power now. I plane on posting a full review over the coming days of the build here so be on the lookout in the coming weeks for all the storch you can handle. 😉

Comment

• hello fieseler storch fans and first of all greetings from germany/dresden.

I'm new to you and I'm about to come up with a problem:
                My Black Horse Stork is from 2015. I am absolutely satisfied with the source.
                Only one problem arises in summer:
                If I place the stork in the sun, after a short time the foil on the tail and partly on the wings starts to get wavy.
                Do you know the problem? What is the cause? Is the foil ironed on hot and has it come off?
                As soon as the stork comes into the shade, the waves smooth out and everything is smooth again.

Maybe one of you has a tip.
                Thanks. Greetings Klaus

Comment

• Originally posted by Flyingpit View Post
                  hello fieseler storch fans and first of all greetings from germany/dresden.

If I place the stork in the sun, after a short time the foil on the tail and partly on the wings starts to get wavy.
                  Do you know the problem? What is the cause? Is the foil ironed on hot and has it come off?
                  As soon as the stork comes into the shade, the waves smooth out and everything is smooth again.

Thanks. Greetings Klaus
                  It’s a normal thing on large balsa planes it’s the covering expanding and contracting from the heat.

Comment

hello fieseler storch fans and first of all greetings from germany/dresden.

Thanks. Greetings Klaus
                    Yep, Merry Boozer RC is correct and welcome to HobbySquawk all the way from Dresden! How many planes are in your hangar?

Comment

• Hello and good morning

ok, then i will let it how it is.

And now my Hangar:
                      I fly: Fieseler Storch BlackHorse , Cessna Cardinale 2,8m Wingspan , not ready to fly its a German Messerschmitt ME323 GIGANT with only 4 Engine , a Piper Super Cub , a little DHC-2 Beaver (Fun) , and ASW28 , Skysurfer , Pelicam (FPV) , X8 Wing , FX79 Wing , DJI Phantom Prof and 2 other selfmade Drones. Boats and a 4x4 Buggy. :-)

Its a lot i know. :-)

P.S. And yes, i like this Forum , especially because many people write about the Fieseler Storch here, much more than in German forums. I find a lot of useful information here.

Thanks for this!!!!!

Klaus

Comment

Hello and good morning

ok, then i will let it how it is.

And now my Hangar:
                        I fly: Fieseler Storch BlackHorse , Cessna Cardinale 2,8m Wingspan , not ready to fly its a German Messerschmitt ME323 GIGANT with only 4 Engine , a Piper Super Cub , a little DHC-2 Beaver (Fun) , and ASW28 , Skysurfer , Pelicam (FPV) , X8 Wing , FX79 Wing , DJI Phantom Prof and 2 other selfmade Drones. Boats and a 4x4 Buggy. :-)

Its a lot i know. :-)

P.S. And yes, i like this Forum , especially because many people write about the Fieseler Storch here, much more than in German forums. I find a lot of useful information here.

Thanks for this!!!!!

Klaus
                        Glad to have you here 🤗

Comment

• thanks guys

one more question. I used to have a DLE35 in the Fieseler Storch, but I was not satisfied with the performance. The engine ran extremely bad, probably because it was installed hanging. So, now I fly only electric, with 10S. But, that doesn't sound like an airplane anymore, more like a sewing machine!
                          That's why I got myself a sound module with body sound converters. (ESS-AIR)
                          I have IDLE Sound from the Fieseler Storch, but I am still looking for clean running noises at 1000-2000RPM. Does somebody do the same and has these sounds for free? That would be great!

Thanks, Klaus

Comment

• I finally have the 3D gear fairings thanks to Damon Atwood! Here are pictures. I plan on sharing this file with anyone who needs it along with Robart so they can include it in the Gear Upgrade kit. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2255b.JPG
Views:	870
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	256662Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2256b.JPG
Views:	829
Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	256663Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2257b.JPG
Views:	836
Size:	78.4 KB
ID:	256664Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2262b.JPG
Views:	838
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	256665

I have the airplane now ready to test fly. Gonna fly it without painting the fairings to see how they work and hold up first.
                            Also wanted to post that I have hear back from Robart Mfg. They just started back to work on May 18th. Dennis Crooks was going to speak with management about determining the cost for the gear and time frame for manufacturing. Once this is done, they will consider taking orders for them.

Comment

• Finising up my newly purchased Storch. The new kit has a plywood tool for setting the cg. With all of the discussion on cg that should solve the problem. Also there is a plywood guide for the flaps and ailerons setup which should help. With a Zenosh G38 the plane balanced just a bit low in the nose, perfect. One complaint is the number of the landing gear brace struts #1 and #2 should be reversed. WHOOPED my butt trying to get the gear to fit properly.

Comment

• Squidman: Could you post a picture of this "plywood tool for setting the CG."? The online manual does not say anthing about it. is it still showing 110mm from the LE of the SLOT?

Comment

• seems to me that if the plane needs alot of lead weight up front, might ne better to just use a bigger engine? i would rather have usefull power than dead weight. just my 2 cents.

Comment

• Darrell:
                                    Thanks for writing! I have a DLE 35 on it and I think it is fine with that. I had to put 4 pounds in it for balance, but I am not completely sure about the balance point still. I have been working with a guy in Europe that sells a 1/4 scale and 1/3 scale Storch and he says the balance point is very wide. He sent some drawings showing his CG range. I attached it here.
                                    The main thing I found is that the Slots are not in the correct position, based on his drawings. I think the airfoil might be fine, so my next step is to re-locate the slots and give it another try... Click image for larger version

Name:	Pallino Fieseler Storch CG.jpg
Views:	682
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	277607

Comment

• Robart landing gear retrofit update:
                                      I just received a note from Robart. It seems that they have decided NOT to make the replacement gear for the Black Horse Fieseler Storch.... Very sorry to hear this, as their prototype does work well! Hopefully someone out their that has the ability can make some for this wonderful airplane!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Squidman View Post
                                        Finising up my newly purchased Storch. The new kit has a plywood tool for setting the cg. With all of the discussion on cg that should solve the problem. Also there is a plywood guide for the flaps and ailerons setup which should help. With a Zenosh G38 the plane balanced just a bit low in the nose, perfect. One complaint is the number of the landing gear brace struts #1 and #2 should be reversed. WHOOPED my butt trying to get the gear to fit properly.
                                        Do you have any reports of how this plane flew with the G-38 or any installation photos of the 38? Did you have to butcher the cowl for the carburetor?

David

Comment

• Hello friends, it's been a few years since this post stopped, I'm from Spain and I send you a greeting,
                                          I recently bought a fieseler, from the supplier in Europe, and from what you see it is a v2.0 version which has a wooden tool to solve the CG problem. Now it comes covered on the inside with a layer of black fiber among others things, but the big doubt is that I see that with the wooden tool, the CG is in this version at 115mm but from the wing attack and not from the slat,
                                          I'm worried because I'm going to fly soon with a 38cc ngh and checking your messages about the balance changes on this second version of the stork​

Comment

Working...
                                          X