Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for the tips guys. I have a few mid-size warbirds with and without AS3X, so I will be looking at the Flight Line. It's my preference out of the two.

Brandon. Do you fly off of grass? If so, how did you find the wheel mod worked? Thanks for the info and pics btw. Your mod makes excellent sense and they look great. What size are the E Flite mains, if you don't mind me asking.

Comment

• The thing I've noticed about my Spitty, is the landing gear doesn't allow you any room for error when landing. Once on the ground, you have to be aware of its tendency to want to drag a wing tip. Ryan was saying something about that at NEFI. But, the Spitfire in the air is just beautiful!
      I have the Eflite BTW.

Grossman56
      Team Gross!

Comment

• Thanks for the reminder, Grossman56. That is something to be aware of, but I agree that they look great in the air. I bought the Freewing B-17 and Rebel this summer and if the Spitfire flies anything like that, then being a Flight Line/Freewing product it is a must have. After also seeing the new FMS Typhoon in the air, I am also realizing that I really like the look of the British warbirds. Previously I had been more drawn to the American ones, but unfortunately for my wallet, my horizons seem to be broadening.

Comment

• I hear you, I was really torn about which one to buy literally right up to the point of hitting the button. The point of buying the E Flite model was to find a warbird that someone who has flown a Pandora or something similar and was competent with it could easily transition into. The mission had not changed simply because of a failure of a battery lead. I had talked to one of the big guys at Motion to see if I could get a sweetheart deal on one and then write some info on the forum in regards to it being the transition path that some might want to try. Its always a challenge to find that 'right' warbird. I never did hear anything more than it was a great idea and they would discuss it.
          So, anyway, I got the second E Flite Spitty and it really is a great plane. Not a rocket, but then I didn't have to buy three or four new batteries as I have all the 2200 3s's from the Pandoras. Its a lot of fun to fly, although an experienced Warbird pilot would be best off going with the FlightLine. I would eventually like to get the FlightLine, as they were giving one away at NEFI and Diane was holding all the tickets,I said if we win, grab the Spitfire!!

It's tough deciding which way to go from here. The P38 has such a following that I'm, beginning to feel left out in the cold, but I'm thinking the Spitfire or the FW F86.
          I have to limit my spending on such things so whatever I decide for next year, it had to be the right one.....

Grossman56
          Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
            It's tough deciding which way to go from here. The P38 has such a following that I'm, beginning to feel left out in the cold, but I'm thinking the Spitfire or the FW F86.
            I have all three. :)

I LOVE the P-38, flies beautifully on a pair of 4s 3600mAh batteries. I LOVE THIS PLANE. It's big and easy to see in the air.

I LOVE the F-86, so much so that I'm on number 3. I wrecked one (pilot error) and replaced it, wrecked the second one (loss of signal) and replaced it. I'm ready to maiden number 3, hopefully in a few days.

The FLRC Spitfire, well lets see, right now I HATE this plane. I have had CG problems and control issues. I think I've got the CG problems worked out and need to address the control throws, I admit that I have not measured them and I think there is to much throw which is making the plane touchy as heck in pitch, I do not beleive the plane is tail heavy. I hope to get it back in the air in a few days to see how it flies.

Comment

I have to limit my spending on such things so whatever I decide for next year, it had to be the right one.....

Grossman56
              Dan,

I've had the pleasure to meet and fly with you in persone at NEFI this year. I see the passion you have for flying warbirds like myself and many others. With that said, I sincerely believe the best next plane for you would be the FL P-38. Think of it...take offs no more worry about prop torque(straight down the runway). A slow power-up scale take-off, OR hammer the throttle down and jump into the air! Super solid in the air (even those windy WY days). You will see and feel solid presence of this warbird in the air. Landing approaches are solid and predictable even on a windy day.....sigh.... 1600mm wing span, but two screws and unplug some wires, and she's easily tucked away in most vehicles. I think you get the idea of what i'd recommend.
              Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
              Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• I hear you Lon! At first I was considering passing this bird, but the more I see it the more I like it and you're right the size and the features make it an ideal bird for this end of the country. I may have to wait a year, but I think thats a great route to go.
                The F86 might be just a little too much with the runway we have here, now since Cowley is gone, its something I have to consider.
                I have the F8F on order and Diane and I want to invest in a nice trailer and I'd like to have it by the time we head for Nefi next year, hey a mobile club house!
                Not to mention I could pack a lot of planes in it as well!!

Grossman56
                Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by dkalwishky View Post
                  The FLRC Spitfire, well lets see, right now I HATE this plane. I have had CG problems and control issues. I think I've got the CG problems worked out and need to address the control throws, I admit that I have not measured them and I think there is to much throw which is making the plane touchy as heck in pitch, I do not believe the plane is tail heavy. I hope to get it back in the air in a few days to see how it flies.
                  I thought I'd give an update, I did some tweaking on the plane this morning and it is flying much better, I no long want to drill this plane into the ground like a fence post.

I found that the left aileron was warped, I gently bent it and worked it to the shape it should be, that made a big difference.

I want to mix in some up elevator when the flaps are deployed, she wants to pitch down pretty dramatically.

I verified the amount of control throw on all surfaces and they now match the manual, this also helped greatly with the flying characteristics.

I'm going to check the balance again tomorrow when I get to the field, I still need a lot of up elevator trim to get it flying level but she flew pretty nice.

The elliptical wing is sexy on a flyby. :)

Comment

• Would appreciate someone taking a moment to getting the approx. dimensions (HxWxD) in millimeters of the pilot figure of this FL Spitty for me so that I can determine if it will work on a mod I am working on.
                    Thanx,
                    Warbird Charlie
                    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Hey Charlie, I've got a spare pilot figure from the E Flite 1200 mm Spitty if you want it.

Grossman56
                      Team Gross!

Comment

• Bronco man, 53mm tall, 48mm wide, and deepest dorsal to ventral, at the mask , is about 30mm. I tried to put him in my 262 capture plane, but he looks like a child or my grandma trying to see over the dash.

Comment

• Westsider,
                          Dude, how'd you get my club nickname LOL(not too damn hard to figure huh:rolleyes:). Many thanx for the measurements!!
                          Warbird Charlie
                          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• At the base, he's 4.5 cm (1.75") wide, and 5 cm (2.0") tall, 3 cm (1.25") from nose to back. Here's a shot of him beside his bigger brother, a stock 1400mm FMS pilot.

Grossman56
                            Team Gross!

Comment

• Hey Dan.........I think he'll work. If you misplaced my address I gave you at NEFI just let me know over on the PM we've got open.
                              Thanx Gman
                              Warbird Charlie

Comment

• Hey Charlie, I'll e mail you, I have your card but there is no address on it.

Dan
                                Team Gross!

Comment

• Hi folks, new to this forum but been building planes forever. I received my Flightline Spit a couple of days ago only to find the aileron and rudder hinge torn, no major problem and fixed it quickly with some hinge tape. Apart from that the quality and scale detail is really impressive, the electronics seem more than up to the job with loads of excess power from the motor. As usual when I have a new plane to fly the weather closes in so time for a mod or two. First up, I hollowed out the chin air scoop to get some extra airflow over the esc to help cooling, next will be some dirty-ing up I think.

Comment

• Hey Simonslim, welcome to the forum!!
                                    Good choice of aircraft, they're pretty sweet. Good idea about the scoop, any cooling will help.
                                    Good luck with her!!

Grossman56
                                    Team Gross!

Comment

• Hi Simonslim. Welcome to Hobby Squawk. This is Tom from Motion RC. I'm very sorry about the problem with your hinge. If you post your order number here, I'd be happy to send you some hinge tape or some plastic Dubro hinges. I know you already fixed it but you'll have some extra supplies for the future. Thank you for your business!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom.MotionRC View Post
                                        Hi Simonslim. Welcome to Hobby Squawk. This is Tom from Motion RC. I'm very sorry about the problem with your hinge. If you post your order number here, I'd be happy to send you some hinge tape or some plastic Dubro hinges. I know you already fixed it but you'll have some extra supplies for the future. Thank you for your business!
                                        Thanks Tom, I'm over in the UK but hey thanks for the offer, I've been building for years and have quite a collection of accumulated hinges and tape. It was no real problem and took literally minutes to fix. Had a few foam warbirds but this is by far the best quality so far, looking at the P38 next.

Comment

Hey Simonslim, welcome to the forum!!
                                          Good choice of aircraft, they're pretty sweet. Good idea about the scoop, any cooling will help.
                                          Good luck with her!!

Grossman56
                                          Thanks Grossman56, :cool:

Comment

Working...
                                          X