Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi, does anyone know the exact paint colors of the Flightline 1.2m spitfire, i cant find the exact paint, I'm trying to repair after a paint scrape

Comment

• Hi Joe, welcome to the Squawk!
      The best way to color match is to take a piece of the plane to Ace or Lowes, even Wally world and have them scan the color. Get it in a satin/pint can, just went through this with another member. All others finishes require you to buy a quart can, which you don't need.
      When finishing, I apply Minwax Spar Urethane Gloss to seal the decals and then spray Minwax flat on it. layer it until it's as flat as you want.
      The Gloss seems to seal the decals better than the flat to my way of thinking.
      My Rule Of Thumb is if you want a very flat finish, spray, if you want a glossy finish, use a brush.

Grossman56
      Team Gross!

Comment

• Thank you so much! I should have my plane restored in no time!

Comment

• Hi all,

I did the mainden flight of my 1200mm spitfire 2 days ago. Generally speaking it was good but the plane needs about 2-3mm up elevator to fly straight, even though it's normally balanced. I have tried moving the battery a bit to the back but the plane still dives if I don't trim the elevator. Is there any way I can fix this problem?

Thanks!

Comment

• I don't remember the mm mine is balanced at and I realize that they may have lines differently on various planes but I balance on the black line near the fuselage.

A rearward balance really helps with it tipping forward on take off and landing.

Comment

• Hello! I maidened my spitfire a long time ago and I was extremely inexperienced for that plane at the time, and now that I'm fixing it.... I can't find a way to get rid of propeller wobble, I bought a new prop, and prop mount?( i think its called) but i cant get the original one off, so is there a way to do that?

Comment

• Have you removed the small allen headed screws holding it onto the motor?

Comment

• I can't get them off because they are so tightly screwed into the motor. and they are already stripping, so I don't want to go anymore but i might not be able to get them off anyway...

Comment

• Heat them with a soldering iron to break down the thread lock.

Comment

• hey so I got a replacement servo for one of my planes, and its not in the correct orientation, how do i fix this?

Comment

• nevermind i got it solved, im good!

Comment

• Hi

New to this looking for some advice/guidance on the best combination of radio+receiver+battery for the FlightLine RC 1200mm Spitfire

Thanks

Comment

• It takes a 6ch radio and there are way too many brands and choices. Spektrum makes a nice 6ch that would require almost no programming. They have a large selection of receivers with or without gyros, AS3X and SAFE. Most 4s batteries in the 3000 or so size work. I caution you buying either a Spektrum or Admiral brand as there are many as good but much less expensive.

Comment

• Hi T200,

If you are a new pilot, the Spitty (and any warbird) is not the ideal option to start the hobby with. These birds are hard to take off and land and they are not really friendly when it gets to stalls.
                              I would suggest a high wing trainer for a begginer.

Cheers

Comment

• Hello everyone! Just found out I was getting a Spit for Chritmas from my daughter's! Cant open the gift before then but was wondering if I will need to get more batteries. I have 1 4s 3200 and a bunch of 4s 2200's. Also a couple of 4s 6750's. Wondering if anyone has had some experience with these sizes?
                                thanks

Comment

• Hello! What an awesome present! She is a gorgeous bird! Regarding batteries, The spitty 1.2m can fly with maximum 4000mah 4s. I find the best ones to be the 3000mah 4s admirals. I also fly it with 2500mah pro ones.

Comment

• Congrats.

There are other brands out there and who says 4000 is the limit?

Comment

• I am just saying what I am using with success. You can use any battery you like. Moreover, I find the plane to become dull with anything heavier than a 4s 4000. It can fly but how it flies is a different story. This is my personal experience from that bird.

Comment

• Understood. My point is that Motion makes a battery recommendation on what they sell and there are other choices out there. Mine has a 2 bladed APC prop that is more efficient than the stock 4 bladed one and I have flown it 4, 5, and 6S. The 4S I use is either a Secokin 3700 that weighs 300g or a Hobby Star 4600 that weighs 380g, the 5S is a Zippy Compact 3700 that weighs 418g and the 6S a Hobby Star 3500 that weighs443g.

I understand that you are happy with the 3000 pack which is listed at 306g, just saying there are other choices plus the Spitfire handles the heavier battery well. My Spit is also FPV so it's even a bit heavier.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                                          Understood. My point is that Motion makes a battery recommendation on what they sell and there are other choices out there. Mine has a 2 bladed APC prop that is more efficient than the stock 4 bladed one and I have flown it 4, 5, and 6S. The 4S I use is either a Secokin 3700 that weighs 300g or a Hobby Star 4600 that weighs 380g, the 5S is a Zippy Compact 3700 that weighs 418g and the 6S a Hobby Star 3500 that weighs443g.

I understand that you are happy with the 3000 pack which is listed at 306g, just saying there are other choices plus the Spitfire handles the heavier battery well. My Spit is also FPV so it's even a bit heavier.

Comment

Working...
                                          X