Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hi shotgun welcome.. b4 i got my fline 1600 f4u i spent the last couple years on 50 inch dynam f4u ... awsome value i was paying 220 australian dollers.. gear a prob on grass in th end i belly landed them.. each one i had i trimed the aileron and added flaps,, did not need them but looks cool and slows to a crawl.. the other thing u mighy consider is a 650 kv motor and 60 amp esc.. in this format vertical is easy . and with a 4000 4 cell 7 to 9 minut flights ,,, hav fun good luck, will post some pics

Comment

• Comment

• last buy not least.. when u get good at the dynam f4u,, do yourself a favour ,, if u can ... buy a flightline 1600 f4u ,, its a pleasur to fly even in wind .. land and taxi back ,,no worry about gear,,, as i said dynam great value,, but when u c the quality of the fline ,, u will b in luv cya

Comment

• f4u ausie, thanks my friend, I will take your experience and meld it with the little that I have currently. Best of luck with the 1600.

Comment

• Great info Alpha, you da man thanks!

Comment

• Any idea we're and what paint I can use to touch up cheers

Comment

• Smudge123, Take a small part of the plane, (cockpit), to any hardware store and have them match the paint. If you are touching up small spots and scratches you will hardly notice the difference. However with a large area to paint you may want to consider repainting the aircraft.

Comment

• godforbid but a makeup kit can b handy 4touchups keep in mind i am an auto painter but simplicity counts

Comment

• Battery size and position. For those flying with larger than 2200 35C, what is your setup ?

Thanks,

Gary

Comment

• I fly with a 4200mah pushed to the firewall, no nose overs and such.
                      AMA 424553

Comment

• I dont have mine now. Bu an awsome starter warbird. Wen u get good a 650 kv motor. 60 amp esc. Is a good upgrade. I had 4000 lipo. But mine was 1 inch from allway forward

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	Dynam Vought F4U Corsair (1).JPG
Views:	451
Size:	189.4 KB
ID:	288687Click image for larger version

Name:	Dynam Vought F4U Corsair (5).JPG
Views:	407
Size:	211.4 KB
ID:	288688
                          Here's my old Dynam F4U from 2012. I installed a Bigfoot 25 -870kv motor in it with a Castle ESC. I used 3300 mAh 4 cell batteries and it flew great with those. I also tried a 3700. It was great to see it in the air and I think the paint colour still looks the best. I epoxied the wings and I don't fly it much now, but it can go anytime. As usual, I had trouble with the intermittent retracts, but eventually got the newest retrofits. Great price and if you work on it, it will be satisfying until you want to biggie size the Corsair. I still haven't bought the Flightline yet due to funding.

Comment

• Originally posted by f4u ausie View Post
                            I dont have mine now. Bu an awsome starter warbird...
                            I don't have mine no more either. I do miss 'er now and again though. I will get it replaced one day. Hopefully with the Birdcage.
                            Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

• Originally posted by BluesDragon View Post

I don't have mine no more either. I do miss 'er now and again though. I will get it replaced one day. Hopefully with the Birdcage.
                              That was fixable.
                              AMA 424553

Comment

Sorry for your loss. That's a classic wreckage. Broke her right in half! We have all experienced Dynam. They are a "gateway" into the Model Aircraft world. I have flown and crashed a few in the beginning and more pilot error than Dynam. Really, their 50 inch F4U is a bargain and now with partial flaps! Never been a fan of those foam injection points on the underside of their wings and the untaped wiring and other cheaper accents. Their lights and retracts are still a cheap mystery. The blue paint colour they use looks great, but it's hard to copy.

Comment

• Originally posted by RRHandy View Post

That was fixable.
                                  Yes it was.. but it would have made it even harder to get that Birdcage. After 27 years I've learnt how to play the marriage game!
                                  Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

Yes it was.. but it would have made it even harder to get that Birdcage. After 27 years I've learnt how to play the marriage game!
                                    Yes, My wife is very understanding but now in 4 years gone from 4 to 82 planes she now asks "do you need another plane" and I say yes but it's getting crowded in the house with all of them now. Need to sell some now for I think I might not fly some for there are so many. Some I have flown once and the pucker factor was in effect.
                                    AMA 424553

Comment

• I put so many takeoffs and landings on a V1 Dynam Corsair that it just wore out 😀. I just did the maiden a new V2 and she flys perfect. It will fly inverted (almost) hands free and takeoffs and landings are very scale. One of my favorite daily flyers along with the Dynam T28, P47 and Hellcat. I also have the Flightline TigerCat, P38, and Corsair. I luv the TigerCat but not so much the P38 and Corsair.

Comment

• Short flight before the storms roll through Chicagoland.
                                        Click image for larger version  Name:	Corsair 2021.jpg Views:	0 Size:	272.2 KB ID:	316255

Comment

Working...
                                        X