X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MotionJB View Post
    Hey guys, in all the excitement, don't miss the interview with Alpha himself on the RCAfterHours podcast. He goes into detail about how he started, what goes into making these planes and of course the B-24. Since he doesn't like to show his face, a podcast was perfect ;)

http://www.rcafterhours.com/018-excl...from-motionrc/
    Absolutely.........I enjoyed the interview :Cool:

I can remember the early days when Alpha was like the sole CS and I had a really great telecom with him prior to buying the A-6.
    Hard to believe that in just a short 5 years since being established where Mark, Tom and Alpha as well as the rest of the team has progressed the huge success of the MRC enterprise.

Best Regards,
    Warbird Charlie
    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Originally posted by OV10 View Post

Absolutely.........I enjoyed the interview :Cool:

I can remember the early days when Alpha was like the sole CS and I had a really great telecom with him prior to buying the A-6.
      Hard to believe that in just a short 5 years since being established where Mark, Tom and Alpha as well as the rest of the team has progressed the huge success of the MRC enterprise.

Best Regards,
      Yeah! Love hearing that.

We hope to do this more often with Alpha, maybe we won't go into as much detail about the industry but Chris and I really enjoyed picking his brain.
      Stay tuned.

Andre.
      Intagram, YouTube, RCAfterhours

Comment

Listening to it now... at work. :Scared:

Comment

Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
          Listening to it now... at work. :Scared:
          Same for me..

Comment

And I actually heard/learned(looked it up) a new word today(which I try to do every day;)) on that podcast. Around the 17:20 mark, Alpha uses the term "modernity" :Cool:
            Warbird Charlie
            HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Originally posted by Gringotuerto View Post

I wonder if it is structurally possible to fit with bomb bay doors, or if that section is required to stay intact for strength. Of course adding a drop capability would be a common modification, it if is possible without major structural change.
              Yes, plenty of room.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Bomb_Bay02.jpg
Views:	1103
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	104826

Click image for larger version

Name:	Bomb_Bay01.jpg
Views:	1107
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	104827
              TiredIron Aviation
              Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Just ordered.... :Cool: Got the silver one. That should be a great base coat for some faded olive drab and lots of paint chipping.... Everyone have a very blessed Thanksgiving!! Jerry

Comment

So who's gonna be the first to turn this into a PB4-Y2?

Comment

Originally posted by Regatoni5 View Post
                    So who's gonna be the first to turn this into a PB4-Y2?
                    If there is anyone out there to convert something to the Navy version, my money would be on Warbird Charlie... :Cool: Just sayin..

Comment

Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post

If there is anyone out there to convert something to the Navy version, my money would be on Warbird Charlie... :Cool: Just sayin..
                      Its definitely doable. I'm still very new to RC, but have a tendency to not leave things alone so i may just attempt to once im' set up in San Diego.

Comment

Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post

;)
                        Warbird Charlie

Comment

What an exciting model! Twin schmin ... we pilots often mark as notable our first model powered by TWO power systems?! Thanks to MotionRC, many pilots, myself included, will now get the thrill of flying their first scale multi-engine model. Sure, there were a few nice models of B-17s available but this big bomber spans 2000mm! :bluecool

Comment

TI, why is there P-61 nose art on your B-24 decal sheet??? Hmmmm????:Confused:

Comment

Originally posted by OV10 View Post

;)
                              so thats a "you're in?"

Comment

Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

Yes, plenty of room.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Bomb_Bay02.jpg Views:	1 Size:	70.4 KB ID:	104826

Click image for larger version  Name:	Bomb_Bay01.jpg Views:	1 Size:	81.5 KB ID:	104827

Thanks for all the support, everyone! This is shaping up to be a lightning quick pre-order!

To answer Gringotuerto's question, yes, there's plenty of room for a bomb bay modification. In fact, what isn't present in the pictures TiredIronGRB posted is the plywood spine that is glued into that inset area between the two fuselage halves. We included that so that, when the modders cut into the doors inside of the panel lines, there would still be adequate reinforcement to stabilize the fuselage. The real B-24 had a walkway that went along the center of the fuselage; in our model, that centerline is where the plywood plate is. In the next few days as I have time, I'll post pictures of it at the factory before it's sandwiched between the two fuselage halves during assembly, and I'll also post measurements for Adam, Bob, and Co. Our idea was to make modding as straightforward an affair as possible. Simply slice along the panel lines, hinge as/where desired, and add an actuating servo. You won't need to hack up the fuselage interior... the mod can be accomplished very cleanly.
                                Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

ordered the green one myself...now to figure out what livery arghhh so many! kinda neat on their website ,that little box that pops open when people buy stuff...keep seeing it announce "so and so just purchased the B-24" ..just constantly almost lol
                                  www.TSHobbies.com
                                  Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Comment

Now see, this is what you get when planes are designed for modelers, by modelers:Cool:. I heard or saw mentioned, an optional functional nose gear strut. Are there going to be upgrades for the mains as well, or does it set too low for that?

Comment

Just like Consolidated and Ford. Production!
                                      Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                                      Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                                      I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

The B-24 depicted in this model "Witchcraft" was in my dad's group during WW2. (467thBG, 2nd AD, 8th AF) He passed in late 2015 at 96, I wish that he could've been around to see this RC version of a plane that he saw very often.
                                        I've attached a shot of my dad inside the B-24 "Strawberry Bitch" at the Air Force Museum, Wright-Patterson AFB, Dayton, OH. That was the first time he'd set foot in a '24 in over 60 years. A tidbit of info about that plane: It was flown to the museum by Col. Albert Shower, the C/O of the 467th during WW2 of which "Witchcraft" belonged.
                                        Nice job on the model! Now all I have to do is get through the 3-4 projects sitting on my bench and buy this plane!

Comment

listening to the podcast during my lunch hour and it really resonates as somebody who grew up around aircraft, used to build model aircraft, always dreaming of the day that I could fly an RC plane, and now being in a corporate job and wishing for the joy of doing something fun again. Alpha's comments could easily be my own. Kind of scary actually.

Also while listening, I was on the MotionRC website reading over the specs in a little more detail and noticing how many alerts come up on the screen showing the number of B-24's being ordered. As somebody in product development and management, I would be overjoyed if I saw a product selling this quickly and being accepted by the market.

Comment

Working...
                                          X