X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
    Sneak peak at our initial 3DP Detail Sets for the B-24... I'll post installed photos tomorrow from the factory. To those of you who contacted me about receiving files to play with on your 3D printers, I'll send those out within the week. We also encourage tweaking or additional detailing.

Click image for larger version

Name:	mmexport1511759386500.jpg
Views:	1043
Size:	107.0 KB
ID:	105805
    Very nice , Alpha!!!

Bob

Comment

• Themudduck, we're going to be offering the kits on our website, for those who want an OEM printed set. We print prototype propeller blades, EDF blades, and many structural parts for our prototypes with our printers, so they're good :) . If you zoom in on my photo, the raised dial bezels on the instrument panel are about the thickness of postcard paper.

Due to unavoidable shipping times as we head into the holidays, though, the files will be made available online for download within the next couple of weeks, but the first shipment of factory printed kits won't arrive to the USA until at least mid-Jan.

I can also announce, since it's Cyber Monday, a bit of a teaser or sorts... we are also launching a line of 3DP Detail Upgrade Sets for several Freewing and FlightLine aircraft. We're starting with ejection seats, since those are the most obviously "simplified" areas of a foam airplane that would benefit from extra surface detail and crispness.
      Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by Ocalavol
        I'm in: just ordered!
        Hey Ocalavol, I lived in Ocala many, many years ago. Beautiful area, nice people, delicious food!
        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Alpha: you need to visit now. Many things have changed in the 5 years I've been here, mostly for the better. Lots of modelers and more coming every month. This will be my 7th MRC model. Love the selection you guys offer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
            Themudduck, we're going to be offering the kits on our website, for those who want an OEM printed set. We print prototype propeller blades, EDF blades, and many structural parts for our prototypes with our printers, so they're good :) . If you zoom in on my photo, the raised dial bezels on the instrument panel are about the thickness of postcard paper.

Due to unavoidable shipping times as we head into the holidays, though, the files will be made available online for download within the next couple of weeks, but the first shipment of factory printed kits won't arrive to the USA until at least mid-Jan.

I can also announce, since it's Cyber Monday, a bit of a teaser or sorts... we are also launching a line of 3DP Detail Upgrade Sets for several Freewing and FlightLine aircraft. We're starting with ejection seats, since those are the most obviously "simplified" areas of a foam airplane that would benefit from extra surface detail and crispness.
            Absolutely outstanding!! I have a lot of confidence in you guys - its ordering 3D parts from 3rd parties that seems a little skeevy. :Scared:
            Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• To keep things simple I think I'm going to push for a PB4Y-1 conversion with either "Gallopin Ghost" livery or "Calvert n' Coke." I've gotta keep the Naval Aviation theme going!

Gallopin Ghost

Calvert n' Coke

Comment

• Originally posted by themudduck View Post

I am wondering if this bird would fly well on 3-cell packs? Since its so over-powered, that might result in a nicer scale flight. It will be very interesting to see.
                If any of you guys who are testing the models would let us know if you've tried that, it would be great.
                Just throttle back...having more power than you need is a good thing.

Comment

• Heres an interesting livery scheme that one could pursue.

Comment

• Originally posted by Regatoni5 View Post
                    Heres an interesting livery scheme that one could pursue.
                    How embarrassing. Can you see me now?
                    Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Originally posted by pmisuinas View Post

Just throttle back...having more power than you need is a good thing.
                      :) Well yeah I know I can do that, but I was thinking maybe I could fly this indoors. A 3-cell pack might give it a more seasoned throttle response (compared to trying to fly it at 1/8 throttle on a 4S pack) and I'm thinking it could result in a slightly lighter model as well. I'm planning on doing some experimenting once I get my hands on it but while we're waiting impatiently for that sea container to arrive, I was wondering if any of the "Apollo dudes" had tried a 3-cell. So far... all I hear is crickets....

Something else I am going to check out is if I can take the split flaps and re-install them as fowler flaps. I'm sure that would help.

I like flying bombers slow. It provides a longer time to gaze upon the awesomeness as it cruises by. Although... flying it inverted on the deck, right down the runway at 60mph does sound like it would be fun....

Comment

How embarrassing. Can you see me now?
                        The article said that this was the formation plane, so it would fly and the rest of the bomb group would form up on it. Once the formation was set this aircraft would RTB

Comment

Absolutely outstanding!! I have a lot of confidence in you guys - its ordering 3D parts from 3rd parties that seems a little skeevy. :Scared:
                          I had some done for my Marauder. They are OK. Not super super detailed but pretty good. Pics are in the B26 thread

Comment

• Originally posted by petefoss View Post
                            Me too! I'm interested in the files.
                            I would like the files as well!

Comment

The article said that this was the formation plane, so it would fly and the rest of the bomb group would form up on it. Once the formation was set this aircraft would RTB
                              The 1/48th scale Monogram B-24 kit had the "building dioramas" by Shepard Paine. He did a B-24 getting its formation paint job.... Remember it like yesterday, but I was about 16 yrs old then!!! LOL http://sheperdpaine.atspace.com/b24j.htm

Comment

Heres an interesting livery scheme that one could pursue.
                                It reminds me of Moby Dick, quite unattractive and not something I'd emulate. One positive however, is that you can see that thing quite easily and be less likely to lose orientation.

Comment

Yeah there are a number of really fantastic paint jobs for formation planes that you can find. Flying one with polka-dots seems silly - I bet the pilot got it from all sides. Maybe he had an A2 jacket with dots all over it so they could see him coming into the officer's club and "form" on him! LOL

Image result for B-24 formation plane

Comment

• Skittle-pox.

Comment

• yeah the formation planes can be really interesting..heres one I built in 1/72 called 'Lemon Drop'
                                      www.TSHobbies.com
                                      Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Comment

• One note about the formation planes..all the armament was removed from these planes, so no guns... and an interesting thought about the bomb bays for those considering making them work like the real ones... B-24s typically were kept parked with their bomb doors open to prevent moisture build-up in the fuse.
                                        www.TSHobbies.com
                                        Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Comment

• Here's one you may have seen, or one like it, a B24 nose turret

Can you imagine what it must have been like climbing into that.

Comment

Working...
                                          X