X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dave,

Not sure what you mean about the nose gear doors being splayed out. Here are some pics of the full scale. Hawk

Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
    Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
    I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Originally posted by dahawk View Post

Dave,

Not sure what you mean about the nose gear doors being splayed out. Here are some pics of the full scale. Hawk
      Hi Dahawk: I didn't see your photos of the nosegear door of the B-24 with your post unless I'm not doing something right to pull them up. But I found a couple of photos to illustrate my point. One is my dad's B-24M before they left from England for the USA after the war. Not a great detail pic of the nose but you can see they are "splayed out," meaning not straight up and down as in the model prototype. Also attached is a pic I found online of a real B-24 and the nose gear doors, Definitely not straight down, but "splayed out" is my term for them.

Comment

• Originally posted by davegee View Post

Hi Dahawk: I didn't see your photos of the nosegear door of the B-24 with your post unless I'm not doing something right to pull them up. But I found a couple of photos to illustrate my point. One is my dad's B-24M before they left from England for the USA after the war. Not a great detail pic of the nose but you can see they are "splayed out," meaning not straight up and down as in the model prototype. Also attached is a pic I found online of a real B-24 and the nose gear doors, Definitely not straight down, but "splayed out" is my term for them.
        Here are a few more I just found on the internet that show the outward (splayed out, my term) angle of the nose gear doors better.

Comment

• Ahhh Thanks. See what you mean now, I don't think the earlier D model had those or perhaps the ground crews ripped them out. LOL
          Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39

Comment

Ahhh Thanks. See what you mean now, I don't think the earlier D model had those or perhaps the ground crews ripped them out. LOL
            There were several models of the B-24 that had inward retracting nose gear doors, so it looks like they don't have ANY nose gear doors, but they actually did. So, if you see planes with just the naked nose gear and no doors, chances are it is a model that had the inward retracting doors and you would have to peek inside the gear well to see them. Not sure why some were designed like that, but there must have been a reason.
            cheers

Comment

• Originally posted by davegee View Post

There were several models of the B-24 that had inward retracting nose gear doors, so it looks like they don't have ANY nose gear doors, but they actually did. So, if you see planes with just the naked nose gear and no doors, chances are it is a model that had the inward retracting doors and you would have to peek inside the gear well to see them. Not sure why some were designed like that, but there must have been a reason.
              cheers
              Just found this online. It details some differences on B-24s built at various factories during WWII. I'm modeling my dad's B-24H which had the outward doors, hence my interest in this detail, but some B-24s would have looked just as the model does with the "naked" nosewheel and gear doors not visible. So, it's all what you're trying to detail.

Comment

• Nice!!! Good detail descriptions and nice pics!!! Thanks!!! davegee

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                  Nice!!! Good detail descriptions and nice pics!!! Thanks!!! davegee
                  You bet, Hardway, hope that helps anyone interested in doing this detail. As I mentioned in a previous post, I am hopeful that I can use the same spring mechanism that stretches across the nosegear wheelwell and attached on either end to the nose gear doors. That way, they'll look like they are supposed to with them 'splayed out" per the photos, and will be pulled closed when the nose gear strut catches on the spring when the gear retracts. The P-47, Corsair and others had the tailwheel doors splayed out like this, not hanging straight down. This idea worked great on my FMS P-47 razorback.

Comment

• Yes,

I'm trying to capture the same kind of history with my Dad's Squadron. 8th Air Force, 93rd Bombardment Group 409th Bomb Squadron. There is a lot of it. He was a Tech Sarge. Hardwick, N. Africa, Hardwick,N.Africa ( Ploesti raid) Back to Hardwick.

The early models came out Consolidated's San Diego plant. Then Willow Run ( Ford) in Detroit. Then Ft.Worth. I think there were more variants coming out of the Ford plant. In fact,the very early models had very little livery at all. Maybe a squadron insignia . But I am finding nose art. I'm so excited to get this model. Wish I could open the box Christmas morning.

Comment

Yes,

I'm trying to capture the same kind of history with my Dad's Squadron. 8th Air Force, 93rd Bombardment Group 409th Bomb Squadron. There is a lot of it. He was a Tech Sarge. Hardwick, N. Africa, Hardwick,N.Africa ( Ploesti raid) Back to Hardwick.

The early models came out Consolidated's San Diego plant. Then Willow Run ( Ford) in Detroit. Then Ft.Worth. I think there were more variants coming out of the Ford plant. In fact,the very early models had very little livery at all. Maybe a squadron insignia . But I am finding nose art. I'm so excited to get this model. Wish I could open the box Christmas morning.
                      Me, too, but we'll have to wait until January...(sigh)

Comment

• Originally posted by purduephigam View Post
                        My apologies if this has already been touched on, but has anyone had any luck with a sound system? I love the jets, but don't think I could deny a big scale-sounding bomber. For those that are experimenting I'm wondering what the most beneficial set up would be in terms of number of transducer speakers and bass transducers, 4.1 vs ASPIRE, etc. Seems like some of the reviews cast some doubt. If anyone has a clip, please share, I'd love to hear!!
                        I need to figure out the install. Not much on the net. Looks like with the amplifier we need to connect to two power sources, 1 for the 4.1 card and one for the amp. Well, there's two batteries. Just don't want to fry anything.

Ordered a couple of in-line JST XT-60 plugs from Hobby King

Comment

• I'm trying to figure out if this plane will fit in my Maxima (I've managed to fit the 1500mm FMS P-47 and 70mm A-10, thanks in large part to the individual wing panels, as the B-24 has). Can anybody with one of the pre-release examples of the Liberator tell me what the span of the horizontal stabilizer is (rudder to rudder) and also the height of the rudders? I'm hoping this will fit on the back seat -- the length is not a problem, I can tell that already, nor are the two wing panels.

Comment

• Two more sets just added, Lady Be Good and Tokio Express

Below are our current offerings for this plane.Not sure what scale your model is?  Check out our Scale Help page to find out.  If your scale isn't listed, no worries!  We are always happy to make up a smaller/larger scale or an in-between size.  Contact Us for a price.

Click image for larger version

Name:	b-24 lady be good.jpg
Views:	627
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	107620Click image for larger version

Name:	b-24 tokio express.jpg
Views:	649
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	107618
                            Attached Files

Comment

• The build video is out. Nice job Pilot Ryan!

Comment

• Awesome ! Thanks for posting.

Gathering all my goodies in advance :

- Admiral 10 ch RX with Sat- never know when I'll add Bombay doors, moving turrets, etc.
                                - Mr. RC Sound amp and bass speaker for 4.1- Gotta have sound
                                - Multi-engine chip
                                - (2) in line XT60 plugs w/ JST for 4.1 & amp
                                - Pair of Admiral 4S 4000's
                                - Callie Graphics 93rd Bombardment Group 409th Bomb Squadron, 8th Air Force ( Dad's group)
                                - Not yet sure about lights

I'll be ready to pounce on this one when she gets here.

Hawk

Comment

• Looks like for us using Deans connectors we're going to need something to convert from Bullet or XT60 to Deans.

I'd like to know about the battery setup, my lipos are all Deans, is the XT60 the battery connection and the bullets to the motors? Hopefully that's the case because I have XT60 to Dean adapters already.

Comment

• I took this from the video, Dean to the battery and bullets to the motors. Looks like I'll just CA an adapter to the XT60's to get to Deans. Easy peasy...

Comment

• Here's a good look at my adapters. My batts are still deans as well.

Comment

• Thanks Ryan, I've got the same Admiral adapter. :)

Comment

• Originally posted by dkalwishky View Post
                                          Thanks Ryan, I've got the same Admiral adapter. :)
                                          Everyone should stock up when they come back.

Comment

Working...
                                          X