Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TI I love the pictures! My grandaughter is just 3 months old. I'm already picking out planes for her!

Alpha that is super cool providing the stl files. Looks like foam airplanes and 3d-printing are a great combination. I need to get re-current with Blender and see if I can find a good printer for a reasonable price.
    Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• With all this stuff coming out, I might look into this as well later down the road. Right now I am focused on getting my truck back up and running, plus having to put together Christmas for my kids. Thankfully you guys helped me out with my situational double whammy. That was one huge help to getting myself back on track again.

Comment

• Good to hear Rifleman!

Alpha, thanks for the files. This is gonna be fun! :Cool:

Comment

• Alpha,

Files 10-1 through 4 are all linked to 10-5. And, Files 12-1 through 3 are all linked to 12-4.

Comment

• Working on that... thanks for the heads up.
            Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Thank you for the files!

Comment

• Thanks Alpha! Appreciate all the extra effort by you and the Motion team.

Bob

Comment

• Alright guys, for those going with the "D" nose here's a graphic...it's not the best as I wasn't able to find and full on front images to hack up.

Click image for larger version

Name:	B24D_Nose_Detail.png
Views:	613
Size:	663.1 KB
ID:	108411
                  TiredIron Aviation
                  Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Thanks George!

Bob

Comment

• Thank you George for that decal! Its a lot better than bare foam!

Dear Alpha, thank you for those files. May I ask what might be a dumb question, since I don't know all the ins and outs of 3D printing.

Say one has access to a printer and you load up those STL files to the computer to print them. Can those files be "scaled" to make the parts slightly bigger or smaller? Or is it locked, unable to be modified. I'm sure they're the right size, but I'm just wondering about the functionality.

Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• I am delighted that first, Flightline and Motion RC came up with this great B-24 model, and second, that there is so much enthusiasm for it on Hobbysquawk. I really enjoy reading all the posts, and the almost limitless paint schemes that are available with this model. For me, I'm going to paint mine up as an H model from the 446th BG that my dad flew in, stationed in Bungay, England in 1943-44. It is neat that there is so much personal attachment for this plane with folks who have relatives or know of someone who flew these planes in combat back then. I'll attach a pic of my dad and his crew taken on the tarmac at Bungay. He is standing, far right.

Comment

• Originally posted by themudduck View Post
                          Thank you George for that decal! Its a lot better than bare foam!

Dear Alpha, thank you for those files. May I ask what might be a dumb question, since I don't know all the ins and outs of 3D printing.

Say one has access to a printer and you load up those STL files to the computer to print them. Can those files be "scaled" to make the parts slightly bigger or smaller? Or is it locked, unable to be modified. I'm sure they're the right size, but I'm just wondering about the functionality.

They should be.

Comment

• Please let us know when the links are atraightened out! Tons of duplicate links. Can you just zip all tje stl files into one archive?

Comment

• I have a question. I was watching the video on the build of the B-24 by Ryan. It showed the vertical tail fins already painted in the red and white colors for Witchcraft, as well as the red cowls for that plane. I'm assuming ALL airplanes will come like this when ordering the OD version? No big deal, I guess, as I'll have to paint over these areas to make the painted version of the plane I want to replicate, I was just hoping it would be a totally generic OD/Neutral Grey paint scheme where we could more easily do it up in the version we want to.

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
                                For those wanting to use a 2" nose wheel here's a comparison between the stock A-10 type wheel and a 2.25" wheel from a LX B-25, as you can see the smaller wheel leaves a gap between it and the fuselage and would require shortening the strut which really isn't a good option as it would lower the plane even more. I think they designed it with a good mixture of scale appearance and practical usage in mind.

Name:	20171208_230714800_iOS.jpg
Views:	862
Size:	130.3 KB
ID:	107795

Name:	20171208_230940343_iOS.jpg
Views:	860
Size:	122.6 KB
ID:	107796
                                Where can I get one of those 225" dia. LX B-25 wheels?

Comment

• Originally posted by davegee View Post

Where can I get one of those 225" dia. LX B-25 wheels?
                                  They're out of stock...I got mine from Banana Hobby.
                                  TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

They're out of stock...I got mine from Banana Hobby.
                                    Dang TI,

I looked at BH and all I could find were the complete LG, not just the wheels. Maybe I didn't look hard enough.
                                    Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                                    Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                                    I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Originally posted by dahawk View Post

Dang TI,

I looked at BH and all I could find were the complete LG, not just the wheels. Maybe I didn't look hard enough.
                                      I'm working on getting a few of the wheels now, I'll post up if my guy comes through.
                                      TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Originally posted by davegee View Post
                                        I have a question. I was watching the video on the build of the B-24 by Ryan. It showed the vertical tail fins already painted in the red and white colors for Witchcraft, as well as the red cowls for that plane. I'm assuming ALL airplanes will come like this when ordering the OD version?
                                        You are correct, the OD's come with red tails and the silver come with yellow. Kinda bummed me out a bit also. But watcha gonna do

Comment

• Originally posted by NoDirt! View Post
                                          But watcha gonna do
                                          Take 45 seconds to paint it?

TiredIron Aviation

Comment

Working...
                                          X