Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's a size comparison between the new B-24 and the HK B-17.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20171201_222609297_iOS.jpg
Views:	910
Size:	175.1 KB
ID:	106646

Name:	20171201_222427768_iOS.jpg
Views:	898
Size:	180.2 KB
ID:	106647

Name:	20171201_222355143_iOS.jpg
Views:	874
Size:	179.7 KB
ID:	106648

Name:	20171201_222648533_iOS.jpg
Views:	930
Size:	194.8 KB
ID:	106649

Name:	20171201_222306588_iOS.jpg
Views:	892
Size:	195.9 KB
ID:	106650

Name:	20171201_222319121_iOS.jpg
Views:	873
Size:	189.7 KB
ID:	106651

Name:	20171201_222204666_iOS.jpg
Views:	937
Size:	187.1 KB
ID:	106652

Name:	20171201_222552732_iOS.jpg
Views:	889
Size:	196.8 KB
ID:	106653

TiredIron Aviation
    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

Pat........Had to go look and see what branch you served with in the Military Branch Survey.
      Knew you weren't Navy cause they taught us left is Port and right is Starboard. LOL
      So true. Never bothered to learn that naval terminology. Us Air Force types just stick with left/right. :)
      Pat

Comment

• I NEED THAT B-17! THEY CAN'T BE HAD ANYWHERE RIGHT NOW. I'm sad.

Comment

• Originally posted by dkalwishky View Post
          I NEED THAT B-17! THEY CAN'T BE HAD ANYWHERE RIGHT NOW. I'm sad.
          That's why I stocked up on them, I want to make sure I'll have one when I'm old...er.

TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

That's why I stocked up on them, I want to make sure I'll have one when I'm old...er.

George we are only as old as we feel.

I am glad that I too stocked up on these wonderful B-17's - V1s and V2s!

Gotta keep 'em flying!

Bob

Comment

• Originally posted by borntoolate View Post

George we are only as old as we feel.

I am glad that I too stocked up on these wonderful B-17's - V1s and V2s!

Gotta keep 'em flying!

Bob
              I learned from the best :Cool:
              TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Plane ordered, Now the Graphics are ordered! Getting Excited to see my Pop's ship in miniature, And Flying! Only way this could be better? If he was still here to see it!

Comment

I NEED THAT B-17! THEY CAN'T BE HAD ANYWHERE RIGHT NOW. I'm sad.
                  You can still get a V1 from Richard at General Hobby:

Earlier this week I saw a post that he has another shipment en route.
                  Pat

Comment

• I was going to order, but unsure of the quality having only dealt with MRC, I think I’m spoiled! LOL
                    Do I want a V1? How is their service?

Comment

• Yeah but I think I want the V2. The deep panel lines on the V1 are kind of a turn off for me. Maybe I’m just being too fussy and it doesn’t look as bad as I think it dos.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boots Whirlygig View Post

I was going to order, but unsure of the quality having only dealt with MRC, I think I’m spoiled! LOL
                        Do I want a V1? How is their service?
                        I got my V1 from GH. It was not in stock when I ordered (although the site did not indicate that), but he had some on order from Sonic. I think it took about two weeks to get mine. Richard was responsive to emails the whole time though.
                        Pat

Comment

Yeah but I think I want the V2. The deep panel lines on the V1 are kind of a turn off for me. Maybe I’m just being too fussy and it doesn’t look as bad as I think it dos.
                          True, the panel lines on V1 are deeper than V2, but once in the air you don't notice them at all. The V1 actually flies pretty well. The only changes I did were to switch to the FMS B-25 props and hubs, and I added the FMS Bf-109 retractable tail wheel unit. If the V2s never come back in stock, it may be your only option.
                          Pat

Comment

• Plane ordered - silver
                            i can't decide whether or not to do a formation ship or The Dragon and His Tail. Good thing I have a month to figure that out.
                            I may even finally pull the trigger on a 3D printer thanks...

So here's my latest thought. I fly Spektrum. Should I install a powersafe receiver in this bird, or go with a standard receiver? Any advice would be appreciated.

Comment

• Three more schemes have just been added!
                              Below are our current offerings for this plane.Not sure what scale your model is?  Check out our Scale Help page to find out.  If your scale isn't listed, no worries!  We are always happy to make up a smaller/larger scale or an in-between size.  Contact Us for a price.

Name:	b-24 hey moe.jpg
Views:	678
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	106730Click image for larger version

Name:	b-24 ole king cole.jpg
Views:	675
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	106731Click image for larger version

Name:	b-24 tubarao.jpg
Views:	652
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	106732

Comment

• Originally posted by Gilatrout View Post
                                So here's my latest thought. I fly Spektrum. Should I install a powersafe receiver in this bird, or go with a standard receiver? Any advice would be appreciated.
                                :Confused:So why would you even go with such an expensive overkill ??
                                Warbird Charlie
                                HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Thanks Callie,

I'm still researching the livery from my Dad's squadron. 8th Air Force 93rd Bombardment group, 409th bomb squadron Ted's Traveling Circus This was their squadron emblem. I think there were typically 10-12 airplanes assigned to a squadron. As a Tech Sarge and crew chief I'm sure he worked on them all
                                  Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                                  Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                                  I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

:Confused:So why would you even go with such an expensive overkill ??
                                    Beats me, I fly Spektrum as well and after losing a couple of birds to what I suspect was signal loss, I started, on your recommendation, to use Lemon receivers (or Admirals as Motion RC stocks them), much better receivers at a much better price.
                                    Anyone else impressed at how easily these receivers bind?? I sure am.
                                    Grossman56
                                    Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post

Anyone else impressed at how easily these receivers bind?? I sure am.
                                      Grossman56
                                      I'm using the Lemon 6, 7,and 10 channels with diversity. I also use the diversity sats with them. Just can't have too many things grabbing the signal. When I need more I'll get the Admiral versions.

Comment

• :Cool:I know I am Grossman, I only use lemons now (for at least two years) simple to use, reliable, excellent price point & I love being able to dial up or down the stabiliser sensitivity in flight! :Cool:

Comment

• Thanks Callie! While maybe not as spectacular as some of these fighting machines, this one " Hey Moe" carried my Dad into battle and home again numerous times. The 24 Named Extra Joker that is famous being photographed as it exploded in flames. Was in formation not far from My Dad's ship. They were over Austria, 1944.

Comment

Working...
                                          X