Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am going to paint the red and white rudders and the black diagonal stripe on the vertical stabs. The decals are nice, but I think paint will be better! Have the base coat of silver on and white is next for the rudders. That is all rattle can, then out comes the airbrush for the stripes....

Comment

• Awesome !
      Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
      Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
      I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
        I was going to use the silver base for a heavily chipped OD bird, but after seeing the pics of this livery, I just had to try the challenge of the graphics. I sent TiredIron a PM to get the go-ahead, since his was the only one out there that I have seen. Didn't want to step on any toes!!! :Cool: Thank you George for being so gracious...
        :Confused: George didn't invent or copyright that graphic.
        There is no toes being stepped on and yes George is one of the most gracious gents I've personally met in ages.;)
        It is a :Cool:looking livery and having another model representing the artistry of S/Sgt Sarkis E. Bartigian is another kudo to a very talented veteran.
        Warbird Charlie
        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• I know Charlie. I just don’t like duplicating effort on a livery already modeled. I like being unique! :Silly: Since we are a big family here, I just thought it would be nice to ask first. :Cool: But, the Dragon grew on me!

Comment

• one thing to consider on the nose gear doors..the D model the doors retracted into the fuselage, where the J model simply opened
            www.TSHobbies.com
            Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Comment

• Maybe FLRC could offer some .stl files so that they could be 3D printed?
              Pat

Comment

I know Charlie. I just don’t like duplicating effort on a livery already modeled. I like being unique! :Silly: Since we are a big family here, I just thought it would be nice to ask first. :Cool: But, the Dragon grew on me!
                Did you check with Callie to see if she sold those graphics to anyone else? Wouldn't want to step on any toes.

Comment

• Originally posted by radfordc View Post

Did you check with Callie to see if she sold those graphics to anyone else? Wouldn't want to step on any toes.
                  Yes. Callie was great, as usual.... :Cool:

Comment

• Tail with paint..... One more to go. :Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by radfordc View Post

Was there a reason you asked, or was it just for fun?

Comment

• This side has issues. It seemed to gator more, the paint didn't adhere like the other side and it had some paint bleed. I can fix it, but I have another vertical stab I may just start over on.... Sigh.... :Thinking::Straight-Face:

Comment

This side has issues. It seemed to gator more, the paint didn't adhere like the other side and it had some paint bleed. I can fix it, but I have another vertical stab I may just start over on.... Sigh.... :Thinking::Straight-Face:
                          Are you putting a primer on first? I have painted on over 14 foam planes and found that I have to first put down some of the testor's primer, then paint it. The primer is a little thick so it also fills in any imperfections (most notably the foam gator surface). I then use testor's high gloss enamel and get a great finish with only one coat (rarely have to use 2 coats, depending on the color). I have to paint virtually all my wing tips and tail for visibility (cause I'M BLIND), and usually also the bottom of the plane (especially the wing tip, usually red on bottom to contrast yellow on top) to help me with orientation. Here's just a few. The finish comes out absolutely flat and perfect with a high gloss finish that is much harder than the foam.
                          Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                          Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Hi all. I've had my B-24 since Christmas but just now getting her all set up and running into a few problems. Did anyone else have motor issues? Anytime I taxi her over half throttle she just goes into a ground loop to the left, even with full right rudder to counteract. I can't even get her off the ground. The outboard port-side motor does not sound to be running smoothly in comparison to the other three. Any recommendations? Initially I thought I may not have had the ESC's calibrated properly but I've done that several times and they all seem to be running in sync, excluding that outboard motor. Also, this is my first multi-engine plane so I'm not excluding user error. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by hwhite815 View Post
                              Hi all. I've had my B-24 since Christmas but just now getting her all set up and running into a few problems. Did anyone else have motor issues? Anytime I taxi her over half throttle she just goes into a ground loop to the left, even with full right rudder to counteract. I can't even get her off the ground. The outboard port-side motor does not sound to be running smoothly in comparison to the other three. Any recommendations? Initially I thought I may not have had the ESC's calibrated properly but I've done that several times and they all seem to be running in sync, excluding that outboard motor. Also, this is my first multi-engine plane so I'm not excluding user error. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
                              Do you have all the props on the correct sides? If you've mixed a counter-rotating prop with a "normal" one, the plane will drive itself in a circle. Are the motors rotating in the direction they ought to be?

Comment

• Oh yeah that will cause major headaches if you forget about checking those things

Comment

• Finally had the weather to maiden my B-24 but it didn't go well. I did my control check all good taxi out all fine and dandy. started to applied power and gain some lift suddenly the aircraft went right and to the ground. I think the ailerons got reverse but when I check them again they were on the correct direction. I have an admiral receiver and DX9 radio. Also, I was flying a Parzone P47 and the FW F8 before with no problems at all. The damage is fixable just have to wait for new wings to be in stock. (flight,crash,repair)

Comment

• That's too bad, I feel for you. A common problem with this plane are prop strikes. Especially considering the tall grass you were flying off of, it is possible you caught the outside nacelle prop and it broke off the engine nacelle, thus causing the roll to the right.
                                    Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

• Sad to see this. Bummer. Grass didn’t look too long. Our grass looks similar.

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.
                                      Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                                      Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                                      I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Our grass is far worse and the B-24 doesn't have any problems hitting props. Even though the video was very poor and badly pixelated, one could see it start to roll right very soon after lift off. It's almost like the motors weren't synced and the left was pulling more that the right and the climb may have been too steep for the airspeed it had, resulting in a compounded effect of less lift on the right side. Or it could have been a simple case of "dumb thumbs".

Comment

• Almost looked like you had one side overpowering the other. Check the escs and make sure one isn't cutting out or going into thermal power reduction. What about your cg? Was it on point as well?

Comment

Working...
                                          X