Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like i'd better get back to working on mine.
    Plus Barney' s Buzz Wagon graphics and nomenclature sets ship tomorrow from Callie!

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
      Could be that parts have indeed arrived, but take time to unpack, sort, and get added to the system. I'm sure they were very busy today unpacking F-4s and getting them shipped out. ;)
      Yeah, I got that, I'm just hoping the B-24 parts are some of the early ones out of the crates. Tom, are if you're out there, can you at least tell us if the Nose Door Sets are in this shipment?

Comment

• Me too, waiting on more props and nose gear doors!
        Pat

Comment

• Well, I finally got around to finishing up the paint work in the cockpit. Oh, my hands used to be steadier, and my eyesight better. But, as my old Sr. Chief used to say, "It's better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick." LOL

I also got the top turret installed with a 360 servo and camera. Many thanks to mirored for the 3D files.
          Last edited by Prowler901; Mar 23, 2018, 01:45 PM. Reason: Correcting wrong credit for turret stl files.

Comment

• Prowler, I'd say your hands and eyes are working pretty well- that looks exceptional!:Cool:
            Tom

Comment

• Brought my B-24 out to the field today for its maiden flight. Despite winds, it flew fantastic, plenty of power and looks great in the air. The first flight was uneventful and I got some awesome pictures from a fellow club member! Setup was 2 4S 3300s and stock CG and low rates with 15% expo.

The second flight however, did not go quite as well. On takeoff, I had a prop strike and lost a prop blade on the outboard right engine. Made it all the way around the pattern, and in the base to final turn, the nacelle broke off, and pulled the aircraft into a spin. I cut power and managed to get it flat, but the fuselage took a pretty big hit (last photo). It’s definitly fixable, but I’ll be going to master airscrew props and carbon-reinforcing the nacelles this time around. I thought I could squeak in two flights without the reinforcement mod, but I really think it’s a must for this plane.

Comment

• Aw Mike, so sorry to hear that! I know you’ll have it back up in no time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sky Wolf View Post
                  Aw Mike, so sorry to hear that! I know you’ll have it back up in no time.
                  Thanks man, I'll get it fixed for sure, it just figures. Just as I thought I had finally completed a project, its time for a redux.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogo View Post
                    Prowler, I'd say your hands and eyes are working pretty well- that looks exceptional!:Cool:
                    Tom
                    Thanks, Tom. :)
                    Aw, Delta! That stinks, man. :( But, I know you've got the skills to fix her up. :Cool:

I'm getting worried about these prop strikes. The runway I'll likely maiden from is packed dirt, and it has some bumps in it. I'm strongly considering the prop change.

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
                      Brought my B-24 out to the field today for its maiden flight. Despite winds, it flew fantastic, plenty of power and looks great in the air. The first flight was uneventful and I got some awesome pictures from a fellow club member! Setup was 2 4S 3300s and stock CG and low rates with 15% expo.

The second flight however, did not go quite as well. On takeoff, I had a prop strike and lost a prop blade on the outboard right engine. Made it all the way around the pattern, and in the base to final turn, the nacelle broke off, and pulled the aircraft into a spin. I cut power and managed to get it flat, but the fuselage took a pretty big hit (last photo). It’s definitly fixable, but I’ll be going to master airscrew props and carbon-reinforcing the nacelles this time around. I thought I could squeak in two flights without the reinforcement mod, but I really think it’s a must for this plane.

Mine did the same thing but on take off and I didn't hit a prop. It seperated on takeoff and ripped off my nacell and then rolled over and crashed. This bird is wicked when it looses a nacelle. It’s all fixed and flown about 20 times without a hiccup.
                      Last edited by 4923crew; Mar 17, 2018, 09:44 PM. Reason: Phone auto correct spelling failure

Comment

• What are the mods anyone has done to reinforce the nacelles? Is this a common occurrence?

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post

Thanks man, I'll get it fixed for sure, it just figures. Just as I thought I had finally completed a project, its time for a redux.
                          Gees, Mike, sorry to hear this. You had a really tough day yesterday, with your F-4 going missing, too. Today's got to be a better day...

Comment

• Originally posted by RickVB View Post

Gees, Mike, sorry to hear this. You had a really tough day yesterday, with your F-4 going missing, too. Today's got to be a better day...
                            Thanks Rick, hoping for the same. Time to sit back and work on some projects.

Comment

• Originally posted by MANFRED View Post
                              What are the mods anyone has done to reinforce the nacelles? Is this a common occurrence?
                              I wouldn’t say common, but it’s certainly been reported a few times. Here is a link to the reinforcement mod: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=1888

Comment

• I had my maiden flight this morning, everything went well. Couple of things to report:

I took off without using the flaps, no issues. Here's a quick vid of 2 laps: https://www.facebook.com/barry.berta...20703556/?t=10

During flight, I tested the flaps in the "takeoff position" but it had no affect that I could tell. For landing I used full-flaps (per the manual), with some down trim mixed in (per the manual) and it seemed to work well, the model did slow down, and the bit of down trim prevented the model from ballooning. During the landing the model didn't slow down enough and came in pretty hot for a bomber, even with the throttles just above idle. I ended up going off the end of our runway (its about 300 feet long). So for my second flight I made a couple of changes. I increased "full flap" to about 60 degrees. And I increased the amount of "takeoff flaps" to about 20 degrees and removed the down trim for that setting since you don't want a nose-down trim setting during takeoff.

Then on the second flight I tried using takeoff flaps during takeoff and the model just levitated off the ground, it was very cool. And I was taking off in some crosswind, and the left wing rose and the right prop rubbed the ground .... aaarrgh but no harm done. I just removed a bit of paint off the prop tips. I was ready for this and took off quickly. Another nice flight. Then later, during the landing I used full flaps and what a difference this time! It slowed way down and I was able to walk it in for a perfect landing, nose in the air, and a gentle slow touchdown. Just about perfect!

So that's my story. I'm very sorry to hear about F106's accident. Gotta avoid prop strikes!
                                Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Originally posted by davegee View Post
                                  Hi dkalwishky: In my personal experience, I have removed/replaced a ton of defective servos that were glued in at the factory. I have never had to resort to some glue softener. I have always been able to gently tug on them to remove them. It might take off just a little foam with them, but usually it is a clean break where the glue was attached to the foam.
                                  Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
                                  Those ribbon cables have to "snap" when to push them in, as for the servo just slowly pull it out by the horn, the glue should pull lose.
                                  Thanks guys, I forgot to report back that I got the servo out without doing any damage to the plane. I took some pliers to the servo horn and worked it back and forth and it came free. Took maybe five minutes from start to finish.

I was reluctant to do this as I had to remove a servo from the Dynam Tigermoth's wing and that took a chunk of foam out, there is a hole in the wing now. A little filler and paint will fix it up good as new.

Comment

• I went with Male Call because I'm a big Jimmy Stewart fan. I had a bad rudder servo but Motion got me taken care of right away, the parts showed up last week and so did the F-4.so I've been distracted.

Here are some pictures of the graphics, Callie does great work!

Comment

• Originally posted by dkalwishky View Post
                                      I went with Male Call because I'm a big Jimmy Stewart fan. I had a bad rudder servo but Motion got me taken care of right away, the parts showed up last week and so did the F-4.so I've been distracted.

Here are some pictures of the graphics, Callie does great work!
                                      I'm highly disappointed!! That shop is way too clean. What kind of hobbyist are you? You're making us look bad out here!:)

The B-24 looks good too!!

Comment

• It was only clean like that for an hour. It's a disaster area at the moment. :)

Comment

• Monday afternoon now and still no parts... I've been holding off on my next (big) order hoping they'd show so I could add them... (hint hint)

Comment

Working...
                                          X