Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone decided to 3d up a bomb bay mod? It would be amazing to just remove a section of foam and glue in a 3d section. Hit me up if you do or are willing to make one. I will pay if reasonable as I am sure others would like one to.

Comment

• Comment

• WOW! That's beautiful! You did a great job on her. She looks amazing in the air. :Cool:

Comment

• I Got these guys off Ebay they come painted but i added the cigar map and a guy reading Life magazine . They are a little small but ok and arms and heads move 10 for $10 fitted one inside the Ball Turret i made in the background

Comment

• SWEET photos! Looks like the real deal for sure in-flight!

Comment

• Awesome photos !

Hey, received my special washers and hex spacers for the 8" MAS prop mod yesterday. Awesome.

PM Russcramer ( Oliver) on RCG for more info. See RCG posts 2009 & 2013 . Look really nice !

Hawk

Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
              Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
              I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Originally posted by 4923crew View Post
                Has anyone decided to 3d up a bomb bay mod? It would be amazing to just remove a section of foam and glue in a 3d section. Hit me up if you do or are willing to make one. I will pay if reasonable as I am sure others would like one to.
                I am working on a design to print but not very far along yet. It is a challenge, but I like one. Anyone with a working design that is not 3D printed, I don't mind using what can be shared.

Comment

• I'm debating on whether this thread is appropriate or if I should start a new one for my problem, I think I'll start here.

My B-24 assembly isn't going as well as I had hoped. When I got the plane I put the elevator & rudder servos on my tester and ran them for 3 - 5 minutes and they seemed fine. I was in the preorder batch so when it showed up I wanted to inspect everything because I knew I wouldn't get started on it right away.

I finally started putting the plane together and getting the decals on last week. The rudder servos were working fine, I got them centered and the control linkages hooked up. I hooked up the wings and tested the flap and aileron servos, everything was fine. When I cycled the gear only the right main and nose gear worked but the let main did not.

Tonight I wanted to look at the gear and see if I could figure out what was wrong. I got everything hooked up and the right rudder would not work and the left gear would not work. I reset all of the wires into the control board and no joy. I hooked the rudder servos directly to the receiver, no joy. I went to my servo tester and no joy. I went so far as to remove the plastic case from the end of the servo lead and plugged the individual wires into the servo test, again no joy. Weird because it worked last week.

I then switched focus to the landing gear issue. It would not work at all until I wiggled and resat the ribbon cable from the wing, then the left retract worked 90%+ of the time, the last 10 or so times I cycled the gear it worked 100%.

So I have two questions.

1. I believe I need to remove the servo from the right rudder and replace it. It is glued in and I would like to know how to dissolve the glue without screwing up the foam. I've heard that putting some Zippo lighter fluid on the glue will dissolve it. Can anyone confirm that or suggest a different way to get it out?

2. Sometime before the weekend is over I'm going to try the gear again and if it works 100% I'll not worry about it but if it doesn't work all the time then I will replace it. If it comes to that does anyone have any advice on getting the old one out? The circuit board that it connects to in the wing root is recessed enough that it looks like a pain to deal with.

Comment

• I'd be afraid to use lighter fluid in there. I've read that isopropyl alcohol will loosen the glue.

Comment

• Hi dkalwishky: In my personal experience, I have removed/replaced a ton of defective servos that were glued in at the factory. I have never had to resort to some glue softener. I have always been able to gently tug on them to remove them. It might take off just a little foam with them, but usually it is a clean break where the glue was attached to the foam. I had to remove/replace both flap servos in my B-24 because I was having asymmetric flap issues. Broke a prop on the last landing with a crosswind and asymmetric flaps, that was about 6 weeks or more ago. STILL waiting on replacement props to come in, but that's another story...
                      Good luck!

Comment

• Originally posted by dkalwishky View Post
                        I'm debating on whether this thread is appropriate or if I should start a new one for my problem, I think I'll start here.

My B-24 assembly isn't going as well as I had hoped.
                        Those ribbon cables have to "snap" when to push them in, as for the servo just slowly pull it out by the horn, the glue should pull lose.

TiredIron Aviation
                        Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• I had a similar problem with the landing gear when I was setting things up and found it was because the battery I was using for testing wasn't charged fully. Just sayin'.
                          Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• I had some crazy stuff happening on my bird which I troubleshot and replaced the control board. Mine had a ton of corrosion on the backside that refersed my aileron servos on the maiden flight and crashed my bird. Now that I replaced the board I have zero issues.

Comment

• I'll be blasting mine with corrosion x

Comment

• What's up with the lack of spare parts for the B-24. It's been a couple months that they've been out of props and a few other items. Talked with Motion earlier this week, said they got in a shipment of B-24 planes and some spare parts, but only the plane inventory has been updated. They weren't sure what parts came in, so I guess it was nothing they were out of or no parts. Don't want to go to the master airscrew props yet cause I'll need to modify the spinners, but can't wait forever. Anyone with any better luck?
                                Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                                Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• I took these pictures of my control board tonight. Anyone think I should replace it?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3392.JPG
Views:	570
Size:	108.6 KB
ID:	121753

Name:	IMG_3393.JPG
Views:	534
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	121754

Name:	IMG_3394.JPG
Views:	539
Size:	120.4 KB
ID:	121755

Dave
                                  Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by themudduck View Post
                                    I had a similar problem with the landing gear when I was setting things up and found it was because the battery I was using for testing wasn't charged fully. Just sayin'.
                                    I checked my batteries, they were at storage voltage. Next time I mess with it I will verify that the ribbon cable snaps into place. I was sure I pressed it in all the way but perhaps not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post
                                      What's up with the lack of spare parts for the B-24. It's been a couple months that they've been out of props and a few other items. Talked with Motion earlier this week, said they got in a shipment of B-24 planes and some spare parts, but only the plane inventory has been updated. They weren't sure what parts came in, so I guess it was nothing they were out of or no parts. Don't want to go to the master airscrew props yet cause I'll need to modify the spinners, but can't wait forever. Anyone with any better luck?
                                      And I've been waiting for the 3D detail parts too. Hope that container shows up soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by NoDirt! View Post

And I've been waiting for the 3D detail parts too. Hope that container shows up soon.
                                        I Was told they are not going to be selling the 3D parts now which sucks as i searched like hell to find gunners to fit so have a friend trying out his new 3D printer but its a long process. Here are pilot and gunners i found if your looking for any. The small ones are on eBay come pre-painted and fitted in the ball turret i made. The Call of duty are in Walmart and the pilot is American diorama return to pearl harbor from eBay but are heavy resin and none fixed pose

Comment

• Originally posted by stu View Post

I Was told they are not going to be selling the 3D parts now which sucks as i searched like hell to find gunners to fit so have a friend trying out his new 3D printer but its a long process. Here are pilot and gunners i found if your looking for any. The small ones are on eBay come pre-painted and fitted in the ball turret i made. The Call of duty are in Walmart and the pilot is American diorama return to pearl harbor from eBay but are heavy resin and none fixed pose
                                          I took on 3D printing because of this plane. I think my printing is on par, if not better, than the ones I see coming from outside vendors. The real favorable part for me is that I can use the same files to create printings for the 12' Don Smith B24 I am building. If your friend is looking for any help on setup and running the prints, I am willing to do what I can. Let me know.

Comment

Working...
                                          X