X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ryan@Motion/ryramZ View Post

Look at the wing root connection Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1617.JPG Views:	1 Size:	110.1 KB ID:	113267
    Thanks,
    Got back on the motors today. I've checked all connections, tried throttle calibration with no response from the motors. I pulled the covers off the back of each nacelle and tried programming each esc with my programming card connected to the UBEC. Only 1 motor acknowledge the card with 4 beeps. Nothing working now so I'll call Motion Monday and ask what I should do. Never had this issue before.

Comment

• I need some help with getting the ESCs to work on my new B-24. When everything is plugged in I just get a couple of beeps. I bought the programmer but I only get the power light to work on it. No other lights when I plug it in to the throttle. Any suggestions on how to proceed, I am using Futaba equipment.

Comment

• IS YOUR THROTTLE TRIM UP TRY TRIMMING IT BACK HAS CAUSED ME PROBLEMS IN THE PAST.ALSO TRY PLUGGING IN PROGRAM CARD THEN DISCONNECT BATT AND RECONNECT.. HOPE IT HELPS

Comment

• also esc must be programed individualy i think

Comment

• Originally posted by hotrod23t View Post
            also esc must be programed individualy i think
            One reason I hate hardwired together ESCs. If you are having programming issues you may NEED to have each ESC disconnected completely from the others.
            FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• I just tried everything I could think of and finally pulled the motor / esc out of the nacelle to test - nothing! I pulled a Castle ESC out and it worked perfectly.

I've finally got everything working. Throttle calibration and one motor with the brake setting "on" created the problem. I unplugged the esc signal wires from each esc and reset each one using a separate rx and 4.8v rx battery. I followed the sequence in this video and got all of the motors working correctly. I probably could have done the calibration on all 4 motors at the same time but I guess that's part of the learning process! Here's a good video that explains how to set your escs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KV0DzOQDk8M
              Last edited by srush99; Jan 21, 2018, 05:20 PM.

Comment

• Have you tried reversing the Throttle channel? Futaba are reversed from every other radio.
                Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

• A friend showed at the field up at the field after I left. Did a nice job on the makeover.

Mike
                  \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• 2000 B-24 Strawberry Bitch maiden fly at Danny's airfield
                    , El Paso, Texas

Comment

• Just fantastic. Thx for sharing pics.

Comment

• Originally posted by jsfrog123 View Post
                        2000 B-24 Strawberry Bitch maiden fly at Danny's airfield
                        , El Paso, Texas
                        Welcome!!!! Love the pics!!!!

Comment

• That's really gorgeous! Wonderful job on the weathering. Well done, sir. :Cool:

Comment

• jsfrog123...Looks great. :Cool:

Woody

Comment

• JSFROG123.........Looks great man!

Got two flights on my Witchcraft 100. Everything was set to neutral on the flying surfaces. Take off was a bit wonky, my fault, but I wanted to get her up to trim alt. All she needed was some up trim. Definitely IMHO low rates are all you need with her. In fact I dialed her down some more. You have to fly this plane, she drags her tail, so you have to use the rudder. For those yank and bankers, this is not a plane for you. Landing was with no flaps and straight, flat and beautiful. Our resident safety officer, who happens to be my neighbor, made the second flight. I got to get some video for the wife on my phone. He had a good flight as well and we compared notes. Same conclusions, this is a plane you have to fly. I think I'm going to add a gyro. The only problems that I have to check and fix are, one main gear didn't come up all the way, and the little plastic plate around the nose gear came off. I like it very mucho.

Comment

• Weather of late has keep me grounded but tomorrow looks good so I plan to maiden mine. With the work I have done my RTF weight is 9lbs. using 2 HK 4000ma graphene packs. Airframe no batteries is 6.5 lbs. with the 2.5oz tail weight I have added. Hopefully others can share the weight of theirs. Friend just completed a Pat Triddle B-17 kit that RTF is 4.75 lbs. and the span of it is only 1" less then our Liberators so real apples and oranges these two models are. Enjoy, donnie

Comment

• Found this great book in a local book store. Chocked full of pics of different Libs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sky Wolf View Post
                                    Found this great book in a local book store. Chocked full of pics of different Libs.
                                    You may be the go to guy for different livery’s in the future.

Comment

• Originally posted by donnie View Post
                                      Weather of late has keep me grounded but tomorrow looks good so I plan to maiden mine. With the work I have done my RTF weight is 9lbs. using 2 HK 4000ma graphene packs. Airframe no batteries is 6.5 lbs. with the 2.5oz tail weight I have added. Hopefully others can share the weight of theirs. Friend just completed a Pat Triddle B-17 kit that RTF is 4.75 lbs. and the span of it is only 1" less then our Liberators so real apples and oranges these two models are. Enjoy, donnie
                                      Good luck with Maiden hope ya get some video ! Pre ordered mine and I still have not had time to get this plane built yet , hope to soon !

Comment

• Bomb bay update...

I had hoped to have an installed bay by now, but family medical concerns are taking much of my time now. Progress will continue, just a bit on the slow(er) side.

So last update I had doors installed on one side and wanted to do a servo check. I did a quick servo installation to validate the doors would operate properly. They did, better than I expected. The torque rod does not rotate a full 90 degrees, but a lot closer than I thought it would, so placement of the torque rod arm is used to control range of movement.

With servo check complete, I installed the other set of doors, but not without doing some painting first. Interior green on the door and bay insides (still have a little to do), acrylic aluminum on door outsides. Since I need the space for retractable ball turret, I found I had to install the servo so it extends into the bay—, however, it doesn’t extend much and when painted will not be noticeable (not that it would be seen anyway). The partial circle you see on the bay floor piece marks the space the ball turret installation will need. A side benefit of the installation is servo wires will be heading in right direction and should be easier to get to Rx, with shorter extensions needed. But I haven'’t put it together yet so don'’t have a final Rx location to work with. Regardless, the doors are now "“permanently"” installed, so any additional required work will be via openings still there.

Arms are circuit board cut to size needed and holes enlarged for the clevis pin. I plan to use a metal clevis for strength and durability, and since there won'’t be any metal to metal rubbing (one in pics is soldered, and final ones will be as well) not concerned about electrical noise.

The servos are Blue Bird 380MG, in my opinion the best servo for the money out there. I have used them for years and in all sorts of models, with nary a problem. At 54oz of torque they provide more than enough oomph to move the doors smartly. I did order some servo slowdowns for the door servos, but after seeing them operate, I’m not using them. The doors do move “fast” but again, won'’t be noticeable in the air, and even less so since they roll up and don’'t swing open. If they swung open I would use them, since snap open/snap closed would look too wrong, —but you just don'’t see the roll top action that way.

At this point next update should be my final one, showing installation of the bays and, with daughter'’s help, video showing operation. Now if I can only get that retractable turret in place, —I think it'’s going to cause me relatively more trouble than the bays did--—lol...…Pete M

Comment

• WOW. Pete! Just, WOW. :Cool:

Comment

Working...
                                          X