X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mirored View Post

I took on 3D printing because of this plane. I think my printing is on par, if not better, than the ones I see coming from outside vendors. The real favorable part for me is that I can use the same files to create printings for the 12' Don Smith B24 I am building. If your friend is looking for any help on setup and running the prints, I am willing to do what I can. Let me know.
    That's very likely possible. I am so disappointed sometimes with the way companies will set up a fleet of machines and then never bother to properly calibrate or perfect any of them. You'll see under extrusion, layer heights set incorrectly, uneven layers due to uneven print beds, wavy layers, etc. With a freaking $600 Robo3D R1, an E3D hotend, and some printed upgrades I was able to accomplish the same thing. Now I have a Prometheus dual extruder system, a Discov3ry paste extruder system, an Eora 3D scanner, and a Polysher polishing machine. I really need to put that whole kit to better use haha.

Comment

• Originally posted by stu View Post

I Was told they are not going to be selling the 3D parts now which sucks as i searched like hell to find gunners to fit so have a friend trying out his new 3D printer but its a long process. Here are pilot and gunners i found if your looking for any. The small ones are on eBay come pre-painted and fitted in the ball turret i made. The Call of duty are in Walmart and the pilot is American diorama return to pearl harbor from eBay but are heavy resin and none fixed pose
      When/where did you here that? It would bum me out. See the post by Alpha # 970 https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/rc...981#post116981

Maybe we could get an update. Otherwise I would really like to get these things made soon.
      Last edited by NoDirt!; Mar 9, 2018, 01:01 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• If the preprinted parts shipped in early February then hopefully they will be in the same container as the F-4's which means a mid April delivery to customers.

Comment

• Starting to make some progress on my B-24 repaint. Fuselage and tail are done, wings are up next.

Comment

• Fun scheme Mike!

Comment

• Lookin' good, Delta. :Cool: Bugs Bunny is my all time favorite cartoon character. LOL

Hey Sky Wolf. When are you gonna get one? :)

Comment

• Thanks guys. Me too Prowler :). There is a good chance my C-47 will join it with a “What’s Up Doc?” scheme. What I also love about it is that it is perfect for displaying at family events and displays for the club, and getting kids interested in the planes.

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
                  Thanks guys. Me too Prowler :). There is a good chance my C-47 will join it with a “What’s Up Doc?” scheme. What I also love about it is that it is perfect for displaying at family events and displays for the club, and getting kids interested in the planes.
                  Hey Mike, speaking of helping kids, do you recognize this kid? Caleb, my nephew. I let him fly my Carbon Z Cub yesterday, and he mentioned you from Golden Triangle Club.

Comment

• Prowler, if you saw my hangar you’d understand. Filled to the brim with planes, and 4 still in the boxes on the back wall. Working on selling a few to make room.

Project Boneyard!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sky Wolf View Post

Hey Mike, speaking of helping kids, do you recognize this kid? Caleb, my nephew. I let him fly my Carbon Z Cub yesterday, and he mentioned you from Golden Triangle Club.
                      Yeah, I actually gave him my old Dynam Cirrus! Seen him around UTA several times when I’ve been working with the Aero Mavs team.

Comment

Prowler, if you saw my hangar you’d understand. Filled to the brim with planes, and 4 still in the boxes on the back wall. Working on selling a few to make room.

Project Boneyard!
                        I've seen some of your hangar in your videos. LOL Yeah, it's pretty full. Have you uploaded anything new lately? I love your videos. They're like taking a trip with a friend. :Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by Prowler901 View Post

I've seen some of your hangar in your videos. LOL Yeah, it's pretty full. Have you uploaded anything new lately? I love your videos. They're like taking a trip with a friend. :Cool:
                          Man, I’ve been buried so deep in work and family that I’m about 5 video projects behind. Thanks for noticing and for your comment. That means a lot!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post
                            What's up with the lack of spare parts for the B-24. It's been a couple months that they've been out of props and a few other items. Talked with Motion earlier this week, said they got in a shipment of B-24 planes and some spare parts, but only the plane inventory has been updated. They weren't sure what parts came in, so I guess it was nothing they were out of or no parts. Don't want to go to the master airscrew props yet cause I'll need to modify the spinners, but can't wait forever. Anyone with any better luck?
                            Yeah MRC guys, did the parts all miss the boat? Seems like I remember something about parts supposedly coming right after the initial kit delivery; it's been two months now. Props and pilots have been gone almost from day one, no nose gear doors, no 3DP parts...

Comment

• Originally posted by RickVB View Post

Yeah MRC guys, did the parts all miss the boat? Seems like I remember something about parts supposedly coming right after the initial kit delivery; it's been two months now. Props and pilots have been gone almost from day one, no nose gear doors, no 3DP parts...
                              I have also been very disappointed with lack of B-24 parts. It has been close to two months since I flew my plane, due to lack of props. For the interim, there is a company in Asia (not sure I should divulge their name here) that has the props for the same price as MRC, and about $6.95 for shipping. I should have mine within a week. I can always buy more from MRC whenever their very SLOW boat from China comes in!

Comment

• Originally posted by NoDirt! View Post

When/where did you here that? It would bum me out. See the post by Alpha # 970 https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/rc...981#post116981

Maybe we could get an update. Otherwise I would really like to get these things made soon.
                                It was a reply on here i thought it was from motion rc and have looked back and cant seem to find it so lets hope it was a mistake and the 3D parts will be available soon

Comment

Prowler, if you saw my hangar you’d understand. Filled to the brim with planes, and 4 still in the boxes on the back wall. Working on selling a few to make room.

Project Boneyard!
                                  FYI - Weatherford Texas Highschool is the venue for their annual swap meet this Saturday......the challenge is to come back with less than you brought

TwistedGrin

Comment

• Man, thanks for letting me know about the swap meet. I may have try to get out there. Is it both Saturday and Sunday?

Comment

• Originally posted by stu View Post

It was a reply on here i thought it was from motion rc and have looked back and cant seem to find it so lets hope it was a mistake and the 3D parts will be available soon
                                      According to Tom, a ton of parts are coming in tomorrow (well, today). Hopefully, in the next few days the ones we're looking for will be there...

Comment

• So looks like no parts today, after all... :(

Comment

• Could be that parts have indeed arrived, but take time to unpack, sort, and get added to the system. I'm sure they were very busy today unpacking F-4s and getting them shipped out. ;)
                                          Pat

Comment

Working...
                                          X